[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sports Betting Thread  (Read 22278 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Sports Betting Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2022, 11:07:12 AM »
I like Purdue tonight -12.5.

Objectively, I think Miami could blow out ISU, but they are a huge public side so that worries me. I liked UCLA before Jacquez re-aggravated his ankle injury.

Thoughts on Kansas/PC?

IMO Kansas wins, but 7-8 seems like a big number for a team that feels like they struggle to put teams away and against PU who will try to keep it in the high 60s

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2022, 12:47:39 PM »
Orlando blowing a game they had a 99.7% win probability with a minute left cost me a long shot parlay and about $10K in winnings, so that sucked.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »
Bucks to sweep Bulls +300 on FD or Bucks -2.5 games at -115 on DK.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2022, 09:42:31 AM »
Bucks to sweep Bulls +300 on FD or Bucks -2.5 games at -115 on DK.

Bucks -2.5 games meaning Bucks need to win in 5 or sweep?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2022, 09:58:16 AM »
Bucks -2.5 games meaning Bucks need to win in 5 or sweep?

Correct

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2022, 06:22:52 PM »
Nets, Hawks, Clippers and Wolves to advance form play in tournament +470

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2022, 02:26:17 PM »
Likely will bet the Celtics/Heat win the series vs. the Nets at + odds

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2022, 11:34:05 AM »
Nets, Hawks, Clippers and Wolves to advance form play in tournament +470

halfway there....but it was the easy half.

Celtics did not get the odds I was expecting (-145 currently) so probably will stay away.

I like GSW -1.5 games at + odds. Bucks -350 to win game 1 and the series. Maybe Wolves +1.5 games at +odds.

Mavs +215 is great value if you think Luka only misses a game, but probably will stay away.

Suns to win West and Bucks to win East parlay +550

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2022, 12:06:38 PM »
halfway there....but it was the easy half.

Celtics did not get the odds I was expecting (-145 currently) so probably will stay away.

I like GSW -1.5 games at + odds. Bucks -350 to win game 1 and the series. Maybe Wolves +1.5 games at +odds.

Mavs +215 is great value if you think Luka only misses a game, but probably will stay away.

Suns to win West and Bucks to win East parlay +550

That gives me a little pause with Curry still undetermined.  No/lesser Curry + Poole and Klay being streaky as they have been against Jokic could easily go to 7 IMO.  If Curry is healthy or even 75-80% then thats a moot point and I could see 4-2 pretty easily

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2022, 12:34:48 PM »
That gives me a little pause with Curry still undetermined.  No/lesser Curry + Poole and Klay being streaky as they have been against Jokic could easily go to 7 IMO.  If Curry is healthy or even 75-80% then thats a moot point and I could see 4-2 pretty easily

Agreed. If Curry isn't healthy then I don't feel great about it. But there's a reason it's + odds.

I just can't see Denver's non-Jokic guys holding up over a series. Draymond is just about the perfect guy to matchup with Jokic. They obviously won't neutralize him, but should be able to make him slightly less effective. If Curry was fully healthy I would expect Denver to get 1 game.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2022, 10:44:41 AM »
Ended up parlaying Bucks/Suns to make the finals at +626. The Bucks second round series is obviously the big concern. If they both get to the conference finals, should be able to hedge on their opponents at +odds to breakeven pretty easily.

Also parlayed Bucks -2.5 games and Warriors -1.5 games at +225.

Lastly, I have the open bet of Nets, Hawks, Clippers and Wolves to advance form play in tournament +470. Probably will hedge a bit on Pels and Cavs MLs to guarantee profit there.

Decided against any Mavs, Celtics or Wolves bets but we'll see how those series progress.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
Ended up parlaying Bucks/Suns to make the finals at +626. The Bucks second round series is obviously the big concern. If they both get to the conference finals, should be able to hedge on their opponents at +odds to breakeven pretty easily.

Lastly, I have the open bet of Nets, Hawks, Clippers and Wolves to advance form play in tournament +470. Probably will hedge a bit on Pels and Cavs MLs to guarantee profit there.

Decided against any Mavs, Celtics or Wolves bets but we'll see how those series progress.

PG out tonight. Would def hedge that.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2022, 12:22:07 PM »
PG out tonight. Would def hedge that.

I did, luckily before the odds changed. Pels at +143. but only hedged enough to break even.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2022, 07:06:40 AM »
Brash over 4.5 K’s +105 on DK

This line won’t be + money by 9am CST. After last night, RIP to the Hunter Greene over 4.5 K props (it was very nice to get that prop twice, but we’ll never see Greene at 4.5 ever again).

Need to take advantage of the books offering rookie hard throwing studs at advantageous numbers while you can.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2022, 11:54:34 AM »
I haven't been posting but have been on a heater lately. Warriors/Bucks series parlay is looking good if the Bucks win tonight. Mavs ML/Brewers -1.5 vs. Pittsburgh parlay was a hit earlier this week. Memphis -7 last night. I did lose PHX live ML +115 at the start of the 4Q. Thought they'd be able to overcome Booker's absence but the Pels went and took that game.

Bucks -10 is my play tonight, although I kind of like the 1H line better.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 02:41:06 PM by BM1090 »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2022, 01:48:13 PM »
With Middleton's injury I'm looking at hedge options for the Warriors -1.5 games/Bucks -2.5 games +225 parlay. Thoughts?

If the Warriors win tonight I'm confident they won't lose three in a row. That leg would be pretty safe. If they lose it gets tricky and I probably have to wait it out and hope the Bucks/Bulls

Hedge on Bulls ML each game for smaller amounts? Hope the Bucks win game three and the series spread goes back to 2.5 games and hedge that?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2022, 11:45:36 PM »

Hit on the second parlay with the two wins tonight. Don’t feel great about the first with injuries and matchups going forward, but hitting this one guarantees a decent profit for the playoffs.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2023, 01:32:23 PM »
So...Ohio legalized sports betting as of January 1. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best site/app? Or do most people get accounts with multiple sites/apps so that they can shop for odds?

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to open an account, but they seem to be offering some pretty good incentives so I'm considering it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2023, 01:38:47 PM »
Ask Pete Rose.   Seriously, the optics of him placing the first bet......   oy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2023, 01:46:20 PM »

Yeah, that's a bad look.

One of the funny things is that various sites/apps hired famous people to be Ohio's first bet. I know that on Sunday I heard that Bernie Kosar was the first bet with a $19k bet on the Browns. Now I'm hearing it's Rose. Obviously, Rose is the better story, so I'm sure that will be "the one" that sticks.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2023, 01:50:57 PM »
So...Ohio legalized sports betting as of January 1. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best site/app? Or do most people get accounts with multiple sites/apps so that they can shop for odds?

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to open an account, but they seem to be offering some pretty good incentives so I'm considering it.

My advice would be to go with whichever platform you’re comfortable with, and obviously shopping the lines.

The start up promos are usually pretty rich, and typically free money. Even if you only want to occasionally bet, definitely take advantage of the promos now (they’ll fade away in a couple weeks).

For me, DK usually has the most wagering options, but I prefer FanDuel’s interface. There isn’t one site I personally love.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2023, 01:51:22 PM »

Since you're a new state, get every service available. They will all have stupid promos for the next year. It'll be $25 or $50 max bets on an easy winner BOOSTED to +100. Once these dry up after a year, I've stuck with MGM, PointsBet and DraftKings.

PointsBet is the easiest and clean. However, they are generally missing things like MU player props.
MGM has the best search function.
DraftKings has everything.

Action app was excellent for tracking across all the books. However, the DK data breach has hampered that a bit. I still use it a lot especially for looking for the best line.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2023, 01:56:57 PM »
My son said he likes Barstools the best, but I take that with a grain of salt. He seems to like Barstools everything. Me...not so much.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2023, 01:59:59 PM »
Yeah, that's a bad look.

One of the funny things is that various sites/apps hired famous people to be Ohio's first bet. I know that on Sunday I heard that Bernie Kosar was the first bet with a $19k bet on the Browns. Now I'm hearing it's Rose. Obviously, Rose is the better story, so I'm sure that will be "the one" that sticks.

;D missed opportunity: Rose is the bettor story

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2023, 02:00:39 PM »

I thought that was awesome.

feedback