[Today at 09:44:45 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2023?  (Read 82950 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2023?
« Reply #1400 on: March 25, 2024, 08:17:30 PM »
I used to live that Ludacris song from the Nissan commercials. Especially when Les Grossman is dancing to it .

Great flick. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: March 25, 2024, 09:37:53 PM »
Very much agree.  Always surprised how there are SO MANY repetitive commercials for March Madness and people get incredibly tired of them. 

What's the advertising theory there?

According to internal surveys they found that the average basketball fan has a short term memory.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: March 25, 2024, 11:35:14 PM »
Just sayin, after the last 4 days .. I'll never go to a Buffalo Wild Wings again.

The District Tap in Indy had some of the best wings I've ever had.

Haven't been to a BWW in at least 7-8 years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1403 on: March 28, 2024, 08:55:04 AM »
Well, there are many theories about what level of frequency of exposure is needed for a campaign to be effective.  However, it seems they have way overshot that.  Need a few additional executions for it not to be overly repetitive/a waste of $. Most companies fail to produce enough creative as that costs $$$.

Also, we are probably going to be over-exposed as we are very heavy consumers of basketball.  Most people are not going to be seeing it as many times as we are.

I'm also wondering if the amount of people watching on delay and fastforwarding through commercials or switching to another game during commercials means you need even more to make an impression
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:56:47 AM by TAMU, Knower of Ball »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: March 28, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
According to internal surveys they found that the average basketball fan has a short term memory.

Maybe for ads, but for what they insist were bad calls by refs? Bball fans can recall those in detail 20 years later. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: March 28, 2024, 11:06:19 AM »
I'm also wondering if the amount of people watching on delay and fastforwarding through commercials or switching to another game during commercials means you need even more to make an impression

You see A LOT more cross platform tie-in then you used to.  When I used to be in the media agency in the early 2010s, the TV ads and the digital ad plans were thematically tied, but stand alone in nature.  Now the pre-roll for Youtube or other social media is either the same as the TV ad, or a trimmed version of it, so that its carrying through.  You basically have to cobble together smaller impression pieces to get what you used to get from a live TV ad.

Its crazy, I left that industry in 2013 and the Nielsens and other data providers were just starting to mainstream the id of T+3 viewer ratings for people that would record and watch TV shows within a few days after original airing.  And even then, sports was mostly untouched and a safe haven for live viewing unlike network TV.   And now within a decade, its completely shifted and even the T+3 "TIVO allowance" metrics we used to use are archaic and live sports has similar issues.