collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 123279 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #925 on: August 02, 2022, 02:28:57 PM »
From the rumors it looks like the ask was Walker, Carlson, and Gorman? I don't know much about Walker, and Gorman might be good though he reminds me of Dan Uggla.  I would bet money Carlson will always be a fringy third outfielder type. [edited because i called him a third-and-a-half OFer, and upon further review I think he's just more of a low end starter]

Carlson is pretty good, former Texas League Player of the year. He is excelling in CF. He also happens to be the only healthy Cards OF. The Nats liked him a lot. Walker is very good, and advanced for his age. Cards have him for 6 years of control. (He’s the player the Cards wanted to keep the most.)

Would have been helpful to have had healthier Bader, O'Neill to add in possible trades. The other name of higher interest to teams is Masyn Winn, a SS.

Now with the Giants possibly being sellers, Cards are targeting Rodon. (possible package with Pederson) as well as Eovaldi in Boston.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 02:54:04 PM by shoothoops »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #926 on: August 02, 2022, 02:54:19 PM »
Most fans don’t know this, but the White Sox had verbally agreed to a deal with Juan Soto when he was an international free agent in 2015. The Nationals were scouting Soto, heard about the Sox offer, and offered $100k more, and Soto ended up with Washington.

The other player the Sox signed that same international signing period? Tatis Jr.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #927 on: August 02, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »
Anyone hear if LaRussa has awakened from his nap in the dugout last night?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #928 on: August 02, 2022, 03:11:27 PM »
Most fans don’t know this, but the White Sox had verbally agreed to a deal with Juan Soto when he was an international free agent in 2015. The Nationals were scouting Soto, heard about the Sox offer, and offered $100k more, and Soto ended up with Washington.

The other player the Sox signed that same international signing period? Tatis Jr.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #929 on: August 02, 2022, 03:30:35 PM »

We turned Juan Soto and Fernando Tatis Jr. into an over the hill James Shields - Kenny Williams is some magician, a’ina?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #930 on: August 02, 2022, 05:12:20 PM »
Carlson is pretty good, former Texas League Player of the year. He is excelling in CF. He also happens to be the only healthy Cards OF. The Nats liked him a lot. Walker is very good, and advanced for his age. Cards have him for 6 years of control. (He’s the player the Cards wanted to keep the most.)

Would have been helpful to have had healthier Bader, O'Neill to add in possible trades. The other name of higher interest to teams is Masyn Winn, a SS.

Now with the Giants possibly being sellers, Cards are targeting Rodon. (possible package with Pederson) as well as Eovaldi in Boston.

It’s Montgomery, for Bader.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #932 on: August 03, 2022, 04:02:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1554909358949031942

RHP Dinelson Lamet and C Pedro Severino designated for assignment.

RHP Peter Strzelecki optioned to Triple-A Nashville.

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1554909154489368577?cxt=HHwWgoC8tejokpQrAAAA

RHP Freddy Peralta reinstated from the 60-day injured list.

RHP Matt Bush added to the active roster.

INF Keston Hiura recalled from Triple-A Nashville.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #933 on: August 03, 2022, 04:53:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1554909358949031942

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1554909154489368577?cxt=HHwWgoC8tejokpQrAAAA

The replies freaking out about the Lamet DFA are hilarious.  The guy has given up 16 hits and 13 earned in 12 IP so far this year.  Might as well freak out about Trevor Rosenthal not being on the active roster.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #934 on: August 03, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »
The replies freaking out about the Lamet DFA are hilarious.  The guy has given up 16 hits and 13 earned in 12 IP so far this year.  Might as well freak out about Trevor Rosenthal not being on the active roster.

Brewers fans embarrass me almost as much as Packers fans

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #935 on: August 03, 2022, 10:08:24 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #936 on: August 03, 2022, 10:10:44 PM »
Good start.

I’ve bet on the brewers twice this year. Once was when Hader lost his 40 game scoreless streak. The second was live tonight after they went down 5-4. If there are any relievers you want me to jinx, just shoot me a message.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #937 on: August 04, 2022, 02:32:28 PM »
JBJ cut by the Red Sox today so that trade was a W for the crew.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #938 on: August 04, 2022, 03:04:15 PM »
Not a great couple days for the revamped bullpen.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #939 on: August 04, 2022, 03:27:49 PM »
Brewers were walking a fine line already. Now that the pen is in disarray, it's wide open for the Cards. They don't have the hitting to overcome a now non-dominant bullpen. There will be no wild card either.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #940 on: August 04, 2022, 04:48:17 PM »
I am not saying this is the right way to look at it, but unless someone goes on a run, there are seven teams chasing six spots. I think their entire organizational goal is to get into the playoffs and hope to get hot there. I think they thought this was a good risk to take - I am not sure it was but time will tell.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #941 on: August 04, 2022, 04:57:00 PM »
I am not saying this is the right way to look at it, but unless someone goes on a run, there are seven teams chasing six spots. I think their entire organizational goal is to get into the playoffs and hope to get hot there. I think they thought this was a good risk to take - I am not sure it was but time will tell.

I understand the move. I actually agree with it. But they clearly underestimated the impact it would have on the clubhouse.

They'll figure it out.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #942 on: August 04, 2022, 05:49:23 PM »
Are the Brewers the Dodgers, Giants, Mets or Yankees?  They're not, so getting value from a guy that was going to be too expensive at the end of this year is a great move.

Does it hurt now?  Sure, but there are five games of numbers to work with.  Let's let the dust settle before the season is considered a failure. 

And even if they make the playoffs... They don't have the team to advance.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #943 on: August 04, 2022, 06:03:38 PM »

I totally understand why they made the move. Small market teams HAVE to do this sort of thing. It will probably be  benefit down the road as they only would have had him for 1 more year anyway, but they are a much weaker team than they were on Sunday.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #944 on: August 04, 2022, 06:20:21 PM »
A T206 Honus Wagner card just sold for 7.25 mill.  Congrats to Scooper that snagged it. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #945 on: August 04, 2022, 11:04:22 PM »
I totally understand why they made the move. Small market teams HAVE to do this sort of thing. It will probably be  benefit down the road as they only would have had him for 1 more year anyway, but they are a much weaker team than they were on Sunday.

SmAlL mArKeT!!

God, does anyone ever stop with this argument

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #946 on: August 04, 2022, 11:49:35 PM »
The AL Central is a complete joke. Unbelievable.

Baldelli just going to continue putting Pagan out there in games that are close or tied.

YOU CAN STILL BLOW GAMES IN THE 6th YOU IDIOT. Doesnt matter if hes not the closer any more. Stop pitching him with a 1 run lead, its that simple.

Twins went 23-8 for a month stretch in April to late May.

They are 32-42 otherwise. Can Baldelli, DFA Pagan.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

• All American
« Reply #947 on: August 05, 2022, 04:54:14 AM »
SmAlL mArKeT!!

God, does anyone ever stop with this argument

I mean despite recent success, they are still considered one of the least valuable franchises in baseball with one of the lowest local revenue deals. Could they afford more?  No doubt. But they don’t want rebuilds.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #948 on: August 05, 2022, 06:25:11 AM »
I mean despite recent success, they are still considered one of the least valuable franchises in baseball with one of the lowest local revenue deals. Could they afford more?  No doubt. But they don’t want rebuilds.

Brewers whiny portion of the fanbase has become insufferable and embarrassing.  Before the ASB, they were already predicting doom and gloom and calling for the team to sell, especially Hader.  I hope they completely collapse and they decide to start from scratch like the Pirates.  Sell Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta the whole kitchen sink and run a triple-A team out there and scatter in some vets like Ben Gamel.  A good chunk of this fanbase deserves that. 

I though a lot of Marquette fans were only happy when they were mad.  Brewers fans are lapping them.  Must be a Milwaukee adjacent thing

• All American
« Reply #949 on: August 05, 2022, 07:41:39 AM »
Brewers whiny portion of the fanbase has become insufferable and embarrassing.  Before the ASB, they were already predicting doom and gloom and calling for the team to sell, especially Hader.  I hope they completely collapse and they decide to start from scratch like the Pirates.  Sell Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta the whole kitchen sink and run a triple-A team out there and scatter in some vets like Ben Gamel.  A good chunk of this fanbase deserves that. 

I though a lot of Marquette fans were only happy when they were mad.  Brewers fans are lapping them.  Must be a Milwaukee adjacent thing

Yep. Last year they won 95 games, had the second seed in the NL, and lost to a hot Braves team that went on to win the World Series. I understand the playoffs have expanded, but they have made them just as much in the last four years as the rest of the franchise's seasons combined. And have lost to the eventual WS champion in the last three years.