[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 122741 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #775 on: July 08, 2022, 01:42:36 PM »
This should make 1 scoopers day and surprise, its because of a written rule!

"I am delighted that Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera have agreed to participate in the All-Star Game," Manfred said in a statement. "Albert and Miguel are two of the most accomplished players of their generation. They have also represented the baseball traditions of the Dominican Republic and Venezuela with excellence for the last two decades. Albert and Miguel are two all-time greats whose achievements warrant this special recognition."

Manfred is allowed to honor both players with All-Star selections because of a new clause in the Collective Bargaining Agreement which gives the commissioner the ability to add one player to each of the rosters of the American League and the National League "in recognition of each players' career achievements," per the Athletic.

Pujols can warn of the dangers of PED abuse destroying your body and warn players that’s the Cardinals Way
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #776 on: July 08, 2022, 01:45:34 PM »
That is cool.   Probably a curtain call for Pujols.   Miggie might have been the Tigers representative anyway.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #777 on: July 08, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »
I like that idea. I think the all star game should be more about excellence over the course of a few seasons rather than just getting a hot start at the beginning of the year anyway.

Probably won't watch it anyway.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2022, 02:48:59 PM »
That is cool.   Probably a curtain call for Pujols.   Miggie might have been the Tigers representative anyway.

Gotta give it to Skubal for being an absolute cornerstone of that rotation

tower912

• All American
« Reply #779 on: July 08, 2022, 03:09:00 PM »
14 different starting pitchers at the halfway mark.   And somehow the hitting is the issue.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #780 on: July 08, 2022, 05:43:42 PM »
14 different starting pitchers at the halfway mark.   And somehow the hitting is the issue.

It's a little better since they brought up Greene.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #781 on: July 08, 2022, 06:35:59 PM »
That coincided with Baez starting to hit the ball.    Detroit was on a pace to finish with fewer than 500 runs scored for the season.  A little better lately.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #782 on: July 08, 2022, 08:36:18 PM »
https://twitter.com/BallySportsNOR/status/1545580063554428929

Gotta play him in the OF

His all or nothing at the plate approach is much better when he also plays D

Holy Hell
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #783 on: July 08, 2022, 10:37:32 PM »
Baltimore Orioles have a better record than the White Sox.

It’s about to be July 9th.

This team is sooooo done. This is the least likable Sox team I can remember. Video here is telling as to how little life these guys have.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1545555211414028290?s=21&t=sCmdkhPzJ0-sz7DafMtlNQ

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #784 on: July 08, 2022, 11:45:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/BallySportsNOR/status/1545580063554428929

Gotta play him in the OF

His all or nothing at the plate approach is much better when he also plays D

Holy Hell

But he is still Dave Kingman at the plate - when he plays.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #785 on: July 08, 2022, 11:52:08 PM »
But he is still Dave Kingman at the plate - when he plays.

Hence, why I said the D adds value.

But the analogy still wrong.

Anytime Kingmans average was around Buxtons now. He slugging % was no where near .550

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #786 on: July 09, 2022, 11:30:39 AM »
Hence, why I said the D adds value.

But the analogy still wrong.

Anytime Kingmans average was around Buxtons now. He slugging % was no where near .550

But Kingman actually has a higher slugging % for his career.

I’d take a young Kingman over a young Buxton eight days a week.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 11:33:18 AM by Jockey »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #787 on: July 09, 2022, 11:58:09 AM »
But Kingman actually has a higher slugging % for his career.

I’d take a young Kingman over a young Buxton eight days a week.

Well yeah, Buxton sucked something awful when he first came up. Also the "career" slugging is already close.

Buxton has been very consisent in developing his power for 4 years now. Health has been the hinderance.

But now for some reason hes also decided to just sacrifice any sort of approach this year for the crazy power as well.

His slugging numbers wont dip through is prime. I just also at this point dont think he ever takes the time to being a complete hitter either.

Most of it is on the Twins as well. Its clearly a direction this year they want him going in. Yet its a complete oxymoron to bat the guy 2nd every game then. He should just be a middle of the order slugger if we are not even gonna attempt to utilize the speed.

A better organization and I think Buxton is closer to a .280 hitter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2022, 12:02:32 PM »
Well yeah, Buxton sucked something awful when he first came up. Also the "career" slugging is already close.

Buxton has been very consisent in developing his power for 4 years now. Health has been the hinderance.

But now for some reason hes also decided to just sacrifice any sort of approach this year for the crazy power as well.

His slugging numbers wont dip through is prime. I just also at this point dont think he ever takes the time to being a complete hitter either.

Most of it is on the Twins as well. Its clearly a direction this year they want him going in. Yet its a complete oxymoron to bat the guy 2nd every game then. He should just be a middle of the order slugger if we are not even gonna attempt to utilize the speed.

A better organization and I think Buxton is closer to a .280 hitter

I agree. The only reason that I would choose Kingman, though is because he played every day and Buxton is just a cheerleader 50% of the time. I think he only has one year where he played over 95 games.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #789 on: July 09, 2022, 12:39:25 PM »
I agree. The only reason that I would choose Kingman, though is because he played every day and Buxton is just a cheerleader 50% of the time. I think he only has one year where he played over 95 games.

Hey, the strategy has him on pace for 100 this year!!!

Of course thats assuming he doesnt get actually injured through the end of the year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #790 on: July 09, 2022, 08:39:01 PM »
I like that idea. I think the all star game should be more about excellence over the course of a few seasons rather than just getting a hot start at the beginning of the year anyway.

Probably won't watch it anyway.

Excellence over a few seasons vs one half of a good season? I don’t have a problem with that.

Stumblebum who has been worse than a replacement player for years (Pujols)? No way. At least Cabrera can still hit, but a 1st baseman with 3 HRs in 257 AB doesn’t belong either. Both were great players for a long time but haven’t been for years.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #791 on: July 10, 2022, 07:06:57 AM »
Excellence over a few seasons vs one half of a good season? I don’t have a problem with that.

Stumblebum who has been worse than a replacement player for years (Pujols)? No way. At least Cabrera can still hit, but a 1st baseman with 3 HRs in 257 AB doesn’t belong either. Both were great players for a long time but haven’t been for years.

I’m surprised they chose Pujols over Molina. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #792 on: July 10, 2022, 11:19:53 AM »

TBH Pujols makes more sense than Cabrera.

This is Pujols last year. So yeah, awarding the legendary career and letting the fans see him go out.

We have no idea when Cabrera is hanging them up. There is a chance we have to do this for him for the next 5 years.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #793 on: July 10, 2022, 12:16:46 PM »
I’m surprised they chose Pujols over Molina.

The game wouldn't be fair if he NL had a ringer like Molina.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #794 on: July 10, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
Miggie is done after 23.   When his contract ends.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #795 on: July 10, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
Rough week for the brewers… 4-6 against the pirates and cubs is no bueno.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #796 on: July 10, 2022, 10:51:30 PM »
Rough week for the brewers… 4-6 against the pirates and cubs is no bueno.

This team drives me nuts. Counsell going to Suter and Chi Chi in a one run game, with an off day tomorrow, was terrible.

More than anything, it's the lack of ambition that pisses me off. This is the time to spend! The window won't be open forever with the pitching under team control. Everyone knew the offense is an issue and the answer was... Andrew McCutchen?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #797 on: July 11, 2022, 10:48:36 PM »
The game wouldn't be fair if he NL had a ringer like Molina.

Both should have been selected, even if Yadi is on the DL.

As to the quibble about PEDs being the Cardinal way, hell, we haven't had a PED case since Missouri named Interstate 70 north of St. Louis after Mark "Chemical Man" McGwire.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #798 on: July 12, 2022, 05:20:44 AM »
Both should have been selected, even if Yadi is on the DL.

As to the quibble about PEDs being the Cardinal way, hell, we haven't had a PED case since Missouri named Interstate 70 north of St. Louis after Mark "Chemical Man" McGwire.
You might want to google that.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #799 on: July 12, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »
This should make 1 scoopers day and surprise, its because of a written rule!

"I am delighted that Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera have agreed to participate in the All-Star Game," Manfred said in a statement. "Albert and Miguel are two of the most accomplished players of their generation. They have also represented the baseball traditions of the Dominican Republic and Venezuela with excellence for the last two decades. Albert and Miguel are two all-time greats whose achievements warrant this special recognition."

Manfred is allowed to honor both players with All-Star selections because of a new clause in the Collective Bargaining Agreement which gives the commissioner the ability to add one player to each of the rosters of the American League and the National League "in recognition of each players' career achievements," per the Athletic.

Its a good thing to do.  They did a similar thing in 1983 adding Carl Yastrzemski and Johnny Bench in their last year in the majors.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback