collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Waukesha Christmas Parade  (Read 22074 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Waukesha Christmas Parade
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2021, 09:11:53 PM »
I believe there are more than 15 that Children's is getting/has gotten.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2021, 09:20:26 PM »
Tragic incident. Hope no Scoopers had anyone directly affected.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2021, 09:41:08 PM »
Both my daughters were in the parade today with their dance team and marching bands respectively.  But fortunately they were earlier in the parade and had already finished up before this happened.  This is so awful - my thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

We were near the end of the parade route so we didn't see anything.  We just saw the parade end suddenly and were told to move to the library right away.  We knew something was very wrong but didn't know right away what.  My older daughter texted us from the bus her band was on to see if we were all ok. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2021, 09:45:25 PM »
Both my daughters were in the parade today with their dance team and marching bands respectively.  But fortunately they were earlier in the parade and had already finished up before this happened.  This is so awful - my thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families.

We were near the end of the parade route so we didn't see anything.  We just saw the parade end suddenly and were told to move to the library right away.  We knew something was very wrong but didn't know right away what.  My older daughter texted us from the bus her band was on to see if we were all ok.

Glad to hear your family is OK.

What a sickening situation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2021, 09:47:33 PM »
Sort of yes. They have the vehicle and one of the people of interest. The internet is saying there was more than one person in the vehicle.

I've seen lots of report that there we 3 people in the SUV.  That's 3 MFers that all thought that is was a good idea.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2021, 10:12:02 PM »
I've seen lots of report that there we 3 people in the SUV.  That's 3 MFers that all thought that is was a good idea.

Unbelievable. 

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2021, 10:13:14 PM »
Glad to hear your family is OK.

What a sickening situation.

Thanks - I feel very fortunate tonight but I'm so sick to my stomach about what happened. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2021, 10:17:18 PM »

Wow.  I'm glad your family is okay. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2021, 10:28:44 PM »
If the initial name on the scanner is true, the guy posted bond two days ago... On charges including bailjumping.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2021, 10:45:54 PM »
That one video of that very young girl, being carefree and enjoying life and the parade, and the SUV misses her by maybe a foot or two, is chilling.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2021, 07:22:47 AM »
That one video of that very young girl, being carefree and enjoying life and the parade, and the SUV misses her by maybe a foot or two, is chilling.

I thought the same thing when I watched that video and can't imagine how her family felt knowing how close she came to being hit and knowing what the guy in that car did too.  And I know a bunch of kids were in the street at that time trying to pick up candy also :(

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2021, 07:47:02 AM »
One of our closest family friends, and my co -worker for 40 years, grandson was in the band. He was struck and fortunately only suffered a few broken ribs. Was a long night for his family and thankfully he will be ok. Fxxked up world.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 07:50:01 AM by Goose »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2021, 07:48:54 AM »
One of our closest family friends, and my co -worker for 40 years, grandson was in the band. He was struck and fortunately only suffered a few broken ribs. Was a long night for his family and thankfully we will be ok. Fxxked up world.

That’s terrible.  Sorry to hear this, Goose. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2021, 07:53:47 AM »
Rico

There are good people out there and a lady in the crowd stayed with him until Waukesha Sheriff arrived to take him to the hospital in a squad car. More good people than bad people in the world.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2021, 07:57:11 AM »
One of our closest family friends, and my co -worker for 40 years, grandson was in the band. He was struck and fortunately only suffered a few broken ribs. Was a long night for his family and thankfully he will be ok. Fxxked up world.
That’s awful. Hope the little guys is ok.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2021, 07:58:23 AM »

So glad to hear that your friend's grandson will be ok.  I'm sure that was very traumatic for him and his family. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2021, 08:03:29 AM »

Goose, I hope your friend and his grandson are doing as well as possible after such a unspeakable and evil act.  It's gut wrenching just to hear these stories, let alone be directly impacted. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2021, 09:07:58 AM »
FWIW, NBC News is reporting the suspect/person of interest may have been fleeing from a knife fight. Just f*cking terrible.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2021, 09:25:58 AM »
FWIW, NBC News is reporting the suspect/person of interest may have been fleeing from a knife fight. Just f*cking terrible.
Didn't look like anyone was chasing him.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
Brothers BLM and Goose:

Prayers for your family and girlfriend. Our hope is both, along with everyone injured, makes a full recovery.

We're with you guys -- we really are a family here!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2021, 09:32:18 AM »
Brothers BLM and Goose:

Prayers for your family and girlfriend. Our hope is both, along with everyone injured, makes a full recovery.

We're a family, it's just that a few of you are the uncles that we warn the kids not to talk to.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »
Didn't look like anyone was chasing him.

And yet if his objective was to hurt people in the parade, he was behind everyone... he could easily have made this a lot lot worse. Whatever his goal "monstrous idiot fleeing crime scene" seems more likely than "targeted xmas parade for terror attack" at least based on what I know at this point.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2021, 09:56:49 AM »
I would think if you were fleeing a previous crime there would be better routes to take than mowing people down at a parade. It did not appear he was being chased and I'm not buying the fleeing theory.  I am happy to see the FBI taking an active role in this investigation.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
Brothers BLM and Goose:

I appreciate it.  It was a rough night for her.  She's been at the hospital since 6:00 AM yesterday and will be there into the afternoon today.  Thankful that (as far as we know) nobody we know was effected, but I don't think this was one of the better days on the job for her.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
A family friend had 2 kids injured.  Both are OK, but lucky.

feedback