collapse

* Recent Posts

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:20:49 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 18877 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2021, 10:09:06 PM »
Disagree.  The assumption is the journalist was following the van to determine the addresses/identities of jurors.  Attorneys on both sides, and the judge and jurors were targeted and subjected to unwarranted flak. We need to protect the sanctity of the jury process. It’s the cornerstone of our democracy. So some asshat following them home isn’t intimidation while they are deliberating?  I can’t even reply to a juror that says “hello” on the elevator while trying a case without being sanctioned if called on it. Wait until the case is over before any attempt to communicate with jurors.

Lol no.

A producer following a bus isn’t intimidation.  And has nothing to do what you can or cannot do on an elevator.

It was inappropriate and the network was sanctioned for it. But that’s about it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2021, 10:12:38 PM »
Lol no.

A producer following a bus isn’t intimidation.  And has nothing to do what you can or cannot do on an elevator.

It was inappropriate and the network was sanctioned for it. But that’s about it.

Then you really don’t get what it’s like to be a juror.  Especially in a case like this one. 
Ludum habemus.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2021, 10:13:24 PM »
Rocky, there are numerous examples of people creating a narrative in the media during and after the verdict.  There's no reason to go into it but that's completely different than talking about specific facts.
Whether it be the criminal records of those killed or Rittenhouse lying about specific details of his life.

Ok, but back to brining up the records of those shot, isn't that just the media using "facts" to spin a narrative?  The answer is yes, because those facts have nothing to do with the case. 

Back to my point of "the media is bad", also "The guys he shot were bad, I heard it from the media".  None of this is relevant to the case, and it's a big lol complaining about the media.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 10:15:33 PM by rocky_warrior »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2021, 10:23:22 PM »
Then you really don’t get what it’s like to be a juror.  Especially in a case like this one.

There was a reason they ran a red light chasing a bus with the jurors aboard and anyone with half an eye and half an ass knows what it was. Get names, addresses and intimidate. Once the verdict was in intimidation is off the table. Thankfully the judge got it. You and I get it. And while Fluffy claims he doesn’t I don’t for a minute believe that. He’s smarter than that - he’s just being stubborn.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2021, 10:24:22 PM »
Ok, but back to brining up the records of those shot, isn't that just the media using "facts" to spin a narrative?  The answer is yes, because those facts have nothing to do with the case. 

Back to my point of "the media is bad", also "The guys he shot were bad, I heard it from the media".  None of this is relevant to the case, and it's a big lol complaining about the media.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2021, 10:33:09 PM »

I agree that it's irrelevant to the shooting and probably irrelevant to the entire case.  That said I didn't watch the testimony at all.  If the lawyers on either side questioned witnesses, and certain character issues came up for those killed or Rittenhouse, they may have been done for a particular reason like to establish a motive or not.

I'm  making a distinction between these points and the endless nonsense I read or heard from both sides of the political spectrum.

• All American
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2021, 10:51:26 PM »

LOL ok.  I guess. 

Again, nothing about the jury has been published.  No names, no addresses...nothing. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »
There was a reason they ran a red light chasing a bus with the jurors aboard and anyone with half an eye and half an ass knows what it was. Get names, addresses and intimidate. Once the verdict was in intimidation is off the table. Thankfully the judge got it. You and I get it. And while Fluffy claims he doesn’t I don’t for a minute believe that. He’s smarter than that - he’s just being stubborn.

Yes, MSNBC was looking to intimidate jurors like they’re the Kenosha mob.

MSNBC was looking for doors to knock on next week for media rights and interviews. Happens on all national cases by all the news affiliates.

• All American
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2021, 10:55:20 PM »

And that's the crux of it.  I'm smart.  And you're...slow.

It's not intimidation.  It's inappropriate, but hardly illegal. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2021, 11:23:13 PM »

The real crux of it is I’m honest, so I admit you’re smart even if you’re a stubborn pain in the ass.

And you’re dishonest, because you know I’m smart also… smarter than you in any way smart can be measured.

It was an attempt to intimidate, thwarted only because the car following the jurors was stopped for running a red light in pursuit of the bus carrying the jurors to their homes. Look, you based your opinion on your false assumption that the jurors were headed to their hotel. How would following them to their hotel be intimidating? But your logic was based on fake news. When you follow them home and get names and addresses? That was the goal and that would be a clear attempt to intimidate. But if you can’t (or stubbornly refuse to) connect obvious dots I was wrong and you’re not smart at all.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2021, 05:09:32 AM »
The real crux of it is I’m honest, so I admit you’re smart even if you’re a stubborn pain in the ass.

And you’re dishonest, because you know I’m smart also… smarter than you in any way smart can be measured.

It was an attempt to intimidate, thwarted only because the car following the jurors was stopped for running a red light in pursuit of the bus carrying the jurors to their homes. Look, you based your opinion on your false assumption that the jurors were headed to their hotel. How would following them to their hotel be intimidating? But your logic was based on fake news. When you follow them home and get names and addresses? That was the goal and that would be a clear attempt to intimidate. But if you can’t (or stubbornly refuse to) connect obvious dots I was wrong and you’re not smart at all.

Kinda reminds me of someone…

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-called-smart-six-times-before/story?id=52209712

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2021, 05:35:01 AM »
Fox News didn't find the need to follow the bus. Pretty much sez it all, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2021, 05:42:26 AM »
The verdict is in.

The real question I have is: "What kind of life will Kyle Rittenhouse live?" 
18 years old.  Hopefully he makes better decisions in the future.

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »

FFS, figuring out the identity of jurors is not an attempt to intimidate.  It's over zealous and inappropriate reporting.

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2021, 07:07:35 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2021, 07:39:03 AM »

Oh, do tell us of your experience as an OJ juror.

Could someone in the "Paranoia, Inc." faction of Scoop explain why and how an MSNBC producer would intimidate jurors?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2021, 07:50:07 AM »
Fox News didn't find the need to follow the bus. Pretty much sez it all, aina?

They're too busy defending the violent cultists who were incited by the previous president to attempt a coup that ended up injuring 150 cops and resulting in 5 deaths. Hang Mike Pence, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2021, 07:52:09 AM »
Oh, do tell us of your experience as an OJ juror.

Could someone in the "Paranoia, Inc." faction of Scoop explain why and how an MSNBC producer would intimidate jurors?
Oh, maybe to get a guilty verdict. If the trial was going bad for Rittenhouse, I have no doubt Fox would have done something similar.

Kind of like when the president stated he was not following the facts of the case, but then issues a statement that says this "While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included,". Why would he feel angry at a verdict in a case in which he did not follow the facts?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2021, 07:57:25 AM »

Here's a nice article:

https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/the-public-s-right-of-access-to-juror-information-loses-more.html

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2021, 07:59:56 AM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2021, 08:04:29 AM »
Oh, maybe to get a guilty verdict. If the trial was going bad for Rittenhouse, I have no doubt Fox would have done something similar.

Kind of like when the president stated he was not following the facts of the case, but then issues a statement that says this "While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included,". Why would he feel angry at a verdict in a case in which he did not follow the facts?

So, you honestly believe an MSNBC producer was following van of jurors because it would persuade them to vote guilty?
Just how drunk are you, and isn't it a bit early for that?

As for the Biden stuff ... what's the relevance to the topic at hand?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 08:13:37 AM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2021, 08:06:06 AM »
Cheap shot. Expect better from you.

Lenny: Fluffy, you're a stubborn pain in the ass and I'm way smarter than you.
Also Lenny: How dare you insult me, Fluffy!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2021, 08:07:06 AM »

You're right about that part of Biden's statement. It was political pandering.

It was good, though, that he went on to ask people to “express their views peacefully, consistent with the rule of law.”

That part of his statement beats the heck out of telling violent extremists to "stand back and stand by."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2021, 08:08:45 AM »
Here's a nice article:

https://corporate.findlaw.com/law-library/the-public-s-right-of-access-to-juror-information-loses-more.html

This is a good article, but I am not sure about what point you are trying to make.  At no point does it state that media companies trying to obtain that information is tampering or intimidating.  But I can understand why the court wouldn't release it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2021, 08:11:16 AM »
Cheap shot. Expect better from you.

The phrase; smarter than you in any way smart can be measured is pretty funny, and I personally don’t know many folks who speak like that, but one kinda just jumped into my head 🤷🏼‍♂️

feedback