collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 18887 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2021, 08:13:02 AM »

This is a good article, but I am not sure about what point you are trying to make.  At no point does it state that media companies trying to obtain that information is tampering or intimidating.  But I can understand why the court wouldn't release it.
Not trying to make a point, just giving some background

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2021, 08:14:32 AM »
So, you honestly believe an MSNBC producer was following van of jurors because it would persuade them to vote guilty?

No, you asked for the paranoid section to answer

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2021, 08:19:09 AM »
Not trying to make a point, just giving some background

Gotcha.  Thank you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2021, 08:21:48 AM »
It will be interesting to see what the verdict ends up being for the jamokes who killed Ahmaud Arbery.

Arbery, a Black man, was unarmed. The armed killers, both white, chased him down. When Arbery tried to defend himself by grabbing for the gun -- the gun they were threatening to kill him with -- one of them shot him.

They are, of course, claiming self-defense.

"Sure, we chased him down, taking the law into our own hands instead of contacting the authorities. Sure, he was unarmed. Sure, we threatened his life. But he had some nerve actually wanting to live, so we gunned him down like an animal. Ipso fatso, self-defense!"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:35:05 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2021, 08:25:14 AM »
The phrase; smarter than you in any way smart can be measured is pretty funny, and I personally don’t know many folks who speak like that, but one kinda just jumped into my head 🤷🏼‍♂️

Context.

It was a reply to a guy who (when acknowledged/complimented on being smart eagerly agreed that he was. And then called me “slow”. He’s the one who made the comparison, I just pointed out how ridiculous it was.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2021, 08:34:38 AM »
Context.

It was a reply to a guy who (when acknowledged/complimented on being smart eagerly agreed that he was. And then called me “slow”. He’s the one who made the comparison, I just pointed out how ridiculous it was.

The old, WELL HE STARTED IT.  I only acknowledged the language YOU chose to write and made a joke Lenny.  I stand by my comparison because what you wrote was undeniably hilarious.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »
Fox News didn't find the need to follow the bus. Pretty much sez it all, aina?

Fox News had Tucker and an entire film crew embedded with Rittenhouse filming all aspects of the trial process. They are using these films/stories to market their streaming service.

So, yes, they were actively trying to profit as much as possible off of covering this trial. So why did they push this story so much, why did they make Rittenhouse look to be a hero, while ignoring every negative aspect of his story?

Why didn't they run similar stories regarding the Matthew Dolloff case (security guard who was hired to defend a tv crew, who ended up shooting and killing a far-right protestor after being maced; he was arrested and is under trial)?

Because they wanted to politicize this as much as possible, divide as much as possible, and profit from this story as much as possible.

If you think Fox News good; MSNBC bad, or vice versa, you aren't paying attention to what is going on.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Fox News had Tucker and an entire film crew embedded with Rittenhouse filming all aspects of the trial process. They are using these films/stories to market their streaming service.

So, yes, they were actively trying to profit as much as possible off of covering this trial. So why did they push this story so much, why did they make Rittenhouse look to be a hero, while ignoring every negative aspect of his story?

Why didn't they run similar stories regarding the Matthew Dolloff case (security guard who was hired to defend a tv crew, who ended up shooting and killing a far-right protestor after being maced; he was arrested and is under trial)?

Because they wanted to politicize this as much as possible, divide as much as possible, and profit from this story as much as possible.

If you think Fox News good; MSNBC bad, or vice versa, you aren't paying attention to what is going on.

I don't watch much news but read articles from realclearpoltics.  I think you make a good point here and it's essential for the public to understand that we are dealing with propagandists in media, not journalists.  If I read an article from both left leaning journalists and right learning journalists that also doesn't solve the problem.  In other words both could be entirely wrong about the facts and the writers are often creating a narrative for more readers. 

So as I stated before this is a big, big, problem.  We really don't have journalists anymore and this is leading to further Balkanization of our country.  They need to be held responsible for this garbage on both sides.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2021, 10:40:28 AM »
Context.

But it isn't.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2021, 10:43:50 AM »
I don't watch much news but read articles from realclearpoltics.  I think you make a good point here and it's essential for the public to understand that we are dealing with propagandists in media, not journalists.  If I read an article from both left leaning journalists and right learning journalists that also doesn't solve the problem.  In other words both could be entirely wrong about the facts and the writers are often creating a narrative for more readers. 

So as I stated before this is a big, big, problem.  We really don't have journalists anymore and this is leading to further Balkanization of our country.  They need to be held responsible for this garbage on both sides.

Blaming everything wrong with this country on the media isn't the solution.  Having a population that determine the difference between reality and fiction is far more important than trying to police what is and what isn't true.  An educated populace eliminates the need for narrative news.

We have tons of good journalists if you're willing to look for them.  The trouble is that a large portion of our population (and a large portion of scoop) is too lazy to do the work and is more interested in being spoon fed the gruel that sustains their outrage du jour.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »

Yeah, and more folks have died of covid in 2021 than in all of 2020, without the vaccine. Thought FD Joe wuz gonna protect all of us, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2021, 10:48:37 AM »
Blaming everything wrong with this country on the media isn't the solution.  Having a population that determine the difference between reality and fiction is far more important than trying to police what is and what isn't true.  An educated populace eliminates the need for narrative news.

We have tons of good journalists if you're willing to look for them.  The trouble is that a large portion of our population (and a large portion of scoop) is too lazy to do the work and is more interested in being spoon fed the gruel that sustains their outrage du jour.

I agree with this. There is a ton of good journalism out there for people looking to find it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2021, 10:59:38 AM »

Yeah, and more folks have died of covid in 2021 than in all of 2020, without the vaccine. Thought FD Joe wuz gonna protect all of us, aina?

When was the last time you added anything constructive to a conversation here?  I get it, you're provocative.

Nothing like a septuagenarian edgelord.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2021, 11:26:27 AM »

I'm not blaming everything wrong with this country on the media but when for example certain news sources and social media networks ban information that's an additional component of a serious problem.  It's better here than most countries but we absolutely have issues and it has a direct impact fostering division. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 11:30:31 AM by MuggsyB »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »
There are no conversations here. Its all a shout down and schmeckel measuring game, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2021, 11:53:56 AM »

When was the last time you added anything constructive to a conversation here?  I get it, you're provocative.

Nothing like a septuagenarian edgelord.

He’s not terribly provocative either. Just recycled talking points.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »
I'm not blaming everything wrong with this country on the media but when for example certain news sources and social media networks ban information that's an additional component of a serious problem.  It's better here than most countries but we absolutely have issues and it has a direct impact fostering division.

No.  The problem can't be solved overnight, so removing harmful objective 'news sources' from social media is required.  It isn't a banishment of information.  It is a banishment of serious DISINFORMATION.

There are too many stupid people who told their children to 'not trust everything you read on the internet' who literally do that.  All day.   Every day.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »
BH, you can do better than this, kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2021, 02:13:11 PM »
BH, you can do better than this, kin, hey?

Challenge accepted.  Generally, the people dieing from covid19 at this point are unvaccinated people.

I wonder why these 'free thinkers' won't get vaccinated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2021, 03:52:16 PM »
Challenge accepted.  Generally, the people dieing from covid19 at this point are unvaccinated people.

Yep.

https://apnews.com/article/counties-worst-virus-surges-voted-trump-d671a483534024b5486715da6edb6ebf

Counties that voted for Trump -- counties filled with people who spent months singing his praises for inventing the vaccine -- are now filled with "freedom fighters" who refuse their hero's vaccine, thereby undermining the national effort to all but eliminate COVID-19 as a killer. Additionally, we have Trump-wannabe GOP governors and state legislators who are aggressively undermining efforts to keep their own constituents healthy.

For most of a year, these folks loved to say it was "only the flu." Well, now it actually would be only like the flu, or possibly even milder, except the Trump-loving freedom fighters keep rejecting proven, life-saving vaccines -- and they largely do it for selfish, ignorant and/or political reasons.

Unlike the Trump administration, which for months pretended the coronavirus didn't exist while it was killing hundreds of thousands of Americans -- a stance that cost Trump his job -- the Biden administration has endlessly promoted a vaccine that would usher in post-pandemic life. The administration has made sure supplies are plentiful, has given medical personnel everything they need to distribute it, and has made all 3 vaccines free to anybody willing to get a shot. When that only got so far, Biden tried to mandate it for the good of the country.

But, you know ... Freedom!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2021, 05:04:34 PM »

I blame the media.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »
Tamir Rice. 12 year old with a toy gun. Shot dead within seconds of police seeing him.

Kyle Rittenhouse. 17 year old from IL “protecting businesses” in WI. Shows up to civil unrest and shoots 3 people with an assault rifle. Is given water bottles when police see him.
Darrell Brooks. Mows down a Christmas parade with his SUV killing 5 and injuring 40. Taken into custody alive.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2021, 09:34:42 AM »
Darrell Brooks. Mows down a Christmas parade with his SUV killing 5 and injuring 40. Taken into custody alive.

He said that he felt threatened by the rioters in the "parade" so the Waukesha police asked him to go home.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2021, 09:46:28 AM »
He said that he felt threatened by the rioters in the "parade" so the Waukesha police asked him to go home.
I sincerely hope you are better than this

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2021, 10:02:52 AM »
I sincerely hope you are better than this

My bad. I thought that this was the, "defend people that murdered a bunch of people," thread and I was trying to stay on topic.

feedback