[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 3  (Read 18365 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 3
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2021, 06:51:48 AM »

He simply expressed an opinion.  More anecdotal stories is just more anecdotal stories.  If you are making the case that race doesn't matter when it comes to self defense, you are going to need more than a simple Twitter search.

And anyone who uses the phrase "virtue signaling" shouldn't be taken seriously.

I’ll listen to counteraeguments.  But I agree about virtue signaling being thrown around.  It’s a non-serious defense mechanism
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
Its unfortunate leadership didn't send in the Guard after the first night of people being knocked out, their buildings burnt down and destroyed along with various other assaults.  If someone had thought to do that, none of this would have happened.

Instead police and the Guard were told to stand down.  Let them have space...
The Guard shut this down in an hour when called upon.

Not sure where this narrative comes from.  Police were told not to disperse the by and large peaceful protests that were happening the day after the Blake shooting.  (I mean, it's a Constitutional right to assemble right?)  But the National Guard was deployed the morning after the first protests, and were out along with the Police and Sheriff's Department when the violence started the second night.  And I think it is pretty well known that the protesters during the day were not the ones burning and looting at night.

A lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2021, 07:05:59 AM »

Not sure where this narrative comes from.  Police were told not to disperse the by and large peaceful protests that were happening the day after the Blake shooting.  (I mean, it's a Constitutional right to assemble right?)  But the National Guard was deployed the morning after the first protests, and were out along with the Police and Sheriff's Department when the violence started the second night.  And I think it is pretty well known that the protesters during the day were not the ones burning and looting at night.

A lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here.

Its not a narrative Kenosha burned on the first night.    Look it up for yourself.  It wasnt peaceful.  Should have been shut down on the spot after it was clear that first night it wasnt peaceful.  Finally the Guard was allowed to act after the Rittenhouse events.  Not sure where you get this from.  Maybe from the the same media that was portraying that Rittenhosue had shot black people and carried a gun across state lines. Evers finally allowed the guard to act after the 3rd night. Deploying them and allowing them to act are 2 very different things.  They were deployed all week this week as well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:11:56 AM by thomaskyle »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2021, 07:14:10 AM »
Its not a narrative Kenosha burned on the first night.    Look it up for yourself.  It wasnt peaceful.  Should have been shut down on the spot after it was clear that first night it wasnt peaceful.  Finally the Guard was allowed to act after the Rittenhouse events.  Not sure where you get this from its all been reported everywhere. Evers finally allowed the guard to act after the 3rd night. Deploying them and allowing them to act are 2 very different things.  They were deployed all week this week as well.

I know there was violence the first night.  That is why the national guard was deployed.  The false narrative is that no one told the Police to "stand down."  No one told the National Guard to "stand down."  These statements make it sound like the Police, Guard and Fire just stood back and let violence occur.  That did not happen.

As for breaking up a peaceful protest the next day...sorry....but peacefully assembling is a Constitutional right.  And it was by and large peaceful during the day with the rioting occurring at night.  So no, they should not have been breaking anything up the morning after the first night.

Oh and I see you now edited your comment to blame "the media."  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  Another person to not take seriously here....
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:16:13 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2021, 07:19:14 AM »
This thread did not disappoint.

ND sucks.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2021, 07:23:16 AM »
Congresspeople and governors advocating for future violence:

Following a not-guilty verdict in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse on Friday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn offered the 18-year-old an internship and told people on Instagram to “be armed, be dangerous and be moral.”

Other politicians have thrown their support toward Rittenhouse as well.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told his supporters in a fundraising email that Rittenhouse “did what we should want citizens to do in such a situation: step forward to defend the community against mob violence,” according to the news website Florida Politics.

Rep. Matt Gaetz told Newsmax that Rittenhouse deserved a not-guilty verdict and also said he would consider giving him an internship.

Good to know that if antifa showed up on Jan. 6 and just started shooting to protect democracy from "mob violence," and their attorneys were able to provide some definition of "self defense," these douchenozzles would have happily applauded them for being "armed, dangerous and moral."

And apparently, getting Floridians killed by COVID-19 isn't enough for DeSantis. He wants to get them gunned down by vigilantes, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2021, 07:24:48 AM »

I know there was violence the first night.  That is why the national guard was deployed.  The false narrative is that no one told the Police to "stand down."  No one told the National Guard to "stand down."  These statements make it sound like the Police, Guard and Fire just stood back and let violence occur.  That did not happen.

As for breaking up a peaceful protest the next day...sorry....but peacefully assembling is a Constitutional right.  And it was by and large peaceful during the day with the rioting occurring at night.  So no, they should not have been breaking anything up the morning after the first night.

Oh and I see you now edited your comment to blame "the media."  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  Another person to not take seriously here....
U know there is violence but it’s peaceful
Lolololol
U make no sense at all

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2021, 07:28:25 AM »
U know there is violence but it’s peaceful
Lolololol
U make no sense at all

Oh look.  Someone can't have a serious discussion.  Shocking.

thomaskyle

• Walk-On
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2021, 07:36:32 AM »

Oh look.  Someone can't have a serious discussion.  Shocking.
They didnt peacefully assemble is the point.  Not even for one night.   The guard didnt do anything till a full 2 nights later.

Id submit you are the one who cant have a serious discussion
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO :-)
I guess we disagree on what a peaceful protest is considered and how you go about having one.
Know what I mean?  Have a good day.  Let's go Warriors!

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2021, 07:40:59 AM »
They didnt peacefully assemble is the point.  Not even for one night.   The guard didnt do anything till a full 2 nights later.

Id submit you are the one who cant have a serious discussion
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO :-)
I guess we disagree on what a peaceful protest is considered and how you go about having one.
Know what I mean?  Have a good day.  Let's go Warriors!

So I guess you have reading comprehension problems too.  The protests during the day were by and large peaceful, which is what I said above...twice.  You seem to be suggesting that those protests should have been broken up.

The night of Day 2 is when it got out of hand, but no one was told to "stand down" as you initially asserted.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2021, 08:40:45 AM »
Something something the usual suspects.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2021, 08:51:42 AM »
Something something the usual suspects.

Notice you don’t call out the inaccuracies but whatever…

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2021, 09:32:02 AM »

So I guess you have reading comprehension problems too.  The protests during the day were by and large peaceful, which is what I said above...twice.  You seem to be suggesting that those protests should have been broken up.

The night of Day 2 is when it got out of hand, but no one was told to "stand down" as you initially asserted.
Speaking of reading comprehension, where in Thomaskyle's comments does he state that any protests during the day should have been shut down? 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2021, 10:11:11 AM »
It seems to me that much of this discussion has nothing to do with the facts of this case but instead a broader narrative.  Based on our laws and standards the question is as a reasonable person do you have reasonable doubt that Rittenhouse committed 1st degree homicide?  Do you believe it's conceivable he acted in self-defense?  That's the standard, nothing else matters.  Now, if you want to discuss changing the system because you  don't like it or there's a better system?  Go for it.  But to besmirch ths jury because they followed the laws of our country is absurd.  These people in the media pissing and moaning about the verdict are simply refusing to talk about the facts of this case and are just as complicit in dividing our country as those suggesting Rittenhouse is a hero. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 10:13:40 AM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2021, 10:13:43 AM »
It seems to me that much of this discussion had nothing to do with the facts of this case but instead a broader narrative.  Based on our laws and standards the question is as a reasonable person do you have reasonable doubt that Rittenhouse committed 1st degree homicide?  Do you believe it's conceivable he acted in self-defense?  That's the standard, nothing else matters.  Now, if you want to discuss changing the system because you  don't like it or there's a better system?  Go for it.  But to besmirch ths jury because they followed the laws of our country is absurd.  These people in the media pissing and moaning about the verdict are simply refusing to talk about the facts of this case and are just as complici in dividing our country as those suggesting Rittenhouse is a hero.

Have people in this thread been besmirching the jury?  I’ve seen criticisms of many facets of this whole episode but not any criticisms of the jury from these 5 pages. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »
Speaking of reading comprehension, where in Thomaskyle's comments does he state that any protests during the day should have been shut down? 

He has it should be shut down period. No time offered.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »
Have people in this thread been besmirching the jury?  I’ve seen criticisms of many facets of this whole episode but not any criticisms of the jury from these 5 pages.

There have been all sorts of narratives promulgated that have literally nothing to do with the case.  The media has been pissing and moaning.  I shouldn't have lumped the people in this thread to them.  My apologies.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2021, 10:38:44 AM »
There have been all sorts of narratives promulgated that have literally nothing to do with the case.  The media has been pissing and moaning.  I shouldn't have lumped the people in this thread to them.  My apologies.

Well, I believe the jury did their job and reached the correct verdict.  As far as the media is concerned, criticism of them is fair game when it comes to this case.  I’m not sure how that isn’t true. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »
He has it should be shut down period. No time offered.
Actually, all of his comments are about night.  The only time he uses the word “day” is when he says “Have a good day.”  But you’re Sultan, so there’s that.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2021, 11:01:50 AM »
Well, I believe the jury did their job and reached the correct verdict.  As far as the media is concerned, criticism of them is fair game when it comes to this case.  I’m not sure how that isn’t true.

It's fair game and a enormous problem.  They are basically propagandists on both political sides.  We should be able to talk about the facts of the case as reasonable human beings.  When people like NBA coaches or players drivel "I'm not surprised" or "we need to do better".  Or a FoxNews host bloviates about this guy being a hero it is tremendously damaging to our country.  I am dumbfounded at the interest in this case franky and the ludicrous narratives being espoused that totally disregard the facts.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2021, 11:24:08 AM »

Following a not-guilty verdict in the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse on Friday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn offered the 18-year-old an internship and told people on Instagram to “be armed, be dangerous and be moral.”

Apparently, the Republican Unemployment Office was out of women beaters & rapists. ::)

Uneducated: check
Willing to kill strangers: check
Sociopath: check

You can start on Monday, young man.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2021, 11:31:54 AM »
I also believe this never gets to trial if Rittenhouse is a minority because he’s dead before we can get that far.  I don’t think that’s wild speculation at all.
Actually, that is the definition of wild speculation. Far more people of color involved in gun related activities survive encounters with police than do not survive. Throw in the reason why there were riots that night, if you think the Kenosha Police were going to shoot ANYONE (unless they saw a a violent crime taking place), then you already have your mind made up. Also, statements like yours and MU82's are they exact reason others bring in anecdotal evidence.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
Actually, all of his comments are about night.  The only time he uses the word “day” is when he says “Have a good day.”  But you’re Sultan, so there’s that.

I mean he never disputed what I said. But I guess you know better because??? 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
It's fair game and a enormous problem.  They are basically propagandists on both political sides.  We should be able to talk about the facts of the case as reasonable human beings.  When people like NBA coaches or players drivel "I'm not surprised" or "we need to do better".  Or a FoxNews host bloviates about this guy being a hero it is tremendously damaging to our country.  I am dumbfounded at the interest in this case franky and the ludicrous narratives being espoused that totally disregard the facts.

Independent journalists provided all of the critical facts and evidence in this case. Without them, corrupt corporate media would have put Rittenhouse behind bars for the rest of his life.

Corporate media and politicians only provided dangerous lies and made up narratives. MSNBC was caught red handed jury tampering.

So, yes it is an enormous problem. It’s encouraging to see that Nicholas Sandmann, the individual who successfully won (hundreds of?) millions in lawsuits from the lies made up by the media, is planning to work with Rittenhouse to accomplish the same.

Source:
https://twitter.com/n1cksandmann/status/1461967317592649728?s=21

I’m really hoping to see some major accountability and some people, such as the MSNBC manager who authorized the jury intimidation, to face very serious consequences.

I also want to see the prosecutors testify under oath about that one video and lose their careers and face consequences should they be found guilty.

There’s a lot of justice that still needs to take place.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 11:51:03 AM by CountryRoads »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2021, 12:13:23 PM »
Independent journalists provided all of the critical facts and evidence in this case. Without them, corrupt corporate media would have put Rittenhouse behind bars for the rest of his life.

Corporate media and politicians only provided dangerous lies and made up narratives. MSNBC was caught red handed jury tampering.

So, yes it is an enormous problem. It’s encouraging to see that Nicholas Sandmann, the individual who successfully won (hundreds of?) millions in lawsuits from the lies made up by the media, is planning to work with Rittenhouse to accomplish the same.

Source:
https://twitter.com/n1cksandmann/status/1461967317592649728?s=21

I’m really hoping to see some major accountability and some people, such as the MSNBC manager who authorized the jury intimidation, to face very serious consequences.

I also want to see the prosecutors testify under oath about that one video and lose their careers and face consequences should they be found guilty.

There’s a lot of justice that still needs to take place.

I suppose there could be defamation lawsuits.