[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 18, 2024, 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fiserv Forum Envy  (Read 3442 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Fiserv Forum Envy
« on: November 16, 2021, 11:43:44 AM »
I was on the balcony of the Panorama Club and Illinois fans were out there looking at the Deer District talking about how they wished U of I would have built a new arena like the Fiserv instead of renovating Assembly Hall and even wanted future Big Ten Tournaments to be held at the Fiserv. 

Nice to have opposing fans drooling over our arena.

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Fiserv Forum Envy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 11:47:35 AM »
Love it!  We're state-of-the-art, baby!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 11:48:40 AM »
I was on the balcony of the Panorama Club and Illinois fans were out there looking at the Deer District talking about how they wished U of I would have built a new arena like the Fiserv instead of renovating Assembly Hall and even wanted future Big Ten Tournaments to be held at the Fiserv. 

Nice to have opposing fans drooling over our arena.

So they could look out at the beautiful skyline of Champaign/Urbana? Lol.

B1G fans are weird there's literally zero reason for their tournament to be in MKE but they think they own every Midwest state.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 11:56:02 AM »
Yeah a few of them couldn't believe we play in a building that big or that nice.

One of Southern's womens coaches was chatting with me about it on the way upstairs. They played earlier that day at the Al. He was in awe of it, and actually said "man, that's gotta be huge for recruiting." I had to stifle a laugh.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 12:10:09 PM »
Every time I go to the FF I am as impressed as the first time I stepped foot inside. The addition of the Deer District and the Bucks NBA crown really has put MKE on the map. I was thinking last night that every high school basketball player knows about the Deer District, that can only help our program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Every time I go to the FF I am as impressed as the first time I stepped foot inside. The addition of the Deer District and the Bucks NBA crown really has put MKE on the map. I was thinking last night that every high school basketball player knows about the Deer District, that can only help our program.

100% about the deer district. I remember years ago seeing the PHX Coyote play the back hawks and being struck by how cool the entertainment district was outside the arena and thinking "if only MU had something like this"
Maigh Eo for Sam

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 12:23:53 PM »
I was watching some online content put out by MU from when Shaka was first hired...Scholl was walking through FF with Shaka and referenced how he'll really be amazed at how much FF helps with recruiting.  To play in the same house as Giannis...with many of your own accommodations...is something unique to MU.   

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 01:39:34 PM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Everyone knows Marquette should have its own arena five or six blocks west of this place.  The fact that we don't hurts recruiting as well as lowers our USNWR ranking.
Have some patience, FFS.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 01:56:37 PM »

B1G fans are weird there's literally zero reason for their tournament to be in MKE but they think they own every Midwest state.
Why not MKE as opposed to Indy or ChiTown?  It’s neutral in that there are no B10/14 schools in MKE though Wisky is obviously in WI just as IN and Purdue are in IN and Illinois is in IL. But, of course, let’s keep the FF to ourselves!!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 01:58:55 PM »
Why not MKE as opposed to Indy or ChiTown?  It’s neutral in that there are no B10/14 schools in MKE though Wisky is obviously in WI just as IN and Purdue are in IN and Illinois is in IL. But, of course, let’s keep the FF to ourselves!!

The last thing Fiserv needs is, the stink of 14 Big teams on its court in a given week. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »

well, after the crash and burn of playing the BTT in NYC and DC, Milwaukee makes sense.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »

I don't know what the Deer District is. Is that the pad of concrete outside of the stadium?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2021, 02:03:01 PM »
The last thing Fiserv needs is, the stink of 14 Big teams on its court in a given week.
As I said, let’s keep the FF to ourselves even those it makes sense compared to NY and DC as another poster noted.  But, you are right, it would be hard to eliminate the stink.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »
I don't know what the Deer District is. Is that the pad of concrete outside of the stadium?

The pad of concrete surrounded by taverns and filled with merrimakers.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2021, 02:15:47 PM »
amen Uncle R. It’s like Indianapolis Motor Speedway suffering the cow-pie that is NASCAR. Just as IMS should be exclusive for the speed of Indycar, FF needs to be about the Bucks, and MU.
Rack me. Late.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 02:25:13 PM »

NW is a literal stone throw away from Chicago and it's the main urban hub for the vast majority of the area the B1G covers till recently so there's some reasoning behind that. Indy is a solid location because it pretty equidistant for the premier programs in the conference (UM, MSU, OSU). Plus a short drive for NW, UofI, IU, PU. Yes Rutgers, UP, Maryland, Nebraska, Minn, UW, & Iowa get left out but three of those are newer to the conference anyways so for the 20 some years it's only 4 schools that had a hike.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 02:26:01 PM »
well, after the crash and burn of playing the BTT in NYC and DC, Milwaukee makes sense.

I forgot about the disaster that was NYC. I don't remember DC what year was that?
Maigh Eo for Sam

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 02:36:13 PM »

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 02:37:21 PM »
NW is a literal stone throw away from Chicago and it's the main urban hub for the vast majority of the area the B1G covers till recently so there's some reasoning behind that. Indy is a solid location because it pretty equidistant for the premier programs in the conference (UM, MSU, OSU). Plus a short drive for NW, UofI, IU, PU. Yes Rutgers, UP, Maryland, Nebraska, Minn, UW, & Iowa get left out but three of those are newer to the conference anyways so for the 20 some years it's only 4 schools that had a hike.
Does NW play basketball yet? ::)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »
Gantner Garden

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 03:25:17 PM »
I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Everyone knows Marquette should have its own arena five or six blocks west of this place.  The fact that we don't hurts recruiting as well as lowers our USNWR ranking.

...and our court was destroyed by all the deer in the district as well.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 04:55:36 PM »
I forgot about the disaster that was NYC. I don't remember DC what year was that?

2017. 15K for one quarterfinal session, otherwise they hit 13K only once, for the semis. They sell out in Indy and Chicago.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”