collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22  (Read 80888 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22
« Reply #1175 on: March 01, 2022, 11:34:54 PM »
It won’t happen, but if the East is Wisconsin as a 1 seed, and Providence as a 2 seed, there will be lots of money to be made.

Oh.  You mean I should l unload and go all in on Providence??

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1176 on: March 02, 2022, 06:04:32 AM »
It won’t happen, but if the East is Wisconsin as a 1 seed, and Providence as a 2 seed, there will be lots of money to be made.

If I’m a 1-seed and those 2 get placed in my region, I’m thanking the committee.  The bill always comes due
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: March 02, 2022, 06:38:49 AM »
Hepburn is a decent player but pretending that Shaka would lust over a freshman averaging 8 and 2 and 35% from dee just cause he had a nice game and banked in a 3 is hilarious.  He was a non factor against Purdue last game. Goose egg against OSU. Nothing special against U of I and MSU, etc…

I’ll take Kam Jones over Hepburn all day and twice on Sunday.

Badger trolls gonna troll

panda

• All American
« Reply #1178 on: March 02, 2022, 06:40:44 AM »
Hepburn is a decent player but pretending that Shaka would lust over a freshman averaging 8 and 2 and 35% from dee just cause he had a nice game and banked in a 3 is hilarious.  He was a non factor against Purdue last game. Goose egg against OSU. Nothing special against U of I and MSU, etc…

He’s coming on strong in the last few games and he’s the perfect fit for gard. Will be annoyingly good for them for awhile. What I hope Stevie will be for us.

But cmon - Jones and Joplin both have infinitely higher ceilings than Hepburn.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: March 02, 2022, 06:44:35 AM »
Scoopers love to belittle Greg Gard and his recruiting, but UW has had a share of Big Ten title in 2 out of the last 3 years.

And I'm sure Shaka would love to have a freshman as talented as Chucky Hepburn.

I’d rather have Freshman Audrey Hepburn. Not close.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: March 02, 2022, 06:54:57 AM »
Scoopers love to belittle Greg Gard and his recruiting, but UW has had a share of Big Ten title in 2 out of the last 3 years.

And I'm sure Shaka would love to have a freshman as talented as Chucky Hepburn.

Have you seen a kid UW is looking at for next season ? Ryan Hears ?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1181 on: March 02, 2022, 07:18:31 AM »
I’d rather have Freshman Audrey Hepburn. Not close.

I second that

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: March 02, 2022, 07:33:33 AM »

Agree 100%, and he's not going to start over our other Freshman PG, Tyler Kolek.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1183 on: March 02, 2022, 07:38:42 AM »
I didn’t fully realize how bad UWM and UWGB were this year.  Just embarrassing performances this season.  Competing in the Horizon shouldn’t be a big ask.  Understand some teams have to finish last but to be 336th and 343rd in KenPom respectively is terrible

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: March 02, 2022, 07:59:49 AM »
He’s coming on strong in the last few games and he’s the perfect fit for gard. Will be annoyingly good for them for awhile. What I hope Stevie will be for us.

But cmon - Jones and Joplin both have infinitely higher ceilings than Hepburn.

Stevie Mitchell can't dribble.

He's decent defensively and inept offensively.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1185 on: March 02, 2022, 08:04:42 AM »
Stevie Mitchell can't dribble.

He's decent defensively and inept offensively.

Thanks for your input

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1186 on: March 02, 2022, 08:17:11 AM »
I didn’t fully realize how bad UWM and UWGB were this year.  Just embarrassing performances this season.  Competing in the Horizon shouldn’t be a big ask.  Understand some teams have to finish last but to be 336th and 343rd in KenPom respectively is terrible

Yes, it was pretty bad watching it.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: March 02, 2022, 08:24:07 AM »

Pat Baldwin just going out in blaze of dumpster fire glory.  All the buzz from his kid coming to UWM.  He plays in well under half their games, only scores more than 20 twice, and the team is absolutely horrific to boot.  I mean good lord.

As for UWGB, who knew that hiring a mediocre mid major assistant whose only credentials were having a famous dad , who was on staff as his mentor crashed and burned at Ohio U and then was thoroughly mediocre in his lone season as a D2 HC, wouldn’t work. Maybe they thought Bo would take a break from his extracurriculars to sit on the bench?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1188 on: March 02, 2022, 08:53:08 AM »
Pat Baldwin just going out in blaze of dumpster fire glory.  All the buzz from his kid coming to UWM.  He plays in well under half their games, only scores more than 20 twice, and the team is absolutely horrific to boot.  I mean good lord.

As for UWGB, who knew that hiring a mediocre mid major assistant whose only credentials were having a famous dad , who was on staff as his mentor crashed and burned at Ohio U and then was thoroughly mediocre in his lone season as a D2 HC, wouldn’t work. Maybe they thought Bo would take a break from his extracurriculars to sit on the bench?

Nepotism in coaching at all levels is a problem and often hurts better candidates

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1189 on: March 02, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »
Why are people besmirching scoopers?  This is absurd, you're posting on an MU Hoops Forum.

every year the Bucky obsessed scoopers write the obituary for Madison basketball as the season starts and every year they find a way to make those posters looks foolish.

If only our Golden Eagles had been as bad as Madison since Gard took over, amirite?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: March 02, 2022, 11:20:44 AM »
This place is crawlin' with Badger trolls.  Don't feed 'em.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: March 02, 2022, 12:04:10 PM »
every year the Bucky obsessed scoopers write the obituary for Madison basketball as the season starts and every year they find a way to make those posters looks foolish.

If only our Golden Eagles had been as bad as Madison since Gard took over, amirite?

Generally this is correct, but the coaching job Gard has done this year is incredible. Very low levels of talent/inexperience and we've watched huge individual transformations as well as team growth on the offensive and defensive end. It pains me to say it, but he should be considered for coach of the year. Extremely impressive.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1192 on: March 02, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »
Generally this is correct, but the coaching job Gard has done this year is incredible. Very low levels of talent/inexperience and we've watched huge individual transformations as well as team growth on the offensive and defensive end. It pains me to say it, but he should be considered for coach of the year. Extremely impressive.

15-1 in games decided by 6 or less is impressive stuff. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: March 02, 2022, 12:30:50 PM »
15-1 in games decided by 6 or less is impressive stuff.

Enjoy there ride. It's nice to have a guy like Davis to lean on in tight games.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: March 02, 2022, 01:06:05 PM »
It's OK to begrudgingly concede that Madison has had an excellent season, with individual players improving significantly and the team playing well as a group AND to point out that they've been more than a little lucky.

Oh, and eff Madison. I'll enjoy watching Gard and his ranks choke during the NCAA tournament, when the banks won't be open for them.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1195 on: March 02, 2022, 01:32:50 PM »
It's OK to begrudgingly concede that Madison has had an excellent season, with individual players improving significantly and the team playing well as a group AND to point out that they've been more than a little lucky.

Oh, and eff Madison. I'll enjoy watching Gard and his ranks choke during the NCAA tournament, when the banks won't be open for them.

When the bill comes due, it’ll be painful

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: March 02, 2022, 01:36:35 PM »
Baldwin Sr. gone per Goodman.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1197 on: March 02, 2022, 02:39:43 PM »
Wojo to UWM

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1198 on: March 02, 2022, 02:50:31 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1199 on: March 02, 2022, 03:42:22 PM »

It's way too easy to say they win because they are lucky. They win because they are well coached and they recruit tough players.

They have won 15 consecutive games decided by six points or fewer, the longest such streak in Division I since the 3-point line was added in 1986.

And, yes, chances are they will get upset in the tournament - the same as many other teams.