collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22  (Read 80873 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22
« Reply #550 on: December 14, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
Yea it’s just kind of odd.  I mean, it’s not a traditional college campus or experience.  It’s not even the fun college game day experience cause they have only had 1 game where they drew more than 2500 fans.

So sure you get a few months playing for Dad but you’re getting your head bashed in playing with bum teammates in empty gyms.

He’ll still be a top 20 pick, but inauspicious start to his “adult” career

I wonder if PB sr would have been retained if PBJ excluded UWM early in his recruiting. I assume if he was let go, he had enough of a resume to follow PBJ to any school or G-League team. As this season is going, i'm having doubts PBSr will have a job in January and PBJ will "focus on the draft"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #551 on: December 14, 2021, 08:42:45 AM »
If only we would've had a second donor pay out PBSr.'s buyout from Milwaukee, plus salary for Marquette's DOBO position, and pony up for PBJr's NIL money we'd be in good shape.  PBJ starting at the 3 for us would be nice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2021, 09:04:27 AM »
Unless he signed an extension at some point, this is the last year of his original five year deal.  And I don't see any evidence of an extension.  So my guess is that UWM is in for a complete rebuild next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #553 on: December 14, 2021, 11:07:37 AM »
Yea it’s just kind of odd.  I mean, it’s not a traditional college campus or experience.  It’s not even the fun college game day experience cause they have only had 1 game where they drew more than 2500 fans.

So sure you get a few months playing for Dad but you’re getting your head bashed in playing with bum teammates in empty gyms.

He’ll still be a top 20 pick, but inauspicious start to his “adult” career

higher than that. My buddy who is an assistant GM in the NBA was at the game scouting him last night. "Still a lottery pick. He's in a terrible situation."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2021, 11:20:32 AM »
higher than that. My buddy who is an assistant GM in the NBA was at the game scouting him last night. "Still a lottery pick. He's in a terrible situation."

Thanks for the info. I wonder what he thinks about Johnny Davis.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2021, 11:40:15 AM »
Thanks, Chicos

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2021, 01:53:47 PM »
Nebraska job will be opening up very soon if rumors are true of a recruiting violation being exposed.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #557 on: December 14, 2021, 07:00:11 PM »
Unless he signed an extension at some point, this is the last year of his original five year deal.  And I don't see any evidence of an extension.  So my guess is that UWM is in for a complete rebuild next year.

There was no extension I'm aware of. The number of guys that transfer out each year, every year has been a rebuild in some regard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:02:26 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »
Reports of Memphis’ demise seems to be premature…or when you have insane talent sometimes they will just win a game themselves

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2021, 09:30:35 PM »
Reports of Memphis’ demise seems to be premature…or when you have insane talent sometimes they will just win a game themselves

Hard to concentrate playing on that idiotic court. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #560 on: December 15, 2021, 12:42:51 AM »
Thanks for the info. I wonder what he thinks about Johnny Davis.

Not on their radar yet. This is a team who will be picking in the lottery.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #561 on: December 15, 2021, 08:43:00 AM »
Johnny Davis 15th pick on NBAdraft.net

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2021, 09:44:17 AM »
Yeah, Davis is gonna start showing up on more and more mock drafts. Very much on scouts' radar.

He's really, really good. Good enough size, decent handle, 38% from 3, super smooth, plenty athletic, never seems in a hurry, gonna carry an otherwise mediocre team into the NCAAT.

If you're an NBA GM you look at him and say, "Already a nice player, and can be a lot better."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #563 on: December 15, 2021, 09:58:45 AM »
Davis is 19th on Watch Stadium and 26th on NBA Draft Room.

EPSN has him at 32.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #564 on: December 15, 2021, 10:10:20 AM »
Either
1. your friend is not telling you the whole truth
2. your friend is a moron and in a dereliction of his duties, or
3. your friend is imaginary

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »

Thanks for responding. I am sure they will be scouting him as the season goes on.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #566 on: December 15, 2021, 12:12:53 PM »
Either
1. your friend is not telling you the whole truth
2. your friend is a moron and in a dereliction of his duties, or
3. your friend is imaginary

1. your friend is not telling you the whole truth - nope. Davis isn't someone they're looking at.
2. your friend is a moron and in a dereliction of his duties, or - focus is on top ten guys since that's where they'll be picking (probably higher). Focusing on a fringe lottery pick who is at a position where they're set would be the dereliction of duty.
3. your friend is imaginary - nope. Unless I've been spending time with an talking to a ghost for 10 years and that Athletic focus on him last year was about an imaginary person.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #567 on: December 15, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
I won't make any accusations about Billy or his friend, but even GMs who are expected to pick in the lottery do a lot more than scout lottery picks.

1. There are a bazillion draft-related trades. You might think you're picking No. 5 or 8 or 10, but your GM might wheel and deal. And after all that, you might end up with the 16th and 27th picks. So you'd damn well better be prepared to provide a ton of info about guys who could go well after the lottery. If you want to keep your job, that is.

2. There's a second round, and those picks get dealt like crazy. I don't expect Davis to fall into the second round, but anything's possible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2021, 12:27:35 PM »
I won't make any accusations about Billy or his friend, but even GMs who are expected to pick in the lottery do a lot more than scout lottery picks.

1. There are a bazillion draft-related trades. You might think you're picking No. 5 or 8 or 10, but your GM might wheel and deal. And after all that, you might end up with the 16th and 27th picks. So you'd damn well better be prepared to provide a ton of info about guys who could go well after the lottery. If you want to keep your job, that is.

2. There's a second round, and those picks get dealt like crazy. I don't expect Davis to fall into the second round, but anything's possible.

Yeah ... I can't speak for Billy's friend, but NBA teams scout everyone at this time of the season because they have no idea where they'll be picking come June.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #569 on: December 15, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Yeah ... I can't speak for Billy's friend, but NBA teams scout everyone at this time of the season because they have no idea where they'll be picking come June.

Whatever scouting department not doing due diligence on potential 2022 draft picks is one I want to do business with.  #EasyW
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2021, 12:38:16 PM »
I'm in the market for a new car in mid 2022.  The new all Mustang Mach-E isn't on my radar  cause I still don't love American made cars and I'm not seeing total value in all electric for me at this point...but I'm aware of it.  See how that works?

I'm sure the dude knows who Johnny Davis is.  I'm sure he knows what he's like as a player.  He isn't in their consideration set in the top 10 picks when they have a SG they like and maybe don't think Davis is lottery value at this point.

Why is that so hard to understand?  Or is it just open season on Billy cause of some of his other takes?

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2021, 01:29:56 PM »
My $.02, when you namedrop someone in a high status position, and matter of factly answer someone's questions as if the person is sitting right next to you, you open yourself to criticism. Now, do I think Billy has a friend in that person, yes. But do I think if Billy knows how much Johnny Davis is on their radar, Hellllll no.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #572 on: December 15, 2021, 01:45:40 PM »
My $.02, when you namedrop someone in a high status position, and matter of factly answer someone's questions as if the person is sitting right next to you, you open yourself to criticism. Now, do I think Billy has a friend in that person, yes. But do I think if Billy knows how much Johnny Davis is on their radar, Hellllll no.

You literally took "not on their radar" to mean they have no clue who he is.  Instead of the fact that he's just not of interest or a priority.  He even clarified that in a second post.

He's an assistant GM, not a run of the mill college scout.  Its not crazy to think he's not focusing on someone who is not a position of need, or held in particularly high esteem, for a top 10 pick.

At least you admitted you think Billy is full of it, so we can view your continued criticism and scrutiny through the proper lens.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »
I figuratively took it to mean they have not scouted him. So, if they haven't yet, they are behind the curve. Davis is now #15 on nbadraft.net.

Considering these teams have scouts at basically every big game, and I would think this team would have someone at one of the tourney games this year Wisconsin was at, and most NBA Gms/Assistant GMs have weekly conference calls with their scouts, I would think he would be on their radar.

And yes, I think his first post was very Chicoesque.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #574 on: December 15, 2021, 04:12:39 PM »
Bleacher Report has Davis at number 8 in their new mock draft.

feedback