collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 2  (Read 22824 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 2
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2021, 07:56:36 AM »
That’s why I’m “invested”.  There has been a lot of attention given to this case from the night of the accident but it’s only been one side who has been dealing in facts and reality.  It gets me beyond frustrated to see the lies/spin being put out (primarily coming from one side of the political aisle) when it’s a kids life at stake.  This isn’t some game to score cheap political points. 

And the fact Biden put out a tweet shortly after the shootings blaming it on white supremacy and attaching it to trump/MAGA supporters is shameful.

Poor, sweet baby
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2021, 07:57:46 AM »
Didn’t think you could go any lower reeko. So many examples of you guys just can’t get out of yourselves. How about starting with just some plain decency and compassion the guy did not want to kill anyone and he had to relive the most horrifying experience one could go thru.

😂
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2021, 07:58:31 AM »
Have you watched how he has acted during the trial? One example: he threw a sh!tfit that the prosecutors had altered photographic evidence because they showed photos and zoomed in and out just as we all do by using fingers to pinch/spread the picture. The judge is of the belief that this "alters pixels". He really believes that zooming in or out permanently alters a picture.

Cause it does.  Prosecutors claimed the pinch to zoom function was no different then using a magnifying glass which could not be further from the truth.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2021, 07:58:44 AM »
He didn’t want to kill anyone, but he drove into a different state to be somewhere he knew that there would be rioting going on and he brought an assault rifle with him. Hmm…

If he didn’t want to kill anyone, he has one person to blame.

Get familiar with the case then get back to us.  Just because one Has a gun, doesn’t mean you are out to kill someone people carry all the time hoping they never need the thing
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2021, 08:03:31 AM »
Get familiar with the case then get back to us.  Just because one Has a gun, doesn’t mean you are out to kill someone people carry all the time hoping they never need the thing

😂

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2021, 08:08:24 AM »

I think I can count the number of times I've seen a civilian roaming the streets with an assault rifle out in the open in my life on a single finger.

But sure.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2021, 08:12:53 AM »
How is this picture relevant to the case?

It could be used to speak to his state of mind and lack of regret for taking a human life.  Many of his actions on the day of, and days after the incident lead me to believe he is a child who isn't capable of making good decisions.  Not to mention his parent's lack of good sensibility.

But the judge ruled it inadmissible, so it has no relevancy to the case.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2021, 08:14:47 AM »
Didn’t think you could go any lower reeko. So many examples of you guys just can’t get out of yourselves. How about starting with just some plain decency and compassion the guy did not want to kill anyone and he had to relive the most horrifying experience one could go thru.

What he did may be protected by Wisconsin law.  What he did was also morally repugnant.  I don't feel sorry for him in the least regardless of whether his tears were real or fake.

BTW, reflecting on your comments from last summer, I doubt you would have felt the same way about someone who was black and in the same position. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »
And the fact that this prosecutor tried to coach a witness and asked him to lie under oath is something else that deserves the start of a full fledged investigation into the entire Kenosha County DA office.  These are some bad folks down there.

Buddy, you're gonna be real disappointed when you learn about every DA's office in America.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2021, 08:17:56 AM »
It could be used to speak to his state of mind and lack of regret for taking a human life.  Many of his actions on the day of, and days after the incident lead me to believe he is a child who isn't capable of making good decisions.  Not to mention his parent's lack of good sensibility.

But the judge ruled it inadmissible, so it has no relevancy to the case.

Wearing an offensive or stupid t-shirt should be admissible to prove his state of mind during the alleged crime or feelings after the alleged crime? 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2021, 08:19:43 AM »
Wearing an offensive or stupid t-shirt should be admissible to prove his state of mind during the alleged crime or feelings after the alleged crime?

Dude, I never said that.  Stop being so reactionary.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2021, 08:22:08 AM »
What he did may be protected by Wisconsin law.  What he did was also morally repugnant.  I don't feel sorry for him in the least regardless of whether his tears were real or fake.

BTW, reflecting on your comments from last summer, I doubt you would have felt the same way about someone who was black and in the same position.

Why are you injecting race here?  Can we not look at the specific facts of this case, or any case in the news, and have a reasonable discussion? 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2021, 08:23:00 AM »
Buddy, you're gonna be real disappointed when you learn about every DA's office in America.

Well that’s a terrifying indictment on our judicial system and if I ever find myself on a juror in a serious case will keep these “normal” prosecutorial strategies in mind. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »
Well that’s a terrifying indictment on our judicial system and if I ever find myself on a juror in a serious case will keep these “normal” prosecutorial strategies in mind.

I have no doubt that you'd be summarily dismissed from any jury selection process.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »
Dude, I never said that.  Stop being so reactionary.

You intimated that while at the same time said the judge didn't allow the picture as evidence.  I have reactionary tendencies as we all do.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2021, 08:28:29 AM »
You intimated that while at the same time said the judge didn't allow the picture as evidence.  I have reactionary tendencies as we all do.

I said it spoke to his state of mind.

I never said it should be admissible, that is a jump you've made based on your emotions about the case.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
Have you watched how he has acted during the trial? One example: he threw a sh!tfit that the prosecutors had altered photographic evidence because they showed photos and zoomed in and out just as we all do by using fingers to pinch/spread the picture. The judge is of the belief that this "alters pixels". He really believes that zooming in or out permanently alters a picture.

Not that it will do any good, but I caution everyone to fixate on the things the Internet is focusing on that the judge is doing. If you don't observe judges actually engaging with lawyers from the bench on a regular basis, then everything that the judge is doing might look ridiculous. If you do, then everything that he is doing looks more or less in the character of judges.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1458493792349089792?s=20

People, understandably because they're not litigators so why should they know any different as well as almost entirely have already decided their own opinion on the guilt or innocence of the accused, are watching things and latching onto the wrong things. It's an exercise in confirmation bias.

"I, the person who thinks Rittenhouse is guilty am concerned he might be acquitted, and therefore the judge's conduct in these [entirely routine] evidentiary rulings is proof of his attempt to affect the case."

Or, conversely:

"I, the person who thinks Rittenhouse is a political prisoner victim of a woke prosecutorial witch hunt see the prosecutor's conduct as proof of his corrupt intent."

(Maybe, however, Hanlon's razor applies here: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity")

I would suggest to everyone paying attention that the more valuable thing to do here is to remove Rittenhouse and the underlying actions as pieces of what you take away from having observed this case develop from arrest to trial. You see prosecutors engaging in certain conduct, this conduct is routine, do you think that conduct is bad? You see judicial conduct that is routine, do you think this is bad? You are getting a window into the sausage making of the criminal justice system. Strip out your biases and think that there just might be nothing unusual going on.

If so, perhaps there's a lesson to be learned that has nothing to do with Rittenhouse, BLM, or the illusion of the state monopoly on violence unraveling before our eyes.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2021, 08:30:59 AM »
I have no doubt that you'd be summarily dismissed from any jury selection process.

And you’d be wrong again.

Answer the question hards….if victim #3 despite chasing down Rittenhouse would have pulled the trigger on his pointed gun first killing Rittenhouse do you believe he should have been charged with murder?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2021, 08:32:56 AM »

I could be wrong but given your posting history here you do not seem to be someone who was inherently distrustful of law enforcement and prosecutors. If what you take away from this trial is a deep and abiding skepticism of the justice system, that might not be a bad thing.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
Why are you injecting race here?  Can we not look at the specific facts of this case, or any case in the news, and have a reasonable discussion? 

Because it shows how rocket has the inability to be logically consistent in this case, and his comments should be ignored (or more ignored than they are typically) because of it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:36:28 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2021, 08:34:38 AM »
Not that it will do any good, but I caution everyone to fixate on the things the Internet is focusing on that the judge is doing. If you don't observe judges actually engaging with lawyers from the bench on a regular basis, then everything that the judge is doing might look ridiculous. If you do, then everything that he is doing looks more or less in the character of judges.

People, understandably because they're not litigators so why should they know any different as well as almost entirely have already decided their own opinion on the guilt or innocence of the accused, are watching things and latching onto the wrong things. It's an exercise in confirmation bias.

"I, the person who thinks Rittenhouse is guilty am concerned he might be acquitted, and therefore the judge's conduct in these [entirely routine] evidentiary rulings is proof of his attempt to affect the case."

Or, conversely:

"I, the person who thinks Rittenhouse is a political prisoner victim of a woke prosecutorial witch hunt see the prosecutor's conduct as proof of his corrupt intent."

(Maybe, however, Hanlon's razor applies here: "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity")

I would suggest to everyone paying attention that the more valuable thing to do here is to remove Rittenhouse and the underlying actions as pieces of what you take away from having observed this case develop from arrest to trial. You see prosecutors engaging in certain conduct, this conduct is routine, do you think that conduct is bad? You see judicial conduct that is routine, do you think this is bad? You are getting a window into the sausage making of the criminal justice system. Strip out your biases and think that there just might be nothing unusual going on.

If so, perhaps there's a lesson to be learned that has nothing to do with Rittenhouse, BLM, or the illusion of the state monopoly on violence unraveling before our eyes.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2021, 08:35:49 AM »

Yeah, and the guy doesn't really have a reputation for being political.  He has a reputation for being a little odd and generally supportive of a defendant's rights - which isn't a bad thing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »
And you’d be wrong again.

Answer the question hards….if victim #3 despite chasing down Rittenhouse would have pulled the trigger on his pointed gun first killing Rittenhouse do you believe he should have been charged with murder?

I was joking, you're the perfect idiot for a jury.  You're easily manipulated by your emotions.

What a stupid question.  Of course.

Now entertain me.