[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 2  (Read 22828 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 2
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2021, 04:30:19 AM »
the actual part in the trial this morning was really heart breaking sad.  he really tried to soldier thru but when his breathing started to get labored, judge recognizes rittenhouse can't go on like this and the jury doesn't need to see anymore.  patient in my chair broke down crying as she watched.  looked for a moment like he was going to suffer a real breakdown.  that's not funny.  kudos to judge for recognizing this and taking a break.  anyone having any compassion for another regardless of your position here has to feel for the guy,  yes, he put himself in the position he was, but i think we can agree that he didn't go there to kill 2 people and injure another

btw rockie-he didn't "re-rack" the gun before shooting that gage guy

😂
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2021, 05:46:36 AM »
😂

Didn’t think you could go any lower reeko. So many examples of you guys just can’t get out of yourselves. How about starting with just some plain decency and compassion the guy did not want to kill anyone and he had to relive the most horrifying experience one could go thru.
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2021, 06:04:30 AM »
Didn’t think you could go any lower reeko. So many examples of you guys just can’t get out of yourselves. How about starting with just some plain decency and compassion the guy did not want to kill anyone and he had to relive the most horrifying experience one could go thru.

"decency and compassion"

"ALM"

Sorry, you don't get to take any moral high ground here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2021, 06:22:36 AM »

He didn’t want to kill anyone, but he drove into a different state to be somewhere he knew that there would be rioting going on and he brought an assault rifle with him. Hmm…

If he didn’t want to kill anyone, he has one person to blame.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2021, 06:42:08 AM »
The part that I just don't understand though, is the overhead video clearly shows Rittenhouse as the armed aggressor, chasing an unarmed man. That should immediately nullify any claim of self defense.

Can you please link to this video. I have looked (admittedly quickly) and cannot find it. I haven’t heard anyone mention that except you in this thread and you’ve referred to it as “surveillance” video and “overhead” video. I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m genuinely curious because I haven’t heard this mentioned anywhere else.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2021, 06:48:18 AM »
Can you please link to this video. I have looked (admittedly quickly) and cannot find it. I haven’t heard anyone mention that except you in this thread and you’ve referred to it as “surveillance” video and “overhead” video. I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m genuinely curious because I haven’t heard this mentioned anywhere else.

He is literally making that fact up.  No video shows it, no witness testified to it.  Forgetful just created this scenario that Rittenhouse started the chase out of thin air.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2021, 06:59:21 AM »
He didn’t want to kill anyone, but he drove into a different state to be somewhere he knew that there would be rioting going on and he brought an assault rifle with him. Hmm…

If he didn’t want to kill anyone, he has one person to blame.

Isn't Kenosha like 15-20 mins from his house?  I believe he has family and friends in Kenosha.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2021, 07:07:46 AM »
Isn't Kenosha like 15-20 mins from his house?  I believe he has family and friends in Kenosha.

It is.  Was in Kenosha almost everyday for work/life.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2021, 07:15:01 AM »

Yes. None of that changes the fact that he drove to a different state with an assault rifle to be somewhere that riots were going to be happening. He made that decision. If you don’t want to murder someone maybe don’t head there. Or leave the assault rifle at home. I don’t know. Just a thought.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2021, 07:16:31 AM »
And the fact that this prosecutor tried to coach a witness and asked him to lie under oath is something else that deserves the start of a full fledged investigation into the entire Kenosha County DA office.  These are some bad folks down there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2021, 07:17:16 AM »

Yeah, that “crossing state lines” thing is misleading. I think he worked in Kenosha and lived nearby.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2021, 07:18:01 AM »
Yes. None of that changes the fact that he drove to a different state with an assault rifle to be somewhere that riots were going to be happening. He made that decision. If you don’t want to murder someone maybe don’t head there. Or leave the assault rifle at home. I don’t know. Just a thought.

He didn’t bring the AR across state lines with him.  It was and always was stored at his buddies house in Wisconsin.  Would have been illegal for him to have brought it back to Illinois.  This was all covered in great detail during his testimony yesterday.  Me thinks you weren’t watching.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2021, 07:19:13 AM »
And the fact that this prosecutor tried to coach a witness and asked him to lie under oath is something else that deserves the start of a full fledged investigation into the entire Kenosha County DA office.  These are some bad folks down there.

You're overreacting a lot here.  The ADA made a terrible mistake, but you're attempting to absolve the kid of poor choices, and bad behavior.  Both can be bad.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2021, 07:22:58 AM »
He didn’t bring the AR across state lines with him.  It was and always was stored at his buddies house in Wisconsin.  Would have been illegal for him to have brought it back to Illinois.  This was all covered in great detail during his testimony yesterday.  Me thinks you weren’t watching.

Why do you seem so personally invested in this case?  It's being weaponized by both sides of the political spectrum. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2021, 07:24:12 AM »

Okay. You’re still deflecting. He showed up in a city he knew riots would be happening with an assault rifle. Guess who else lives within an easy drive of Kenosha? Me. Guess who didn’t show up there with an assault rifle? Me. And guess who didn’t murder multiple people? Also me. It was pretty easy to avoid. Nobody forced him to be there. Nobody forced him to bring an assault rifle. He made those choices. He “didn’t want to kill 2 people?” Then why does he have an assault rifle in a place he knows there will be unrest? Again, he has one person to blame. It’s not hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2021, 07:37:40 AM »
Why do you seem so personally invested in this case?  It's being weaponized by both sides of the political spectrum.

That’s why I’m “invested”.  There has been a lot of attention given to this case from the night of the accident but it’s only been one side who has been dealing in facts and reality.  It gets me beyond frustrated to see the lies/spin being put out (primarily coming from one side of the political aisle) when it’s a kids life at stake.  This isn’t some game to score cheap political points. 

And the fact Biden put out a tweet shortly after the shootings blaming it on white supremacy and attaching it to trump/MAGA supporters is shameful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2021, 07:38:25 AM »
Okay. You’re still deflecting. He showed up in a city he knew riots would be happening with an assault rifle. Guess who else lives within an easy drive of Kenosha? Me. Guess who didn’t show up there with an assault rifle? Me. And guess who didn’t murder multiple people? Also me. It was pretty easy to avoid. Nobody forced him to be there. Nobody forced him to bring an assault rifle. He made those choices. He “didn’t want to kill 2 people?” Then why does he have an assault rifle in a place he knows there will be unrest? Again, he has one person to blame. It’s not hard.

He definitely used poor judgment and as far as I know illegally obtained the assault rifle.  I would think he will be charged on that count.  Intimating he drove up to murder people is an entirely different story and seems incredulous.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »
He definitely used poor judgment and as far as I know illegally obtained the assault rifle.  I would think he will be charged on that count.  Intimating he drove up to murder people is an entirely different story and seems incredulous.

It’s not illegal to possess a rifle under 18 in Wisconsin.  Otherwise every 17 year old hunter would be in violation of the law, not sure how the official language reads so I can see that charge sticking cause he obviously wasn’t out in the woods hunting or at a shooting range (also not illegal to be under 18 in possession of a rifle at the shooting range) so in the context of open carrying the rifle in the middle of town it was never really determined in testimony if that was illegal or not. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2021, 07:45:00 AM »
Yeah, that “crossing state lines” thing is misleading. I think he worked in Kenosha and lived nearby.

Funny how the borders no matta crowd is very concerned with state lines all of a sudden.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2021, 07:46:27 AM »
Regardless of anyone's thoughts on the case one way or the other, the judge IS objectively bad. Holy crap, what a nutter.

More of that "old, white dentist" syndrome brought to you by T-Squared, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2021, 07:48:48 AM »
The fact is, he committed a crime that directly led to the deaths of 3 people.

This is really the only thing that matters from a legal perspective.

He is celebrated by a lot of people on that align with his political beliefs and the vigilante type. He went out to bars and leveraged that celebrity.

To those who align with those types, they will read this as proof that you can be a vigilante. It will make things worse.

This really doesn't matter one bit from a legal perspective.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2021, 07:51:37 AM »
That’s why I’m “invested”.  There has been a lot of attention given to this case from the night of the accident but it’s only been one side who has been dealing in facts and reality.  It gets me beyond frustrated to see the lies/spin being put out (primarily coming from one side of the political aisle) when it’s a kids life at stake.  This isn’t some game to score cheap political points. 

And the fact Biden put out a tweet shortly after the shootings blaming it on white supremacy and attaching it to trump/MAGA supporters is shameful.

I don't know where to start.

You're 100% lost in the sauce.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2021, 07:54:05 AM »
I missed it.  Why is he a disaster?
Have you watched how he has acted during the trial? One example: he threw a sh!tfit that the prosecutors had altered photographic evidence because they showed photos and zoomed in and out just as we all do by using fingers to pinch/spread the picture. The judge is of the belief that this "alters pixels". He really believes that zooming in or out permanently alters a picture.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2021, 07:55:27 AM »
It’s not illegal to possess a rifle under 18 in Wisconsin.  Otherwise every 17 year old hunter would be in violation of the law, not sure how the official language reads so I can see that charge sticking cause he obviously wasn’t out in the woods hunting or at a shooting range (also not illegal to be under 18 in possession of a rifle at the shooting range) so in the context of open carrying the rifle in the middle of town it was never really determined in testimony if that was illegal or not.

Oh...ty.  I wrongly assumed that was determined. From the few things I've read and heard I'm having a very difficult time seeing his actions as anything beyond self-defense.  The fact that he used poor judgment (as did the victims) by being there, with a weapon, has literally nothing to do with if he committed homicide or defended himself.  Proving he intentionally went there to murder seems delusional so I'm wondering why these charges were even brought based on the evidence. 

jesmu84

• All American

feedback