[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Petito Story  (Read 17111 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
The Petito Story
« on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »
Has anyone followed this closely?  I'm lost.  The fiance drives her car back to  his parents'  house in Florida allegedly, says nothing for 10 days, his parents say nothing to Petito's family, he goes "hiking"on Tues, and has now disappeared for 6 days?  WTF? 

My guess is he never was at this house or in that car they found.  Was this thing just completely botched by the FBI?  I mean they may have never found her body if it wasn't for this woman calling the tip line.  So either this guy is on the run and could literally  be anywhere or jumped off a cliff somewhere?   While his parents were complicit in shielding his whereabouts?  Crazy story.  Hasn't been a good week for the FBI,

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: The Petito Story
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:07:37 PM »
SUPERBAR

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:08:32 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
I'm lost. 

Hopefully not in the same way she was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:22:05 PM »
I predict that this will end up being a lot more simple, logical and predictable than Muggsy thinks right now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »
I predict that this will end up being a lot more simple, logical and predictable than Muggsy thinks right now.

Maybe.  It sure doesn't appear logical at the moment.  Maybe a Bear was involved and won.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 08:35:33 PM »
Maybe.  It sure doesn't appear logical at the moment.  Maybe a Bear was involved and won.

They didn’t get the tip about the vehicle until yesterday or two days ago because the couple that caught it, didn’t realize it’s significance and also didn’t watch the video until well after the fact. 

She’s dead by him.  He told his parents.  He committed suicide or is running. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »
They didn’t get the tip about the vehicle until yesterday or two days ago because the couple that caught it, didn’t realize it’s significance and also didn’t watch the video until well after the fact. 

You think he told his parents when he allegedly drove back to Florida on Sept 1st?  And their response was we'll protect you and not say a word?  Then he's tells them he's going "hiking" alone of all things and they were just like okay, son?   Did they think he would never be caught or questioned at all?  Because his P's are going to be eating bread and water if you are correct. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 07:16:37 AM »
Has anyone followed this closely?  I'm lost.  The fiance drives her car back to  his parents'  house in Florida allegedly, says nothing for 10 days, his parents say nothing to Petito's family, he goes "hiking"on Tues, and has now disappeared for 6 days?  WTF? 

My guess is he never was at this house or in that car they found. Was this thing just completely botched by the FBI? I mean they may have never found her body if it wasn't for this woman calling the tip line.  So either this guy is on the run and could literally  be anywhere or jumped off a cliff somewhere?   While his parents were complicit in shielding his whereabouts?  Crazy story.  Hasn't been a good week for the FBI,

FBI had no jurisdiction in this case and was just assisting the local police in the search for a missing 22 year old.  No federal criminal violations had been committed. Due to the case being a multiple state matter, the FBI was providing forensic, manpower and national tip line information assistance. 

The investigation was being handled by local authorities until the body was located on federal property.  It is now a Crime on a Government Reservation - Homicide case with the FBI in charge. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 07:24:03 AM »

+1

who just has a defense attorney at the ready should police come knocking? Nobody, they 100% knew he killed her or in the least that she was killed and thought he'd be suspect no 1. I hope he doesn't kill himself so Petito's family can get some answers.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 07:25:32 AM »
+1

who just has a defense attorney at the ready should police come knocking? Nobody, they 100% knew he killed her or in the least that she was killed and thought he'd be suspect no 1. I hope he doesn't kill himself so Petito's family can get some answers.

There are a lot of people in this country that have defense attorneys at the ready.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 07:28:07 AM »
There are a lot of people in this country that have defense attorneys at the ready.

Probably not in this case, however.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 07:36:10 AM »
Probably not in this case, however.

Agreed.  The guy was obviously involved or he wouldn't be on the run and would've communicated that something was wrong/he couldn't find her/etc. at multiple points between when she disappeared, when he got home, and when she was reported missing.  But having an attorney at the ready isn't a sign of guilt.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 07:48:16 AM »
Agreed.  The guy was obviously involved or he wouldn't be on the run and would've communicated that something was wrong/he couldn't find her/etc. at multiple points between when she disappeared, when he got home, and when she was reported missing.  But having an attorney at the ready isn't a sign of guilt.

Yup, yup, yup. I think Hilary had her killed, tbh

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 08:29:19 AM »
Yup, yup, yup. I think Hilary had her killed, tbh

Maybe mistook her for a baby and ate her in the basement of Comet Ping Pong.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 08:40:14 AM »
Oh joy.  Another thread we find a way to make political.

Girl goes missing?  Let's take a shot at one side of the political spectrum!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 08:41:29 AM »

Let me further explain. When the police showed up to his house, after he'd been home for 10days without his fiancé, they were immediately told to reach out to their lawyer. That to me seems like if he wasn't guilty there at least a part of the story where he knew he'd look bad enough to be a suspect.

Also do you have a defense lawyer at the ready? Is this a part of being an adult that nobody's told me about?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 08:47:06 AM »
So it’s the FBI’s fault that until the couple contacted the tip line about the video where they spotted the car, they didn’t have a more targeted area to search than the entire Grand Teton wilderness area? That’s quite a stretch.
People disappear in areas like that all the time and are never found.
And as stated this was initially a local jurisdiction matter.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 08:47:36 AM »
Let me further explain. When the police showed up to his house, after he'd been home for 10days without his fiancé, they were immediately told to reach out to their lawyer. That to me seems like if he wasn't guilty there at least a part of the story where he knew he'd look bad enough to be a suspect.

Also do you have a defense lawyer at the ready? Is this a part of being an adult that nobody's told me about?

LOL, I don't have a defense lawyer at the ready, but the first person I would call is the attorney that I have used for my estate planning and real estate stuff and ask him who he would recommend.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 08:49:47 AM »

Anyone with any active brain cells should know to get a lawyer involved if police come knocking on your door asking questions. Guilty or not. There are too many cases to count of innocent people being duped into saying something incriminating because they agreed to speak with cops without a lawyer present.

And I have defense lawyers at the ready, though mostly because I have friends who are defense lawyers.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »
One of my thoughts was the fiancé came home and told/convinced his parents it was an accident and they threw rational thought out the window to protect their son. It certainly could be a situation where she had an accident and he didn’t know what to do without being blamed.

Based on his other actions though and videos, I’m not sure that’s the likely scenario. Very sad story.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 09:26:22 AM »
Oh joy.  Another thread we find a way to make political.

Girl goes missing?  Let's take a shot at one side of the political spectrum!

I read it on Reddit from Patriot69Guns

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 09:31:09 AM »
Never, under any circumstances, speak to the police.

Call your lawyer.

Anything, *ANYTHING*, you say will not help you unless those words are "I would like to speak with my attorney," or possibly, "I invoke my right to remain silent." (though that should be paired with the request for an attorney).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:51 AM »
Interesting. I'm not exactly mr trust the police but didn't know everyone was so pro lawyering up if you're ever vaguely connected to something
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 09:46:37 AM »
Maybe mistook her for a baby and ate her in the basement of Comet Ping Pong.

Saw a picture of her walking the beach with Bill. He looked healthy. She looked like she swallowed something much bigger than a baby.