[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More conference realignment talk  (Read 326847 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: More conference realignment talk
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2021, 08:20:15 PM »
I'd rather have St Thomas in the BE than SLU.

This. Saint Thomas would whoop the crap out of Saint Louis’ French ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2021, 08:34:55 PM »
Nope, I’m not confused. Actually, it’s still there, from September 20th.

This?

#1 The Cardinals have had an impressive turnaround to earn their playoff spot.

#2 The Padres have had a spectacular freefall to lose their playoff spot.

#3 The Cardinals would not be in the driver's seat for a playoff spot if either #1 or #2 did not happen.

All three things are true

Because that's what I posted. Uncle Rico trolled you on the same day by saying the Cardinals blow. But I know,  anyone not from your Tribe looks the same to you  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2021, 09:02:14 PM »
I’m pretty open minded and maybe you’ll be proven right. But St Thomas?  What the hell are you guys talking about?  They need to prove it at a D 1 level first.  The Minnesota/St Thomas people seem to be getting out in front of their skis a bit.   

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »
This?

Because that's what I posted. Uncle Rico trolled you on the same day by saying the Cardinals blow. But I know,  anyone not from your Tribe looks the same to you  ;D

Here is the screen shot of what you posted. You can project and gaslight distract all you wish, but that’s your post. I suppose, using your words, that makes you a troll a too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:51:29 PM by shoothoops »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2021, 09:46:36 PM »
Here is the screen shot of what you posted.

I know what I posted. Where did I post that the Cardinals blow? Uncle Rico posted that
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2021, 09:52:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the most obtuse or inane discussion I can recall here. Maybe both.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2021, 09:56:38 PM »
Yadi to the Big East!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2021, 09:58:44 PM »
I know what I posted. Where did I post that the Cardinals blow? Uncle Rico posted that

Not sure why you keep bringing this up over snd over. I brought it up once to explain that your other post in this thread was more effective discussing the topic than your previous tribal trolling post.

You posted in response in the other thread that all four things can be true. That was one of the things listed. It’s pretty straight forward.

Not sure why we need to keep discussing it in this thread about conference realignment.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »
So is Yadi in favor of the Zags joining the Big East?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2021, 10:26:15 PM »
Not sure why you keep bringing this up over snd over. I brought it up once to explain that your other post in this thread was more effective discussing the topic than your previous tribal trolling post.

You posted in response in the other thread that all four things can be true. That was one of the things listed. It’s pretty straight forward.

Exactly I said all things COULD be true. I didn't say it was true. You need to read what I wrote. You're assuming things I didn't say.

Not sure why we need to keep discussing it in this thread about conference realignment.

We don't. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am still trolling you. Of course I said the Cardinals blow. I didn't actually say it but it was clear what I meant when I joined in on Uncle Rico's trolling, because it is possible to make accurate inferences about what people mean even if their words don't say it exactly, which you just did. But this is what you do, all the time. It's very clear from all of your posts what your opinions are about St. Louis. But every time someone points that out you claim that you never said that, that they need to read what you wrote, that you say things about a lot of places, everyone else is just tribal, etc.
TAMU

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »
Exactly I said all things COULD be true. I didn't say it was true. You need to read what I wrote. You're assuming things I didn't say.

We don't. If you haven't figured it out yet, I am still trolling you. Of course I said the Cardinals blow. I didn't actually say it but it was clear what I meant when I joined in on Uncle Rico's trolling, because it is possible to make accurate inferences about what people mean even if their words don't say it exactly, which you just did. But this is what you do, all the time. It's very clear from all of your posts what your opinions are about St. Louis. But every time someone points that out you claim that you never said that, that they need to read what you wrote, that you say things about a lot of places, everyone else is just tribal, etc.

That's a lot of.posts, words, denials, projection and gaslighting in one thread, off topic.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2021, 10:52:29 PM »
I’m pretty open minded and maybe you’ll be proven right. But St Thomas?  What the hell are you guys talking about?  They need to prove it at a D 1 level first.  The Minnesota/St Thomas people seem to be getting out in front of their skis a bit.

Just based upon comments my buddy in the Twin Cities has said about St Thomas grads, they think the BE is only the start for them. After a few years dominating us, Big Ten, then a combination of Ivy League and Big Ten, the school is just that epic.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2021, 10:57:34 PM »
I’m feeling way more optimistic about the Zags in the Big East than ever before and think it’s more likely than not

Gonzaga is not happening. They don’t want it, most BE schools don’t want it. The primary reasons being the time zone issues, and all other sports besides MBB.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2021, 05:35:53 AM »
Just based upon comments my buddy in the Twin Cities has said about St Thomas grads, they think the BE is only the start for them. After a few years dominating us, Big Ten, then a combination of Ivy League and Big Ten, the school is just that epic.

For you posters who have been around wayyyyyy to long ......

Trevor Mbakwe fears St. Thomas.    His transfer to Minnesota was his back up school.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »
For you posters who have been around wayyyyyy to long ......

Trevor Mbakwe fears St. Thomas.    His transfer to Minnesota was his back up school.

Should Trevor Mbakwe fear St. Louis though?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2021, 06:27:30 AM »
He laughs contemptuously at the Billikens.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2021, 06:57:10 AM »
That's a lot of.posts, words, denials, projection and gaslighting in one thread, off topic.

Shoot, you are the one who held onto an offhanded joking comment from a month ago about a completely different topic and introduced it into this thread and are now complaining about it being discussed. If you don't want a tangent discussed, don't create it and don't add to the conversation about the tangent.
TAMU

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2021, 07:42:29 AM »
Defending the honor of everything St. Louis on Scoop is a tireless task.  You can't blame him for getting confused.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2021, 08:18:01 AM »
Shoot, you are the one who held onto an offhanded joking comment from a month ago about a completely different topic and introduced it into this thread and are now complaining about it being discussed. If you don't want a tangent discussed, don't create it and don't add to the conversation about the tangent.

You keep projecting and gaslighting. You took part of a post here in this thread, and you kept it going and going.

I wasn’t on the board for a while. When you click on a thread, it takes you to the most recent post. Places don’t bother me for trivial reasons. But apparently one lives rent free on the minds of some others here.

Lost of course is the overall point that one get out of posts and threads what you puts into them.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2021, 08:36:38 AM »
Defending the honor of everything St. Louis on Scoop is a tireless task.  You can't blame him for getting confused.

This is the conference realignment thread.

It’s the same 20% of posters that do the 80% of posting that troll places and things that scare them. Rinse repeat. It must be exhausting to follow me around to troll, because places don’t bother me. But as pointed out, for some it goes back 15 years. For others such as this example, dozens and dozens of posts when I wasn’t even around. The same places and schools will live rent free into the minds of others long after I’m gone.

Other places and other schools don’t bother me for trivial reasons.

I post on the topics in the threads, a wide variety of topics and threads, just as I did this one. Several troll posters stopped by to hijack the thread. That says more about those people than me. And so it goes.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2021, 08:41:46 AM »
SLU is making a major announcement on Tuesday per Twitter.

I didn’t see this post earlier. It’s expected to be an athletics facilities expansion announcement.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:43:30 AM by shoothoops »

• All American
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2021, 08:42:06 AM »
This is the conference realignment thread.

It’s the same 20% of posters that do the 80% of posting that troll places and things that scare them. Rinse repeat. It must be exhausting to follow me around to troll, because places don’t bother me. But as pointed out, for some it goes back 15 years. For others such as this example, dozens and dozens of posts when I wasn’t even around. The same places and schools will live rent free into the minds of others long after I’m gone.

Other places and other schools don’t bother me for trivial reasons.

I post on the topics in the threads, a wide variety of topics and threads, just as I did this one. Several troll posters stopped by to hijack the thread. That says more about those people than me. And so it goes.

You brought up TAMU's post on another topic entirely.  You brought up Marquette's recent basketball history even though it is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

If you would have simply stuck to your long-winded advocacy of SLU, you would have been completely on-topic.  But you chose not to and are now blaming others for taking it off topic.

Very strange.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:44 AM »

You brought up TAMU's post on another topic entirely.  You brought up Marquette's recent basketball history even though it is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

If you would have simply stuck to your long-winded advocacy of SLU, you would have been completely on-topic.  But you chose not to and are now blaming others for taking it off topic.

Very strange.

If you would have read my post carefully, you would have seen all of the positives and challenges listed. But people see what they want to see.

I mentioned TAMU Eagle’s trolling of the same location to point out that his post in this thread would lead to a more effective discussion than his tribal trolling of the same place in the other thread. He of course made the post, not me.

I brought up Marquette’s recent basketball history, because for some, recent basketball on court results matter in conference realignment talks. Would Butler have received an invite if they didn’t have the 2 Final Fours a few years prior? How are schools not in the league doing compared to schools in the league. That is one part of many parts, yes.

You then followed up saying that wasn’t something that bothered you. Clearly it did because you’ve now brought it up several times. It would have been easy to simply discuss the other parts of the post instead. That would have been fine by me. I wouldn’t have cared.

• All American
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
If you would have read my post carefully, you would have seen all of the positives and challenges listed. But people see what they want to see.

I mentioned TAMU Eagle’s trolling of the same location to point out that his post in this thread would lead to a more effective discussion than his tribal trolling of the same place in the other thread. He of course made the post, not me.

I brought up Marquette’s recent basketball history, because for some, recent basketball on court results matter in conference realignment talks. Would Butler have received an invite if they didn’t have the 2 Final Fours a few years prior? How are schools not in the league doing compared to schools in the league. That is one part of many parts, yes.

You then followed up saying that wasn’t something that bothered you. Clearly it did because you’ve now brought it up several times. It would have been easy to simply discuss the other parts of the post instead. That would have been fine by me. I wouldn’t have cared.

I keep bringing it up because I am mocking you and making fun of you.  And you keep replying!

So satisfying on a Monday morning.

BTW, the Gateway Arch is completely overrated.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2021, 09:10:05 AM »

I keep bringing it up because I am mocking you and making fun of you.  And you keep replying!

So satisfying on a Monday morning.

BTW, the Gateway Arch is completely overrated.

You’re projecting. You are taking something that bothers you and placing on someone else.

That’s the thing. St. Louis the place, the Arch, SLU basketball, Yadier Molina etc…none of those things bother me. Notre Dame, (for the blue hairs) U Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Chicago etc…none of those places, people or things bother me in any way. So when people troll those people, places, and things, that repeats the frustration cycle for themselves, not the other person. I’m happy to discuss any of those above topics, as well as others, and I do in those threads too. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:19:49 AM by shoothoops »

feedback