[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 181481 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #2950 on: June 21, 2022, 09:41:13 AM »
Very sad news.  Caleb Swanigan dead at 25 yrs old.

Natural causes at 25 is pretty uncommon. Not impossible he could've had a stroke, undiagnosed heart condition, or other condition, but definitely something you don't see every day in a highly trained athlete, even near seven-footers.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2951 on: June 21, 2022, 09:42:15 AM »
Natural causes at 25 is pretty uncommon. Not impossible he could've had a stroke, undiagnosed heart condition, or other condition, but definitely something you don't see every day in a highly trained athlete, even near seven-footers.

Yea it was surprising and sad to hear that as a cause.  He has had weight issues in the past, wonder if he ballooned since leaving the Blazers?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2952 on: June 21, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »
Yea it was surprising and sad to hear that as a cause.  He has had weight issues in the past, wonder if he ballooned since leaving the Blazers?

He had.  There are some photos circulating of him.  May have been other issues at play as well
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2953 on: June 21, 2022, 09:49:44 AM »
Curry's size and defensive liabilities are the biggest reason I can see leaving him outside (no pun intended) the top 10..  But I also think you can make an argument that offensively, because of the way the game is played today, he's as impactful as any player on this list with the exception of Jordan.  And what makes him most unique among this particular group is he can score with the ball going 94 feet, off the dribble as well in the half-court, and off the ball running all day around screens.

His endurance is remarkable and he also changes the geometry of the floor unlike these other guys.  Because of his presence guys get much easier opportunities.  No one can score on this list with the variety of shots or spots on the court like Curry.  And he also has that sweet tommy-gun release and "you must be joking" range combined with a myriad of floaters.  He's the most skilled overall offensive player I've ever seen and this "best shooter" narrative is frankly underselling his greatness.

All reasonable. Of course, anybody can make a case for any of the 10-15 best players ever that they belong among the top few.

For example ...

Wilt changed the game. Endurance? He once averaged MORE than 48 minutes per game and averaged 46 mpg for his career. He never averaged fewer than 42 mpg, and he only had one season in which an injury caused him to miss multiple games.

He also averaged more than 50 ppg one season, which is effen insane. His averaged 23 rebounds per game. He (and Russell) had more blocked shots than any of the alleged record-holders but unfortunately that wasn't an official stat when he played. During the 1966-67 and 1967-68 seasons he averaged 8 assists per game. He was practically track-star fast and he could soar. He couldn't shoot beyond 3 feet, but otherwise had no flaws.

A case could be made that he impacted the game more than any player ever and that he had more individual success within his own era than any player ever.

Then again, despite all that talent, he could only lead his teams to 2 NBA titles. Russell averaged more rebounds, probably more blocks, and was the unquestioned leader of a team that won 11 NBA titles, including 2 when he was the player/coach. For many of those championships, his Celtics beat Wilt's team. And what's more important than how a player influences his team's ability to win titles?

We could do this all day. Curry's one of the greatest players ever. I'd think he'd be pretty proud and satisfied with that statement.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2954 on: June 21, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »

I’m as close to 6’7” as Caleb was to 7’   :)  but your point is well taken.

Very sad news.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2955 on: June 21, 2022, 01:47:31 PM »
The more I hear about Keegan Murray the more I'm thinking he will be a much better player than Davis.  He may be the best player in this draft right now.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2956 on: June 21, 2022, 02:07:20 PM »
The more I hear about Keegan Murray the more I'm thinking he will be a much better player than Davis.  He may be the best player in this draft right now.

No. He should go 5-6 which is where he belongs. Will be a solid NBA player for a long time - maybe a comparable career to a guy like Al Horford.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2957 on: June 21, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »
No. He should go 5-6 which is where he belongs. Will be a solid NBA player for a long time - maybe a comparable career to a guy like Al Horford.

He's really smooth Jockey.  And can play multiple positions.  I think he could be sort of like Mikail Bridges defensively. He also by all accounts is a tremendous young man off the floor.  I'm not saying he has the highest upside in the draft but I think he's ready to play now.  Holmgren clearly has the most upside but imo he's the greatest risk.  I have really no idea what to make of Smith because I probably saw him twice. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2958 on: June 21, 2022, 03:11:59 PM »
He's really smooth Jockey.  And can play multiple positions.  I think he could be sort of like Mikail Bridges defensively. He also by all accounts is a tremendous young man off the floor.  I'm not saying he has the highest upside in the draft but I think he's ready to play now.  Holmgren clearly has the most upside but imo he's the greatest risk.  I have really no idea what to make of Smith because I probably saw him twice.

Love the enthusiasm but maybe don't project someone as the best player in the draft, citing their off the court character, quickly followed by admitting you've barely seen the top prospect in the draft.

Murray is very good, way better prospect than Davis, but he has some finishing to do, isn't a passable NBA defender at this point.  And he's still barely removed from a average at best freshman after not being a highly touted recruit.  For comparison, another non highly touted recruit who blew up and left after his sophomore season, Ja Morant, averaged 13/6/6 and was first team OVC as a freshman.  His ceiling is very high, but he's still fairly unproven.

Jabari Smith is everything you want in a #1 on paper.  Highly touted recruit who came in and was a stud for a top 5 team.  Shoots incredibly well from deep, manages his size well, and he's the son of an NBA veteran who can aid in guidance.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2959 on: June 21, 2022, 04:44:15 PM »
Who are the Bucks targeting?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2960 on: June 21, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »

Joey Hauser

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2961 on: June 21, 2022, 04:55:13 PM »
Joey Hauser

LOL.

They could use a back-up PG and Allen was brutal vs Boston.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2962 on: June 21, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
LOL.

They could use a back-up PG and Allen was brutal vs Boston.

Whoever they draft will almost certainly make little to no impact

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2963 on: June 21, 2022, 04:58:57 PM »
Whoever they draft will almost certainly make little to no impact

Probably but occasionally you can find an immediate impact guy. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2964 on: June 21, 2022, 05:41:10 PM »

I would hope Liddell if he’s available- otherwise see Rico’s comment.

I don’t wanna see some 19 year old project.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2965 on: June 21, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
So, you're rulin' out Baldwin. How 'bout Kessler or Jovic, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2966 on: June 21, 2022, 07:15:14 PM »
I would hope Liddell if he’s available- otherwise see Rico’s comment.

I don’t wanna see some 19 year old project.

Actually, thats exactly who the Bucks should be looking at.  They need an impact vet contributor in the offseason, but going into 23-23, Portis, Lopez, Connaughton, and Hill all come off the books.  If they can get a decent young prospect (not another DJ Wilson), they can bring him along slower and have him be ready to contribute without the cap hit of a veteran.  Thats what the Warriors did with Jordan Poole.  Hell, they had 2 top 15 picks playing spot minutes this year, not including Wiseman.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2967 on: June 21, 2022, 08:39:55 PM »
Actually, thats exactly who the Bucks should be looking at.  They need an impact vet contributor in the offseason, but going into 23-23, Portis, Lopez, Connaughton, and Hill all come off the books.  If they can get a decent young prospect (not another DJ Wilson), they can bring him along slower and have him be ready to contribute without the cap hit of a veteran.  Thats what the Warriors did with Jordan Poole.  Hell, they had 2 top 15 picks playing spot minutes this year, not including Wiseman.

That might be a good strategy for some teams ands has been successful for some, as well.

But as long as Bud is coach, it's a bad idea for milwaukee. He likes vets and does not have a history of developing players.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2968 on: June 21, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »
That might be a good strategy for some teams ands has been successful for some, as well.

But as long as Bud is coach, it's a bad idea for milwaukee. He likes vets and does not have a history of developing players.

Thats fair.  Probably wishful thinking with Bud

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2969 on: June 21, 2022, 09:00:08 PM »
Kyrie to the Bucks? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2970 on: June 21, 2022, 09:05:23 PM »
Kyrie to the Bucks?

Says who? And for what?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2971 on: June 21, 2022, 09:11:06 PM »
Says who? And for what?

t read a few silly rumors.  I think it would be insane to offer either Holiday or Middleton for him.  You can't trust that guy.  Apparently in 2017 the Bucks offered Brogdan and Middleton for Kyrie. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2972 on: June 21, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »
t read a few silly rumors.  I think it would be insane to offer either Holiday or Middleton for him.  You can't trust that guy.  Apparently in 2017 the Bucks offered Brogdan and Middleton for Kyrie.

It would be absurd. The Bucks would’ve repeated had Middleton stayed healthy. Stay the course, add a solid offensive wing or backup point guard with the MLE, and rely on the best player in the world putting you in a spot to win a title again.

Only moves I’d make if I were the Bucks would be if you can package Grayson and 24 (and Hill if needed for salary purposes) to upgrade the starting 2/3. If you can package that for Harrison Barnes I’m all for it. But I see no trades you can make worth giving up Middleton or Jrue.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2973 on: June 21, 2022, 09:33:04 PM »
It would be absurd. The Bucks would’ve repeated had Middleton stayed healthy. Stay the course, add a solid offensive wing or backup point guard with the MLE, and rely on the best player in the world putting you in a spot to win a title again.

Only moves I’d make if I were the Bucks would be if you can package Grayson and 24 (and Hill if needed for salary purposes) to upgrade the starting 2/3. If you can package that for Harrison Barnes I’m all for it. But I see no trades you can make worth giving up Middleton or Jrue.

The Bucks may have won with Middleton but their outside shooting seemed inconsistent to me this year.  Allen was a major disappointment and the Ibaka trade didn't pan out.  The Barnes idea is a good one.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2974 on: June 21, 2022, 09:37:30 PM »

Supposedly the Bucks were trying to get Kyrie when he went to the Cs.  Obviously a lot has changed since then.

Would love Harrison Barnes.

feedback