collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 181211 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #1825 on: May 01, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »
Da reel question heer iz watt made Poole sew good and y kouldant Woj keep the dude at hom, hey?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:00:49 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1826 on: May 01, 2022, 05:51:44 PM »
Da reel question heer iz watt made Poole sew good and y kouldant Woj kkep did dude at hom, hey?

Poole didn’t stay home in high school, finishing at La Lumiere.  He also took one official visit and then committed shortly thereafter to Michigan.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1827 on: May 01, 2022, 05:58:23 PM »
Ya....not sure the Grizz can overcome that.

The problem for the Grizz is everything went their way. Huge games from Morant and Jackson.

If you told me Curry and Klay would go 14-39, and Green was ejected in the 1st half. I'd have Memphis by double digits.

Not sure things go as well again for them this series.

But it shows how dangerous GSW can be with Poole now as a third head of the monster.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1828 on: May 01, 2022, 06:01:24 PM »
The problem for the Grizz is everything went their way. Huge games from Morant and Jackson.

If you told me Curry and Klay would go 14-39, and Green was ejected in the 1st half. I'd have Memphis by double digits.

Not sure things go as well again for them this series.

But it shows how dangerous GSW can be with Poole now as a third head of the monster.

Absolutely.  He appears to be the real deal.  Tremendous shooter with supreme blow by speed off the dribble.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1829 on: May 01, 2022, 06:01:40 PM »
Sew UM paid more NIL scratch, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1830 on: May 01, 2022, 06:01:54 PM »

Yeah they didn't show that second view until after.  Pretty obvious after seeing that.

I didn't see the game so I just checked the replay. That was an F-2 eight days out of the week. The accidental hand to the face is a normal F-1 call, but grabbing a jersey to pull a guy to the ground is an easy F-2 call. It is NOT a basketball play.

It was both "unnecessary and excessive", which is the literal definition of an F-2.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:04:56 PM by Jockey »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1831 on: May 01, 2022, 06:35:01 PM »

I didn't see the game so I just checked the replay. That was an F-2 eight days out of the week. The accidental hand to the face is a normal F-1 call, but grabbing a jersey to pull a guy to the ground is an easy F-2 call. It is NOT a basketball play.

It was both "unnecessary and excessive", which is the literal definition of an F-2.

So a jersey grab is an auto F-2 now?  I didn't think that was the case.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1832 on: May 01, 2022, 06:36:51 PM »
So a jersey grab is an auto F-2 now?  I didn't think that was the case.

No.  It was how Draymond swung, that he hit him in the face, grabbed his jersey and pulled him down.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1833 on: May 01, 2022, 06:50:47 PM »
I didn't.  think the hit to the head was an F2.

Pulling someone to the ground by the jersey is.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1834 on: May 01, 2022, 06:51:38 PM »
No.  It was how Draymond swung, that he hit him in the face, grabbed his jersey and pulled him down.

I'm not a Draymond Stan, but I thought he got jersey, realized what was happening, and prevented a much worse spill

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1835 on: May 01, 2022, 07:03:26 PM »
I'm not a Draymond Stan, but I thought he got jersey, realized what was happening, and prevented a much worse spill

That's how I saw it too. But the rules don't really allow for refs to read into the action.

I do think there needs to be some examination of the flagrant rules, and the latitude given to the replay officials. There are a lot of basketball plays that get upgraded because it looks worse in slow motion.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1836 on: May 01, 2022, 07:05:13 PM »
How does Klay miss 2 FTs there.

And Steph bricked the most wide-open 3 he's probably had in two months.

Which makes them ... I don't know ... human?

But hey, Klay hit the huge 3 to put GS ahead to stay, and Steph made a great defensive play on Ja to preserve the win. Great players so often find a way.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1837 on: May 01, 2022, 08:10:55 PM »

But hey, Klay hit the huge 3 to put GS ahead to stay, and Steph made a great defensive play on Ja to preserve the win. Great players so often find a way.

I think Jenkins made a mistake waiting to get Ja back in the game in the 4th.  I also though Melton played too many mins over Bane even though he played well. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1838 on: May 01, 2022, 08:41:52 PM »
I think Jenkins made a mistake waiting to get Ja back in the game in the 4th.  I also though Melton played too many mins over Bane even though he played well.

Maybe. We’ll never know.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1839 on: May 01, 2022, 08:54:36 PM »
Maybe. We’ll never know.

If I was Jenkins I would pound it inside and attack the paint much more regularly.  Brooks and Bane had rough performances but this is a very talented team.  Morant can get a decent look at will.  You establish the interior and play more inside out. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1840 on: May 01, 2022, 09:11:08 PM »
But that is not the modern game and you can only trade 3 for 2 so often before you lose.

When is the last time you saw an NBA team consistently run a post up game, a la Ewing or Olajuwon?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1841 on: May 01, 2022, 09:26:14 PM »
That's how I saw it too. But the rules don't really allow for refs to read into the action.

I do think there needs to be some examination of the flagrant rules, and the latitude given to the replay officials. There are a lot of basketball plays that get upgraded because it looks worse in slow motion.

I think there is.  Cause its a judgement call reviewed by replay.  Many smart people in the basketball social media space called it a reputation ejection, including Draymond himself after the game, which is just lame. 

Especially since, as mentioned, Chris Paul has a reputation for being dirty and he's gotten away with far worse in the playoffs.

For me the most egregious call was the OOB off Memphis late in the game that they never reviewed and just called a jump.  Baffling. 

But hell of a defensive stand against Morant by Curry and then Klay late.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1842 on: May 01, 2022, 09:36:13 PM »

Agreed all around.

The above is why what makes all these guys great isn't just the physical, but the mental aspect of the game. They are great at just letting things go and on to the next big play.

I need to get better at that in life.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1843 on: May 01, 2022, 09:37:23 PM »
But that is not the modern game and you can only trade 3 for 2 so often before you lose.

When is the last time you saw an NBA team consistently run a post up game, a la Ewing or Olajuwon?

You're right Tower but I disagree with the idea that you shouldn't capitalize on a clear advantage.  Duncan and Shaq played in the post.  I understand taking tons of threes but if you can establish the interior those triples become far easier.  If Golden State is playing Green at the 5 there's zero reason a good post player can't dominate that match-up.  Imagine Green trying to guard Shaq?  There's nothing wrong with eviscerating teams inside.   
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:39:49 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1844 on: May 01, 2022, 10:08:42 PM »
You're right Tower but I disagree with the idea that you shouldn't capitalize on a clear advantage.  Duncan and Shaq played in the post.  I understand taking tons of threes but if you can establish the interior those triples become far easier.  If Golden State is playing Green at the 5 there's zero reason a good post player can't dominate that match-up.  Imagine Green trying to guard Shaq?  There's nothing wrong with eviscerating teams inside.

In the 1996 Eastern Conference Finals, the Bulls often used Rodman to defend Shaq. He did a heck of a job, and took both Shaq and the Magic out of their games. Rodman got in Shaq's head, too.

Defensively, Green is pretty similar to Rodman -- tough, smart, aggressive, irritating, knows how to use his lower body for leverage.

So there are reasons a good post won't dominate him ... and there aren't any Shaqs or Duncans walking through that door, anyway.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1845 on: May 01, 2022, 10:39:54 PM »
In the 1996 Eastern Conference Finals, the Bulls often used Rodman to defend Shaq. He did a heck of a job, and took both Shaq and the Magic out of their games. Rodman got in Shaq's head, too.

Defensively, Green is pretty similar to Rodman -- tough, smart, aggressive, irritating, knows how to use his lower body for leverage.

So there are reasons a good post won't dominate him ... and there aren't any Shaqs or Duncans walking through that door, anyway.

I was pretty young but Rodman was a total freak of nature.  Phil Jackson has said he's the greatest athlete he ever coached.  Green is a heck of a player but I would not compare him to Rodman. Shaq was also a very young player during that stretch.  He would frankly obliterate Draymond Green and it would be ugly. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1846 on: May 01, 2022, 10:47:27 PM »
I was pretty young but Rodman was a total freak of nature.  Phil Jackson has said he's the greatest athlete he ever coached.  Green is a heck of a player but I would not compare him to Rodman. Shaq was also a very young player during that stretch.  He would frankly obliterate Draymond Green and it would be ugly.

Green once admitted that "Shaq would've f--king murdered me on the block," while also saying that him and Curry would have eviscerated Shaq in the pick and roll.

It would have been an interesting matchup, but likely would have just turned into trading 2's (Shaq) for 3's (Curry), with reserves using 18 fouls to make Shaq miss FTs.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1847 on: May 01, 2022, 11:04:53 PM »
Green once admitted that "Shaq would've f--king murdered me on the block," while also saying that him and Curry would have eviscerated Shaq in the pick and roll.

It would have been an interesting matchup, but likely would have just turned into trading 2's (Shaq) for 3's (Curry), with reserves using 18 fouls to make Shaq miss FTs.

I felt Shaq was treated unfairly after he starting carving dudes to shreds.  He'd get hacked constantly, while at the same time was called for a lot of touch fouls.  It's not entirely analogous to Giannis, but to a degree he gets hammered consistently as well with a questionable whistle. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 11:26:14 PM by MuggsyB »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1848 on: May 01, 2022, 11:21:57 PM »
There is no Shaq in the NBA anymore.  Ben Wallace was not bigger than Draymond.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1849 on: May 01, 2022, 11:27:11 PM »
There is no Shaq in the NBA anymore.  Ben Wallace was not bigger than Draymond.

True. Shaq is in my top 10. 

feedback