[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 181762 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #1200 on: April 05, 2022, 09:26:17 PM »
Bulls really should’ve just added an athletic rim protector instead of Vuc. I know they didn’t know they’d have DeRozan, and Vuc helps open the court for the mid range, but they’d have something with some rim protection.

As it is I’d be looking to the future and building around Patrick Williams. He is good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1201 on: April 05, 2022, 10:12:36 PM »
There goes that Vucevic! I have not seen a violent act like that in years!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1202 on: April 05, 2022, 10:43:55 PM »
The Lakers are 24 mins away from being eliminated from the playoffs.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1203 on: April 05, 2022, 11:25:59 PM »
The Lakers are 24 mins away from being eliminated from the playoffs.

And in crunch time with the season on the line Lebron is absent, because of a sore ankle.

The man built a crappy team, didn't adapt his game to the team he created, and when the season was on the line...sat.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1204 on: April 05, 2022, 11:38:29 PM »
Adios Lakers, enjoy the banana boat.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1205 on: April 05, 2022, 11:41:20 PM »
And in crunch time with the season on the line Lebron is absent, because of a sore ankle.

The man built a crappy team, didn't adapt his game to the team he created, and when the season was on the line...sat.

Didn't he want Westbrook instead of DeRozan? 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1206 on: April 05, 2022, 11:41:58 PM »
Didn't he want Westbrook instead of DeRozan?

He did.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1207 on: April 05, 2022, 11:43:49 PM »
I'm a LeBron fan ... but he really orchestrated a shyte-show here.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1208 on: April 05, 2022, 11:49:17 PM »

Not good if you don't make the "playoffs" with 10 teams per conference. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1209 on: April 05, 2022, 11:51:58 PM »
And the Pelicans are gonna get their top-10 pick next year

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1210 on: April 05, 2022, 11:53:20 PM »
I don't think the Lakers can really do much moving forward unless they trade Davis?  Could they cut Westbrook and get out of his contract?   He's clearly not tradeable.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1211 on: April 06, 2022, 12:03:32 AM »
I don't think the Lakers can really do much moving forward unless they trade Davis?  Could they cut Westbrook and get out of his contract?   He's clearly not tradeable.

They’ll hang onto it for one more season and hope to god AD stays healthy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1212 on: April 06, 2022, 03:37:28 AM »

Peddle hiz ass, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1213 on: April 06, 2022, 05:10:16 AM »
Thought I heard Westbrook has a $47 million player option for next year. He ain't goin nowhere.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1214 on: April 06, 2022, 08:10:42 AM »
Peddle hiz ass, aina?

Well done, Doc. This time you actually want to peddle the ass of a guy who's not quite what he was on a team going nowhere. That's a refreshing change from when you wanted to peddle the ass of an ascending superstar on a championship-caliber team, nu?

Oh, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if LeBron's playing elsewhere next season. Not sure whether that will be mainly his decision, the Lakers' decision, or both. Back to Cleveland, perhaps?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1215 on: April 06, 2022, 09:26:35 AM »
They’ll hang onto it for one more season and hope to god AD stays healthy.

Wait till next year.  If AD or anyone isn't healthy, Lebron will manufacture ways to play only 30-40 games and save himself for 2023-2024 playing in Cleveland or NYC or somewhere.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1216 on: April 06, 2022, 09:35:54 AM »

Peddle hiz ass, aina?

don't think lew wants him on his team anymore, no?  hope he didn't hurt his self back pedaling however...gotta go along to get along, eyn'er?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1217 on: April 06, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »
Wait till next year.  If AD or anyone isn't healthy, Lebron will manufacture ways to play only 30-40 games and save himself for 2023-2024 playing in Cleveland or NYC or somewhere.

Did Wades hijack your account to get in another cheap shot at LeBron? If what you say is true, why didn't he do that this year?

Instead, he is out on the floor more minutes per game than every single player in the NBA except for Siakim & Van Vleet. And that is your is your rational for saying he will dog it next year. Sad. He is also not only on the floor, but he is putting up MVP-type numbers.

Yup. Sounds like a quitter to me. I don't even know if QAnon could come up with a sillier concept.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1218 on: April 06, 2022, 01:25:12 PM »
Did Wades hijack your account to get in another cheap shot at LeBron? If what you say is true, why didn't he do that this year?

Instead, he is out on the floor more minutes per game than every single player in the NBA except for Siakim & Van Vleet. And that is your is your rational for saying he will dog it next year. Sad. He is also not only on the floor, but he is putting up MVP-type numbers.

Yup. Sounds like a quitter to me. I don't even know if QAnon could come up with a sillier concept.

Why didn't he do it this year?  After he made moves to get Westbrook and reshape the team?  They were in playoff contention all through Feb and March.  Of course he wouldn't bail then.  And everyone else near him in MPG leads has played 10+ games more than him.  He's not even top 50 in the league in minutes played. And save me the MVP talk.  His advanced stats...VORP, Win Shares, etc... are all well behind anyone else in the MVP discussion.  He's put up empty stats on a bad team.

Look at 2018-2019 season.  There was no significant injury.  Just Lebron deciding to take off plenty of games on a bad team going nowhere while he waiting for the offseason to get AD.

Plays 40 min a game and scores 38/39 in 2 games against the Pelicans.  But sits out games against good teams like the Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, and Jazz with the season literally on the line due to his "sore ankle"...ok.  Keep carrying his water

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1219 on: April 06, 2022, 01:45:16 PM »
Why didn't he do it this year?  After he made moves to get Westbrook and reshape the team?  They were in playoff contention all through Feb and March.  Of course he wouldn't bail then.  And everyone else near him in MPG leads has played 10+ games more than him.  He's not even top 50 in the league in minutes played. And save me the MVP talk.  His advanced stats...VORP, Win Shares, etc... are all well behind anyone else in the MVP discussion.  He's put up empty stats on a bad team.

Look at 2018-2019 season.  There was no significant injury.  Just Lebron deciding to take off plenty of games on a bad team going nowhere while he waiting for the offseason to get AD.

Plays 40 min a game and scores 38/39 in 2 games against the Pelicans.  But sits out games against good teams like the Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, and Jazz with the season literally on the line due to his "sore ankle"...ok.  Keep carrying his water

Pretty pathetic reply. He has played more minutes in the last decade than any other player in the NBA. And most of those games he was in his 30s. Sounds like a guy that’s a quitter, huh?

You should be ashamed. You can’t attack him for his play, so you attack his integrity. Good job, Laura.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 01:54:13 PM by Jockey »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1220 on: April 06, 2022, 01:52:06 PM »
Pretty pathetic reply.

Stats and facts to counter your statements are pretty pathetic, for suuurrreee.  Lacked punchy winners like "QAnon" and a bunch of qualitative fluff.  Sorry that I lack your superior infallible eye test capabilities

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1221 on: April 06, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »

I mean, he's also 37 years old.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1222 on: April 06, 2022, 05:11:02 PM »
It 's difficult for me to understand why Lebron wanted to team up with Westbrook.  I and others here predicted it would be a disaster because it's a terrible fit.  It's even worse than I imagined because Westbrook doesn’t play any defense.  I can't figure out why that's the case with his athleticism.  Anyway, I know the guy is a 1st ballot hall of famer but I honestly think he's a liability right now even with some good stats.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1223 on: April 06, 2022, 08:18:39 PM »
It 's difficult for me to understand why Lebron wanted to team up with Westbrook.  I and others here predicted it would be a disaster because it's a terrible fit.  It's even worse than I imagined because Westbrook doesn’t play any defense.  I can't figure out why that's the case with his athleticism.  Anyway, I know the guy is a 1st ballot hall of famer but I honestly think he's a liability right now even with some good stats.

That was never going to work. Westbrook is an amazing player, but he is a playmaker. He needs the ball in his hands.

Lebron always will dominate the ball. Pound it into the ground for 15 seconds then either shoot, or pass at the end of the shot clock...meaning he scores, gets an assist, or they miss/TO. His game design means he will always get his offensive stats.

He doesn't work with players that do best with the ball in their hands (e.g. Westbrook/Davis). But Westbrook is an extreme case. Westbrook's game is predicated on him being a playmaker, which means he has no value paired up with Lebron on the court at the same time.

In my opinion, Lebron drags the team down as much as Westbrook does. Swap Steph Curry and Lebron, and the Lakers (with Steph are in the playoffs), and Lebron with the warriors would have been a sub .500 team (until Klay came back...Klay is a type of player that pairs well with Lebron). I think much of the problem is Lebron doesn't understand the type of player he needs next to him.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 10:51:41 PM by forgetful »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1224 on: April 06, 2022, 09:27:12 PM »
That was never going to work. Westbrook is an amazing player, but he is a playmaker. He needs the ball in his hands.

Lebron always will dominate the ball. Pound it into the ground for 15 seconds then either shoot, or pass at the end of the shot clock...meaning he scores, gets an assist, or they miss/TO. His game design means he will always get his offensive stats.

He doesn't work with players that do best with the ball in their hands (e.g. Westbrook/Davis). But Westbrook is an extreme case. Westbrook's game is predicated on him being a playmaker, which means he has no value paired up with Lebron on the court at the same time.

In my opinion, Lebron drags the team down as much as Westbrook does. Swap Steph Curry and Lebron, and the Lakers (with Steph are in the playoffs), and Lebron with the warriors would have been a sub .500 team (until Klay came back...Klay is a type of player that would pair well with Lebron). I think much of the problem is Lebron doesn't understand the type of player he needs next to him.

Westbrook may need the ball in his hands but he's never really been a #1 option than coukd take a team anywhere  Wade altered his game with Lebron but was always much more efficient than Westbrook.  It seeks like Westbrook's shot went from average to awful for some reason.