collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 182198 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #1175 on: April 02, 2022, 08:55:17 AM »
Well blame the NBA for scheduling back to backs with travel in between as part as part of a stretch where they play 4 games in 6 days. The goal of every NBA team is to make sure they are healthy for the playoffs at this point.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: April 02, 2022, 10:29:06 AM »
Getting ready to pelt me with bullets...

But I am going on record and flat out guaranteeing

If the Wolves(requires beating clips in first play In and not somehow jumping nuggs for 6 seed) play Memphis first round. They win that series.

This isnt a "it might happen" or "could happen". Wolves will be in the second round.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: April 02, 2022, 11:09:12 AM »
Getting ready to pelt me with bullets...

But I am going on record and flat out guaranteeing

If the Wolves(requires beating clips in first play In and not somehow jumping nuggs for 6 seed) play Memphis first round. They win that series.

This isnt a "it might happen" or "could happen". Wolves will be in the second round.

Disagreed. Wolves are good. Grizz are awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1178 on: April 02, 2022, 11:41:16 AM »
Giannis has not reached his ceiling imo.
 He can still improve his jump shot a lot, polish the turn around over both shoulders,  and make better decisions leading to fewer turns.  Keep in mind his stats are in 32 mins per game.  That step-back triple the other night must have terrified his future opponents.  Is it hyperbole that he has greater potential than Jordan or Lebron?  I'm starting to think the floodgates could really open the next few years for him.  Like maybe:  38 ppg, 15 rebs, 8 dimes on 59% shooting, 35% from distance, 75% FTP.  I think this is definitely doable.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: April 02, 2022, 02:41:06 PM »
 He can still improve his jump shot a lot, polish the turn around over both shoulders,  and make better decisions leading to fewer turns.  Keep in mind his stats are in 32 mins per game.  That step-back triple the other night must have terrified his future opponents.  Is it hyperbole that he has greater potential than Jordan or Lebron?  I'm starting to think the floodgates could really open the next few years for him.  Like maybe:  38 ppg, 15 rebs, 8 dimes on 59% shooting, 35% from distance, 75% FTP.  I think this is definitely doable.

There is no way he averages those numbers or shoots that well from 3. His numbers will probably hover around what they are this year, but he’ll polish the jumper but go to the line less, turn the ball over less, etc.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: April 02, 2022, 04:41:16 PM »
There is no way he averages those numbers or shoots that well from 3. His numbers will probably hover around what they are this year, but he’ll polish the jumper but go to the line less, turn the ball over less, etc.

He should probably average a few more dimes.  I know my numbers sound gaudy but I honestly think it's doable.  Think about how dominant you have to be to average 30 with a pretty inconsistent J?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: April 02, 2022, 06:02:38 PM »

He will never lean into jumpers and 3s as a primary means of scoring. They are his least efficient shot and the key for him is that they are not liabilities to keep his drives inside unobstructed. Until his athleticism doesn't allow that, he's going to put his head down. His usage % also doesn't allow for many more assists. If you're looking for a place the assists can come from, it's cutting down on turnovers.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1182 on: April 03, 2022, 01:55:23 PM »
Should Matthews play so many mins for the Bucks?  I'm surprised he gets 25 mins.  I thought Allen was a decent defender?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: April 03, 2022, 02:04:00 PM »
Middleton missing a crazy amount of wide open shots. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: April 03, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »
This Dallas team is dangerous.  I'm not so sure they can't give Phoenix some problems.  Tons of shooters around Doncic. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: April 03, 2022, 02:27:04 PM »
Bucks with one of the worst 4th quarters I have seen from them in the last few years. Everyone looked hesitant.  Holiday played with no urgency and Middleton was terrible.  Oh well

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: April 03, 2022, 03:48:31 PM »
Bucks with one of the worst 4th quarters I have seen from them in the last few years. Everyone looked hesitant.  Holiday played with no urgency and Middleton was terrible.  Oh well

A few things I observed:

I love Matthews but he shouldn't start.  He's a defensive player for spot mins now.  They have Allen and Connaughton which should be enough at the 2G with Wes

I'm not sure Budenholzer has figured out how to use both Portis and Lopez but they can't play much together.

Middleton simply has to be a lot better for them to get the 2nd chip and on both ends of the floor. 

The Bucks are very sporadic and inconsistent defensively.  I'm not sure if this is a focus issue but they generally play in spurts.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1187 on: April 03, 2022, 03:52:29 PM »
Portis and Lopez played together all the time last year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2022, 03:58:20 PM »

They struggle on switches vs perimeter players.

Dallas is really good but I thought they defended quite poorly today as a group.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2022, 03:58:54 PM »

They did but since Lopez returned, Portis hasn’t been very good
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: April 03, 2022, 04:05:14 PM »
Miami and Dallas are probably the two teams that the Bucks match up the worst against.  But Middleton can't allow a guy like Brunson to shut him down.  He has to have at least 6 inches on him.   As far as Dallas I think you have to try to limit the spot threes and make Doncic take more shots.  He's most dangerous when he can pick apart teams with his passing. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: April 03, 2022, 06:30:57 PM »
While the Bucks were bad late today, I can’t remember seeing a “good” team more broken than the Jazz.  It’s breathtaking how badly they give up leads and in shocking fashion.  Not including a meaningless Gobert FT late, they scored 3 points in the final EIGHT minutes and blew a 16 point lead. It honestly almost looked like point shaving.

I don’t know what you do, cause Snyder is a good coach, but you kind of may have to blow it up

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: April 03, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »
While the Bucks were bad late today, I can’t remember seeing a “good” team more broken than the Jazz.  It’s breathtaking how badly they give up leads and in shocking fashion.  Not including a meaningless Gobert FT late, they scored 3 points in the final EIGHT minutes and blew a 16 point lead. It honestly almost looked like point shaving.

I don’t know what you do, cause Snyder is a good coach, but you kind of may have to blow it up

Do you think Phoenix can be taken out in the West?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: April 04, 2022, 02:09:55 PM »
Simmons and Rusillo are doing a "draft" on players they imagine will not be on their current teams next year.  They have Donovan Mitchell as 1, then Jimmy Butler as 2.  Others include Randal with the Knicks, Zion, and Ayton.

Don't see Zion happening.  I could see the others happening.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: April 04, 2022, 02:32:20 PM »
Simmons and Rusillo are doing a "draft" on players they imagine will not be on their current teams next year.  They have Donovan Mitchell as 1, then Jimmy Butler as 2.  Others include Randal with the Knicks, Zion, and Ayton.

Simmons is a great basketball fan and has a great knowledge about the history of the game.  But when it comes to any "GM" type stuff, he's pretty clueless and just spouts ill-informed hot takes.

Of that list, Mitchell and Randall are stars on sh*t-show teams.  Zion has injury issues and is also on a bad team that may want value from him.  And Ayton is a FA.

They just threw Butler in there to be spicy cause of the Haslem dust up.  He's having an excellent season for the 1 seed in the East.  He's not going anywhere just cause you hate him and some loudmouth podcaster thinks he will.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1195 on: April 04, 2022, 04:31:56 PM »

That list should start with Gobert and it's not close. Donovan Mitchell refuses to pass to the guy.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: April 05, 2022, 07:24:48 PM »
I guess Embiid is going for the MVP.  29pts at the half.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: April 05, 2022, 07:36:39 PM »
I guess Embiid is going for the MVP. scoring title 29pts at the half.
FIFY

MuggsyB

• All American

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: April 05, 2022, 09:03:34 PM »
Thank God Grayson didn’t die right on the court. Lock Vuc up for life.