[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 180724 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #750 on: January 20, 2022, 07:44:41 AM »
I expect Westbrook gone very, very, soon. 

To where though?  I mean, I would never say never with an NBA trade, but Westbrook's contract is awful and the Lakers can't give up any first rounders to incentivize someone to take that contract.  It was terrible idea from the beginning and now its playing out like many expected.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #751 on: January 20, 2022, 09:02:20 AM »
Another real good win for the Hornets on a rare ESPN appearance, winning at Boston against a Celtics team that has been playing a lot better.

I had to set up a second TV in our family room because it's too much of a hassle to toggle back and forth using streaming services. I only watched during MU-Nova timeouts.

Miles Bridges is a stud who is gonna get a major, major payday. LaMelo is incredible. And Terry Rozier is one of the NBA's most underrated players; one of the best things Kupchak has done as GM was refuse to give Kemba a max deal and then replace him with Rozier. The Hornets are too young and still need more talent so they aren't quite ready to win big, but they're a fun, entertaining, offense-first team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #752 on: January 20, 2022, 11:31:13 AM »
To where though?  I mean, I would never say never with an NBA trade, but Westbrook's contract is awful and the Lakers can't give up any first rounders to incentivize someone to take that contract.  It was terrible idea from the beginning and now its playing out like many expected.

Yea nobody is taking Westbrook and his albatross deal.  It’s kind of amusing that likely the last major deal of GM Lebron’s career will arguably be the worst

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #753 on: January 20, 2022, 12:05:16 PM »
Yea nobody is taking Westbrook and his albatross deal.  It’s kind of amusing that likely the last major deal of GM Lebron’s career will arguably be the worst

Ohhh I think that old riverboat gambler has one more deal up his sleeve

MU82

• All American
« Reply #754 on: January 20, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »
Word is that the Sixers aren't gonna do anything with Simmons this season and then will trade him to the Nets for Harden after the season.

Harden loves the Sixers' GM (who had been Houston's GM) and respects Rivers, and as a bonus it would get him away from Kyrazie Kyrie.

And Simmons would work on a Nets team that doesn't need another shooter but would benefit from a guy who defends, rebounds and gets his teammates involved.

Makes sense if it can happen.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #755 on: January 20, 2022, 02:17:51 PM »

Ya....he's not really tradeable.  Last I heard LeBron is very upset.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #756 on: January 21, 2022, 09:09:55 PM »
The only thing worse than this reffing is the Bucks shooting.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2022, 09:23:27 PM »
Bucks brought their bricks to a rock fight

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #758 on: January 21, 2022, 09:59:36 PM »
The Bucks played tonight? I thought the 2006 Pistons played at the Fiserv tonight

MU82

• All American
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2022, 12:45:48 AM »
Hard to believe but apparently true ...

According to ESPN (who no doubt got the info either from the Warriors or Elias Sports), Steph Curry's shot at the buzzer was his first game-winner ever at the final horn.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2022, 08:39:07 AM »
The Flagrant 2 from Grayson Allen last night. Mentioned in the NCAA thread, but I'll drop the video here in case others haven't seen it.

https://streamable.com/vjxu9g

MU82

• All American
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2022, 08:45:38 AM »
The Flagrant 2 from Grayson Allen last night. Mentioned in the NCAA thread, but I'll drop the video here in case others haven't seen it.

https://streamable.com/vjxu9g

Allen is an effen punk. Obviously, he should be suspended.

He's gonna need facial surgery someday because one of the guys he kicks or trips or throws down is gonna turn around and punch him in the face so hard that his nose will end up behind his head.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2022, 09:19:40 AM »
Yeah I thought the guys on the call did a good job analyzing that foul last night. The first part was a hard basketball foul but that second part with the right arm shows he has the same weird dirty instincts and temper he’s always had.  And the fact that you couldn’t script a more stereotypical guy for Allen to pull that crap with than Caruso makes him that much more unlikable.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2022, 09:44:58 AM »
Yeah I thought the guys on the call did a good job analyzing that foul last night. The first part was a hard basketball foul but that second part with the right arm shows he has the same weird dirty instincts and temper he’s always had.  And the fact that you couldn’t script a more stereotypical guy for Allen to pull that crap with than Caruso makes him that much more unlikable.

The ejection was fine - it was borderline 1 or 2, but the initial foul was hard but clearly a basketball play to block a dunk attempt. To me, that changes the light in which I view it. The 2nd arm sweep was clearly unnecessary, and if you want to eject for that, I'm fine with that. But for all of Allen's warts, I don't see an overtly dirty play here.

• All American
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2022, 10:00:13 AM »
Allen is an effen punk. Obviously, he should be suspended.

He's gonna need facial surgery someday because one of the guys he kicks or trips or throws down is gonna turn around and punch him in the face so hard that his nose will end up behind his head.

That’s not going to happen.

And it wasn’t a suspendable foul. It was borderline Flagrant 2.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #765 on: January 22, 2022, 10:02:36 AM »
Grayson Allen is an American hero
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »
Maybe the Homer in me, but I thought the second swipe was actually going for the ball too. Looks like Caruso still was going to get the shot up after the first swipe.

Then him twisting for the second swipe caused his momentum to turn Caruso and made the foul much worse. Definitely flagrant, but not sure it’s as dirty as people are making it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #767 on: January 22, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »
Grayson Allen is an American hero

My favorite Duke player ever. Saved the world of a UW national title. Forever grateful.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #768 on: January 22, 2022, 11:00:01 AM »
My favorite Duke player ever. Saved the world of a UW national title. Forever grateful.

He should be on Mt. Rushmore.  Take Jefferson down
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #769 on: January 22, 2022, 11:02:31 AM »
Maybe the Homer in me, but I thought the second swipe was actually going for the ball too. Looks like Caruso still was going to get the shot up after the first swipe.

Then him twisting for the second swipe caused his momentum to turn Caruso and made the foul much worse. Definitely flagrant, but not sure it’s as dirty as people are making it.

I’m no big Allen fan, but additionally, his eyes on on the ball pretty much the entire time. It’s mid air, weird momentum, he was reckless in his challenge, but it doesn’t look like he was headhunting.

• All American
« Reply #770 on: January 22, 2022, 11:16:57 AM »
Exactly. It was bad but I don’t think it was intentional. Flagrant 2 was fine though.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #771 on: January 22, 2022, 02:50:46 PM »
I’m no big Allen fan, but additionally, his eyes on on the ball pretty much the entire time. It’s mid air, weird momentum, he was reckless in his challenge, but it doesn’t look like he was headhunting.

It was terrible.  No need to swing that second arm around.
Caruso out 6-8 weeks. Suspend Allen now.

• All American
« Reply #772 on: January 22, 2022, 02:54:31 PM »
It was terrible.  No need to swing that second arm around.
Caruso out 6-8 weeks. Suspend Allen now.

He was going to fall just based on the initial  contact.  Suspending him would be illogical.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #773 on: January 22, 2022, 03:05:27 PM »
He was going to fall just based on the initial  contact.  Suspending him would be illogical.

Illogical is defending that play, something even the Bucks had the good sense not to do.

• All American
« Reply #774 on: January 22, 2022, 03:09:23 PM »
Illogical is defending that play, something even the Bucks had the good sense not to do.

I’m not defending the play at all.  The initial contact was a hard foul. The swing with the right arm merited a flagrant 2. A suspension would be overkill. 

feedback