[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 180564 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #550 on: November 12, 2021, 06:43:08 PM »
Woj reporting the NBA is in “advanced stages” of its investigation into tampering by the Bulls and Heat (re: Ball and Lowry sign and trades). Says they could face up to $10M fines per team, docked draft picks, and suspensions to FO employees.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #551 on: November 15, 2021, 01:46:56 PM »
Right after the Panthers crushed the team with the NFL's best record, the Hornets pulled off a nice win over the team with the NBA's best record.

I know that kind of thing is pretty common for Packers/Bucks fans, but its a rare double-double for Charlotte's pro teams.

Curry had a poor game (by his standards) and admitted later that he took too many difficult shots while "trying to go for daggers." But he still had 24 and 10 -- a bad game for the early-season MVP favorite.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2021, 05:15:45 PM »
In things that make me chuckle, the Lakers trade the farm for Westbrook.  They cheap out on Caruso who wanted to stay and even would have taken less than he got from the Bulls....

Wizards off to their best start in 50 years.  Caruso is a key part of a resurgent Bulls team...and the Lakers hover around .500

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2021, 05:22:18 PM »
In things that make me chuckle, the Lakers trade the farm for Westbrook.  They cheap out on Caruso who wanted to stay and even would have taken less than he got from the Bulls....

Wizards off to their best start in 50 years.  Caruso is a key part of a resurgent Bulls team...and the Lakers hover around .500

You hate to see it. :)

Westbrook is a team killer. What has he won?  For me, his legacy was set in game 6 of the WC Finals in 2016. The Thunder led big throughout and choked the game away as the ball stayed with Westbrook and occasionally Durant.

On Dan Patrick this morning someone mentioned a Simmons for Westbrook trade the Patrick's response was "why would the Sixers want to do that?"
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2021, 07:06:30 PM »

The Lakers schedule has been pretty weak, too. Watching the Lakers those old guys get tired legs playing for so long. I bet they put up plenty of poor 4th quarters, especially later in the season.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2021, 09:39:07 PM »
The Lakers schedule has been pretty weak, too. Watching the Lakers those old guys get tired legs playing for so long. I bet they put up plenty of poor 4th quarters, especially later in the season.

Yep.  4 of their 8 wins are against 2 of the 3 worst teams in the West.  They were a Once in a Season performance from Melo from losing to the Heat and thus being under .500 and having no wins against teams currently in the top 4 in either Conference.  Sheesh

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1460609803903016964

Maybe somewhere warmer

Now that he’s won a championship, I think the reaction would be much different if he left. I think it would have been much worse if he left summer of 2020 than now.

He strikes me as the type of guy who doesn’t want to say he will stay in Milwaukee forever and then have to walk back that statement. I respect that. I also am not too worried about the comment because it seems like he really enjoys Milwaukee and it fits in well with his lifestyle.

We will see how it goes. Now that the Bucks won, it’s much easier for me if he leaves. I do hope he stays for a long time though.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2021, 11:05:23 PM »
Curry had 37 tonight and it's the 37th time he's had 9 triples in a game. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2021, 11:14:35 PM »
Curry had 37 tonight and it's the 37th time he's had 9 triples in a game.

The kid’s got a chance to be a decent player someday.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2021, 11:27:27 PM »
Now that he’s won a championship, I think the reaction would be much different if he left. I think it would have been much worse if he left summer of 2020 than now.

He strikes me as the type of guy who doesn’t want to say he will stay in Milwaukee forever and then have to walk back that statement. I respect that. I also am not too worried about the comment because it seems like he really enjoys Milwaukee and it fits in well with his lifestyle.

We will see how it goes. Now that the Bucks won, it’s much easier for me if he leaves. I do hope he stays for a long time though.

Agreed. The dude has done literally everything there is to do on a basketball court except build a dynasty, and he's in his mid 20s. I'd start wondering what's next too.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2021, 11:32:20 PM »

He's slightly talented and skilled. Unlimited range.   3,000 is around the corner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #562 on: November 17, 2021, 12:32:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1460609803903016964

Maybe somewhere warmer

You know that quote isn't from Giannis right? It's a quote from his agent guessing at what Giannis' mindset might be if the Bucks were to repeat this year. The tweet purposely short quoted it
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 12:42:34 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #564 on: November 17, 2021, 05:47:38 AM »
You know that quote isn't from Giannis right? It's a quote from his agent guessing at what Giannis' mindset might be if the Bucks were to repeat this year. The tweet purposely short quoted it

Lol. Heat fans are the best.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #565 on: November 17, 2021, 08:03:56 AM »

I know this is tongue in cheek, but I think he is one of the more under appreciated players.

He's a different type of player (and for non-basketball fans less exciting), but he's the closest I think we've had to a much watch since Jordan. Where often in games he'll have everyone, including himself saying "how'd he just do that." Dunks are cooler and more exciting, but watching a guy just turn and nail a floater from 36 feet is just insane.

If not for a rash of injuries in or near the finals, he'd have 2 more rings too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #566 on: November 17, 2021, 08:23:22 AM »
I know this is tongue in cheek, but I think he is one of the more under appreciated players.

He's a different type of player (and for non-basketball fans less exciting), but he's the closest I think we've had to a much watch since Jordan. Where often in games he'll have everyone, including himself saying "how'd he just do that." Dunks are cooler and more exciting, but watching a guy just turn and nail a floater from 36 feet is just insane.

If not for a rash of injuries in or near the finals, he'd have 2 more rings too.

I don't think he's underappreciated at all. I think just about every basketball fan considers Steph one of the 3-5 best players in the world, the greatest shooter in history and a slam-dunk first-ballot HoFer.

But yes, he's a marvel to watch. Even when he has a "bad" game (for him), as he did against the Hornets, he still makes a half-dozen plays that make you go, "Incredible!" And on top of it all, he has a genuine, almost child-like enthusiasm for basketball and for life.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
Staples Center to be renamed Crypto.com Arena, starting on Xmas.

Here's hoping this 20-year agreement plays out longer than Enron Field, CMGI Field and PSINet Stadium were able to.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2021, 12:50:34 PM »
Staples Center to be renamed Crypto.com Arena, starting on Xmas.

Here's hoping this 20-year agreement plays out longer than Enron Field, CMGI Field and PSINet Stadium were able to.

LOL

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #569 on: November 17, 2021, 01:17:32 PM »

What makes you believe that?

https://www.fox6now.com/sports/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-on-future-in-milwaukee-the-next-challenge-might-not-be-here

> "One challenge was to bring a championship here, and we did," Antetokounmpo said. "It was very hard, but we did. Very, very hard. I just love challenges. What’s the next challenge? The next challenge might not be here."

> Antetokounmpo added: "Me and my family chose to stay in this city that we all love and has taken care of us — for now. In two years, that might change. I’m being totally honest with you. I’m always honest. I love this city. I love this community. I want to help as much as possible."

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2021, 01:27:52 PM »
If he leaves, I would be sad.  But he's the best player in franchise history who brought a championship to a team I never thought would see another.  But it's his right to do so.

And it's still 3+ years away.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2021, 01:39:31 PM »
If he leaves, I would be sad.  But he's the best player in franchise history who brought a championship to a team I never thought would see another.  But it's his right to do so.

Yeah.  But I love that Milwaukee is in the position that other fanbase's only joy is that Giannis had a quote that means he might come to warmer weather in 4 years.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #572 on: November 17, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »

His exit will coincide with Middleton's. Right now Khris has a 23-24 player option and is a UFA in 24-25.

And honestly... while I adore him, I don't know what Giannis at 30+ is gonna look like. A lot of miles on him by then, for a guy whose game is predicated on elite athleticism. It might be the most logical time to start fresh. Hopefully after another ring.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #573 on: November 17, 2021, 02:38:54 PM »
What makes you believe that?

https://www.fox6now.com/sports/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-on-future-in-milwaukee-the-next-challenge-might-not-be-here

> "One challenge was to bring a championship here, and we did," Antetokounmpo said. "It was very hard, but we did. Very, very hard. I just love challenges. What’s the next challenge? The next challenge might not be here."

> Antetokounmpo added: "Me and my family chose to stay in this city that we all love and has taken care of us — for now. In two years, that might change. I’m being totally honest with you. I’m always honest. I love this city. I love this community. I want to help as much as possible."

I misread, my bad. I mixed up that paragraph with the paragraph immediately following it:

Did this mean he was thinking about…leaving? I asked his agent.

“I don’t think it’s, ‘I’m thinking about leaving the Bucks,’ ” Saratsis told me. “But I think he’s genuinely like: ‘Okay, I have reached the pinnacle. The next challenge is, let’s repeat.’ But what happens if you do repeat? What’s the next challenge? What is that next barrier? When you think about it from a basketball perspective, by the age of 26, this kid has accomplished everything,” Saratsis said. “So sometimes you’re going to have to manufacture what those challenges are."
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #574 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:26 PM »
His exit will coincide with Middleton's. Right now Khris has a 23-24 player option and is a UFA in 24-25.

And honestly... while I adore him, I don't know what Giannis at 30+ is gonna look like. A lot of miles on him by then, for a guy whose game is predicated on elite athleticism. It might be the most logical time to start fresh. Hopefully after another ring.

endorse

feedback