collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 37698 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »
Gotta choose the best spots to shout, "Brooksie!"

Having been up there for the PGA in ‘04 and ‘15, I honestly don’t know what will be a good way to follow.  There’s a few spots where you can see multiple holes like the bleachers at 12 and 6 but with the bodies they plan on jamming onto the property, following a group may be near impossible.  I might find a spot where a giant tv is setup for part of the day
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »
Having been up there for the PGA in ‘04 and ‘15, I honestly don’t know what will be a good way to follow.  There’s a few spots where you can see multiple holes like the bleachers at 12 and 6 but with the bodies they plan on jamming onto the property, following a group may be near impossible.  I might find a spot where a giant tv is setup for part of the day

Looking at the course map, I was thinking 6 might be a good spot to be too. Picking an area to settle in on the back half seems a little tougher, though. Might try to spend some time at 12 and some time at 16. I think no matter where you go it'll be packed.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
Looking at the course map, I was thinking 6 might be a good spot to be too. Picking an area to settle in on the back half seems a little tougher, though. Might try to spend some time at 12 and some time at 16. I think no matter where you go it'll be packed.

Depending how much action gets to 16, it isn’t bad spot up by the green.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2021, 10:57:49 AM »
Has anyone been to a Ryder Cup before? Any suggestions for those of us going for the first time? Is it best to follow along with a group or try to set up at a couple specific holes? It seems like with only a few holes in play at any given time on Thur and Fri it could be pretty crowded.

Post up. Either in front of a TV. Or, try to find a green/tee on the front 9 and back 9 near each other. Watch all groups come through the front then move to the back and wait for them to come through. Repeat for the afternoon sessions.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2021, 04:27:14 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2021, 09:36:45 PM »
My guy is ready to own this event
https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/morikawa-feels-healthy-back-on-track-at-whistling-straits

Does he have the Euro golfers so intimidated that they are in awe of him and therefore don't stand a chance?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2021, 09:52:29 PM »
Woosy unloaded on Kopeka.  What an awesome swing from the portly Welshman.  His club head speed must be the reason for his serious pop? 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2021, 10:52:25 PM »
Does he have the Euro golfers so intimidated that they are in awe of him and therefore don't stand a chance?
No Colin just hits laser shots with his irons, which comes in incredibly handy on this course.
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2021, 07:54:31 AM »
No Colin just hits laser shots with his irons, which comes in incredibly handy on this course.

I hope he does well. Would be nice to see a relative newcomer excel in this format.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2021, 08:08:31 AM »

As a proud one L Colin it pains me to point out that Morikawa is a two L Collin
Bring back FFP!!!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2021, 09:20:25 AM »
Watching the practice rounds yesterday was really interesting. Two very different approaches between the two squads. The Euros set up targets in each quadrant of the greens and chipped/putted to them to get a feel for where the pins might be. The Americans did some of that, but not nearly as thorough. Also, they stopped after 9, where as the Euros played 18, the second nine as alternate shot.

I got pretty close to a couple of tee boxes and greens, and the difference in demeanor was striking. The Americans looked tight. Very little interaction with each other, or the crowd. Europeans seemed to be enjoying themselves, looked much looser. We'll see what happens on Friday, but from an American perspective I didn't love what I saw.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2021, 09:30:19 AM »
I hope he does well. Would be nice to see a relative newcomer excel in this format.

Sergio hits laser irons which will come in handy on this course

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
Watching the practice rounds yesterday was really interesting. Two very different approaches between the two squads. The Euros set up targets in each quadrant of the greens and chipped/putted to them to get a feel for where the pins might be. The Americans did some of that, but not nearly as thorough. Also, they stopped after 9, where as the Euros played 18, the second nine as alternate shot.

Americans did 18 on Tuesday and Europeans did 9.  Flipped on Wednesday.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #263 on: September 23, 2021, 01:11:04 PM »
I confess that the idea of having a team full of rookies and younger players lacking the emotional scar tissue of being the Euro team's pinata is starting to grow on me.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #264 on: September 23, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »
I confess that the idea of having a team full of rookies and younger players lacking the emotional scar tissue of being the Euro team's pinata is starting to grow on me.

Make a team/roster out of players that WANT to be there, rather than forcing players in based on rankings, etc.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #265 on: September 23, 2021, 02:40:23 PM »
I am also wondering if Koepka is using the reaction to his comments as fuel.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2021, 03:45:59 PM »
Sergio hits laser irons which will come in handy on this course

Not one of my faves on the Euro team.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2021, 05:53:54 PM »
Not one of my faves on the Euro team.
I think Sergio , Poulter and Westwood all have no gas left in the tanks. That is a lot of points that will swing USA way this event . 
            ---Al McGuire

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2021, 08:19:16 PM »
Wind direction on Saturday going to be very different from Friday. Be fun to see them adapt.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:33 PM »
Pairings out for the Morning Foursomes

Looks like the US will get out to a 4-0 lead.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2021-ryder-cup-pairings-foursomes-matches-teams-complete-schedule-for-day-1-on-friday/

---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2021, 08:42:15 PM »

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2021-ryder-cup-pairings-foursomes-matches-teams-complete-schedule-for-day-1-on-friday/

Interesting....I don't see why  we wouldn't get off to a good start.  The first match will be fun.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2021, 10:43:39 PM »

Said every fan of the U.S. golf team before every Ryder Cup in modern history.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2021, 12:24:56 AM »

We got Morikawa in all 4?

For those that have gone, how was it? I’m having a little bit of FOMO based on deciding not to go.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2021, 05:30:08 AM »
Said every fan of the U.S. golf team before every Ryder Cup in modern history.

The pairings used by Stricker are similar to what the European captains have been doing for years in using the basic golf analytics.  If the US can’t come out of the morning with at least 2 points, that would be disappointing.

I’ll be pulling for Team Europe because the American team is full of entitled country club boys who wouldn’t give you the time of day if you asked.  That said, the course and lack of European fans are a huge advantage for the US team.  They should win comfortably.  If they can’t win this one, well, it’s an indictment of the American professional golfer

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2021, 07:17:47 AM »
Sweet Jesus.  JT misses an easy birdie on 1.  Can't happen.

feedback