[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 37578 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »
I think Phil has changed over the years as he went from young hotshot to wily vet.  I think he didn't get along with some of his older contemporaries due to ego and cockiness but doesn't have the issue with the younger next wave.

Very likely. That is why I said back in the day. Plus what I have seen, there is respect from the younger guys.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »
Very likely. That is why I said back in the day. Plus what I have seen, there is respect from the younger guys.

Respect for old guys doesn’t win matches
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 02:34:30 PM »
And he needs someone to pair with Bryson.

Koepka. For the entertainment value alone.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
Is there any way to get tix for the RC now other than like StubHub?  I  might be in Chicago and Milwaukee that week.   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2021, 04:53:07 PM »
Is there any way to get tix for the RC now other than like StubHub?  I  might be in Chicago and Milwaukee that week.

Muggs

Do yourself a favor and watch it on TV

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »
Muggs

Agreed.  If you were at the 2015 PGA and got stuck in the crowds, this is going to be much worse.  The cross-over points on the front & back 9's (between holes 2-3 & 6-7 in the front and 11-12 & 15-16) were extreme bottlenecks and basically prevented you from moving past each point.  Now you'll have more spectators watching fewer golfers so it's going to be worse.  Plus the PGA had huge grandstands at 18, and now most of the groups won't even make it that far.  The lake bordering the course is beautiful, but it eliminates half the available space for spectators so things are going to be crowded.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Agreed.  If you were at the 2015 PGA and got stuck in the crowds, this is going to be much worse.  The cross-over points on the front & back 9's (between holes 2-3 & 6-7 in the front and 11-12 & 15-16) were extreme bottlenecks and basically prevented you from moving past each point.  Now you'll have more spectators watching fewer golfers so it's going to be worse.  Plus the PGA had huge grandstands at 18, and now most of the groups won't even make it that far.  The lake bordering the course is beautiful, but it eliminates half the available space for spectators so things are going to be crowded.

This is justifying my thought of not going. I was at the last PGA and it was a nightmare on the weekend. Crazy heat and super long lines for food and water. Then you get to the front and they run out.

Are they still selling the same amount of tickets as a PGA? With there only really being a few holes in play at a given time, it would make viewing pretty tough I’d imagine.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2021, 09:58:16 AM »
This is justifying my thought of not going. I was at the last PGA and it was a nightmare on the weekend. Crazy heat and super long lines for food and water. Then you get to the front and they run out.

Are they still selling the same amount of tickets as a PGA? With there only really being a few holes in play at a given time, it would make viewing pretty tough I’d imagine.
I went to a Ryder Cup once at Valhalla. As you point out the the fact that there is only a few holes being played at a time makes it not fun to view, the crowds were too large. I ended up going  back to the Corporate Tent to watch it on TV and catch the one hole that we were near.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2021, 09:59:58 AM »

They want to pack the place.  I forgot the exact number I heard on the No Laying Up podcast but when I heard it, I audibly chortled.  That was pre-pandemic.  Not sure if that’s changed

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »
I guess I'll pass.  Ty for your suggestions.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »
Respect for old guys doesn’t win matches

Exactly. Phil was a pretty meh Ryder Cupper even when he was indisputably one of the world's best golfers. Expecting him to find lightning in a bottle for the second time this year ... that would be asking a lot.

This.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2021, 01:25:09 PM »

If you want some let me know, I can get them half off. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2021, 03:20:44 PM »
Which half?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2021, 04:42:26 PM »
If you want some let me know, I can get them half off.

Half off on which day and from what price?  It sounds like it's not worth the trouble but ty for the response.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »
Round 1 in Memphis and Harris English playing like he wants to remove all doubt about his RC status.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2021, 10:02:31 AM »
Round 1 in Memphis and Harris English playing like he wants to remove all doubt about his RC status.

Been saying it for months, the guy is flushing the irons.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »
Apparently he's flushing his irons into lakes.  Complete meltdown and very surprising.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2021, 05:24:28 PM »
Apparently he's flushing his irons into lakes.  Complete meltdown and very surprising.

Don’t pair Harris and Bryson together, if he’s allowed to compete.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »

Bryson is the worst

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2021, 05:52:20 PM »

Good point.  Maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2021, 06:08:23 PM »
Which leads to .... Who do you pair with Bryson?   I think Phil because he may the only one who can.    I know all the reasons why it shouldn't be Phil.   They arent wrong.   My only reason for Phil  is I don't know who else can play with Bryson.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »
Which leads to .... Who do you pair with Bryson?   I think Phil because he may the only one who can.    I know all the reasons why it shouldn't be Phil.   They arent wrong.   My only reason for Phil  is I don't know who else can play with Bryson.

Does anyone get along with him?  Is it his molasses speed of play or something else Tower?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2021, 06:27:23 PM »

Sit him for team sessions

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »

Options:

1A. Leave him at home because he isn’t vaccinated. Guessing other players in on points aren’t either though.
1B. Invite Reed to avoid the Justine drama. Pair them together once and sit them until singles. Let them know they are outcasts.
2. Invite Phil or Webb to babysit. I don’t like either on the team this year, but wouldn’t be surprised if they were a Stricker Pick.
3. Put him with Brooks, if healthy. Brooks needs limited play with his knee. Brooks would love the pairing internally. Bryson will falter and look even worse.
4. Put him with Morikawa. Collin can get into scoring distance from anywhere. Bryson has been struggling approach and ATG, but his putting is still good. Bryson hits far and course setup will favor mistakes, Collin sticks it close, Bryson makes the putt.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:32:59 PM by Retire0 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2021, 06:38:08 PM »
Options:

1A. Leave him at home because he isn’t vaccinated. Guessing other players in on points aren’t either though.
1B. Invite Reed to avoid the Justine drama. Pair them together once and sit them until singles. Let them know they are outcasts.
2. Invite Phil or Webb to babysit. I don’t like either on the team this year, but wouldn’t be surprised if they were a Stricker Pick.
3. Put him with Brooks, if healthy. Brooks needs limited play with his knee. Brooks would love the pairing internally. Bryson will falter and look even worse.
4. Put him with Morikawa. Collin can get into scoring distance from anywhere. Bryson has been struggling approach and ATG, but his putting is still good. Bryson hits far and course setup will favor mistakes, Collin sticks it close, Bryson makes the putt.

Interesting points,.  The easiest out would be #1.  I think if he has to play I would pair him with Morikawa but it would be great theater if he played with Kopeka.  At the same time doesn't Whistling Straits favor bombers?  Strick has some tough decisions.

feedback