[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 37656 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »
Will there be overserved patrons yelling 'Brooksy' at Bryson at Whistling Straits?     Is he such a lightning rod that the heckling won't stop?     Or will the home crowd be able to resist and treat him fairly?     It sure looked like it was taking its toll on him in Memphis.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »
Will there be overserved patrons yelling 'Brooksy' at Bryson at Whistling Straits?     Is he such a lightning rod that the heckling won't stop?     Or will the home crowd be able to resist and treat him fairly?     It sure looked like it was taking its toll on him in Memphis.

He'll be treated fairly.  Unless he goes into a roid rage?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2021, 09:34:36 PM »

I think the USA USA USA! aspect will override most of that.  He's still wearing their colors at the end of the day.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2021, 08:30:01 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2021, 09:52:27 PM »
Jordan
Harris
Scheffler
Berger
Webb
Burns

I'd rather Cantlay over Burns, but otherwise I see no issues with that group unless Reed has a hot August.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »
Will we throw in two vets?  Webb? Phil?  Kouchar? Cink?  Kisner?  I have a hard time believing Reed won't make it.  If Reed is picked why not pair him with Bryson?   I just don't know what to think among Berger, Cantlay, Scheffer, or Burns.  Is this solvable or are we just weak 8-12?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2021, 06:32:14 AM »
Will we throw in two vets?  Webb? Phil?  Kouchar? Cink?  Kisner?  I have a hard time believing Reed won't make it.  If Reed is picked why not pair him with Bryson?   I just don't know what to think among Berger, Cantlay, Scheffer, or Burns.  Is this solvable or are we just weak 8-12?

Matt Kuchar is dead I think. Kisner has never been on a Ryder Cup. Phil sold his soul at the PGA.

I’m not understanding your discounting of Berger, Scheffler, Cantlay. I could understand Burns but he’s on a heater the last three months.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2021, 07:16:43 AM »
Matt Kuchar is dead I think. Kisner has never been on a Ryder Cup. Phil sold his soul at the PGA.

I’m not understanding your discounting of Berger, Scheffler, Cantlay. I could understand Burns but he’s on a heater the last three months.

All of Berger’s stats say he’s been one of the best players in the world over the last year.  If Kuchar somehow made the team, Stricker should lose the captaincy.

Veteran leadership is OVERRATED
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2021, 08:11:01 AM »
Fair enough.  I just don't know what Strick is gonna do about Bryson.  If he sits him until singles it would really surprise me. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »
Fair enough.  I just don't know what Strick is gonna do about Bryson.  If he sits him until singles it would really surprise me.

Why does he have to be paired with a veteran?  Let’s face it, there isn’t a good pairing for Bryson.  People keep saying Phil forgetting they got pantsed in ‘18 by the fearsome duo of Sergio Garcia and Alex Noren.  They paired Bryson with Tiger on Saturday and that was a blowout, too.  Woods tried Finau with him at Royal Melbourne and that was a loss, too.  Sit him until Sunday?  Yeah, that’s a perfectly fine decision.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2021, 08:55:03 AM »
How much of the pairings is impactful and how much is just something for fans to talk about? I feel we play into the drama more than anything.

This is business to these guys. I know some have friendships and rivalries, but feel it’s a little overblown for guys partnering for 18 holes.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2021, 12:18:51 PM »
I think the pairings are important. 

When does Stricker announce the 6 picks?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2021, 05:00:36 PM »
I think the pairings are important. 

When does Stricker announce the 6 picks?

I believe it's after the 1st or 2nd FedEx Tournament.
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2021, 08:55:01 PM »
How much of the pairings is impactful and how much is just something for fans to talk about? I feel we play into the drama more than anything.

This is business to these guys. I know some have friendships and rivalries, but feel it’s a little overblown for guys partnering for 18 holes.

It’s important, very important. For example, what’s going to happen when the Fraudulent Physicist has to play a Chromesoft X? He’s going to blame the ball because he’s Bryson.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2021, 10:10:42 PM »
It’s important, very important. For example, what’s going to happen when the Fraudulent Physicist has to play a Chromesoft X? He’s going to blame the ball because he’s Bryson.

How is he a fraud?  He was the longest driver last year.  Since the start of 2020, he's got a major win, a top 5 in another, and has finished top 40 in all 7 he played.   Plus 2 other wins, a top 3 at the Players, and a runner up and a top 10 in WGC events.

You don't have to like the guy and he can be a douche, but calling him a "fraud" or acting like he hasn't had a significant amount of success with his particular methods just makes you sound petty and emotion.  A bunch of other fringe American Ryder Cup guys you like would love to be that fraudulent.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2021, 05:17:51 AM »

Kuchar would be to busy trying to get his family into the team room for free meals. F that guy.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2021, 05:25:02 AM »
How is he a fraud?  He was the longest driver last year.  Since the start of 2020, he's got a major win, a top 5 in another, and has finished top 40 in all 7 he played.   Plus 2 other wins, a top 3 at the Players, and a runner up and a top 10 in WGC events.

You don't have to like the guy and he can be a douche, but calling him a "fraud" or acting like he hasn't had a significant amount of success with his particular methods just makes you sound petty and emotion.  A bunch of other fringe American Ryder Cup guys you like would love to be that fraudulent.

He’s not really a physicist and often gets the science wrong in his explanations of what he’s trying to do, so he is a fraud in that regard.  The TV coverage of him as some genius is over the top. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2021, 06:41:47 AM »

Probably because on several occasions he has tried to use physics terminology that is completely wrong or misused. His physics knowledge is a complete farce.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2021, 08:52:52 AM »
6 captains picks are too many. 3, 4 at the most. Need to reward more of the consistently better players.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2021, 08:56:16 AM »
6 captains picks are too many. 3, 4 at the most. Need to reward more of the consistently better players.

I agree, but the US point system needs to be reworked. This year is especially difficult with how many years the points are accumulating.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2021, 06:17:16 PM »
Finau locked up his spot today

tower912

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »
Reed may not be available.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2021, 06:24:26 PM »
Reed may not be available.

Bad case of vaccinitis

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
Very happy to hear about Finau.  He seems like a really solid dude.  I hope he makes the RC team. I also think he's a good addition on a long course.

feedback