[Today at 10:54:04 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA Might Lift All NIL Rules  (Read 24742 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: NCAA Might Lift All NIL Rules
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2021, 08:00:57 PM »
michigan and michigan state athletes could then probably afford and choose their own doctors and bypassing the ole universal diagnostic finger in the butt exams

I know you're trying to be funny,  but you're not succeeding. Just being offensive
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2021, 08:33:12 PM »
I know you're trying to be funny,  but you're not succeeding. Just being offensive

Sex assault isn't funny?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
Sex assault isn't funny?

What fun we had bustin' up about young athletes getting sexually assaulted! Woo-hoo ... fun times!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2021, 10:23:17 PM »

Offensive??  To who?  The doctors who abused countless athletes over many years?  I wasn’t making light of sexual assault. I was bringing to light the fact that many people in position of power knew about these sexual assaults for years and did nothing about it, including 2 revered coaches, bo shembechler  and Tom izzo. Beyond shameful of these 2 “institutions of higher indoctrination”.  A little close to home?  Better check your doc there at            t A & M, eyna?
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »

Offensive??  To who?

Rocket,

Would you go up to a victim of child sex abuse and make a crack about them getting a finger up the butt? If yes,  you're a monster.  If no, then own your $hit and apologize for making a joke in poor taste.
TAMU

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2021, 11:44:19 PM »

Offensive??  To who?  The doctors who abused countless athletes over many years?  I wasn’t making light of sexual assault. I was bringing to light the fact that many people in position of power knew about these sexual assaults for years and did nothing about it, including 2 revered coaches, bo shembechler  and Tom izzo. Beyond shameful of these 2 “institutions of higher indoctrination”.  A little close to home?  Better check your doc there at            t A & M, eyna?

Come on man, you don’t actually believe that’s what you were doing in a flippant post…

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2021, 08:05:01 AM »

Ask yourself this question:

"Would I have made that comment if my own daughter had been one of the sexual assault victims?"

If the answer is no, you know you shouldn't have made the comment.

If the answer is yes, seek help.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »

Why would you bring it up in the NIL topic?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2021, 10:54:29 AM »
this wasn't a joke-this was all documented and reported on. 

note the statement where kwiatkowski mentions not being able to afford medical care-

"We were a poor working class family, and my parents were very worried about my future being able to pay for medical bills," Kwiatkowski said. "Bo promised my family that he would keep me safe, making sure I got the best medical treatment."

in another article, kwiatkowski specifically asked bo about sais incident(s)

Several football players notified Schembechler about Anderson's behavior, the report said. A member of the football team in the late 1970s told police he asked the coach “soon” after an exam, “What’s up with the finger in the butt treatment by Dr. Anderson?”

Schembechler told the player to "toughen up" according to the report, which does not provide any more detail about the incident or what police did with the information.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/wnba/bo-schembechlers-son-will-speak-about-team-doctors-sexual-abuse-fathers-failure-to-protect-him/ar-AAKSIb2

so you guys can get over your sanctimonious horse hockey.  all of your attacking the messengers is quite obvious to most here

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »
Rocket,

You could have said all that without making a joke about victims of child sex abuse "getting a finger up the butt".

Be a man.  Stop making excuses, own your $hit. Don't be a coward
TAMU

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2021, 11:19:39 AM »
Rocket,

You could have said all that without making a joke about victims of child sex abuse "getting a finger up the butt".

Be a man.  Stop making excuses, own your $hit. Don't be a coward

it wasn't a joke!  it happened!  are you that dense?  and, not sure how old kwiatkowski was at the time, 18-19?  doesn't make it any less egregious.  regardless,  you can step back from the "child abuse" claims which is your way to try to denigrate me even more.  coward about what?  you guys live in a different world man.  this is/was going on within places where you work, you know, universities

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2021, 11:41:28 AM »
it wasn't a joke!  it happened!  are you that dense?  and, not sure how old kwiatkowski was at the time, 18-19?  doesn't make it any less egregious.  regardless,  you can step back from the "child abuse" claims which is your way to try to denigrate me even more.  coward about what?  you guys live in a different world man.  this is/was going on within places where you work, you know, universities

Rocket,

You included Michigan State while quoting a post about gymnastics. You were referencing Larry Nassar, a child rapist, in addition to what happened at Michigan. But you knew that,  you're just a coward whose trying to make himself the victim by refusing to take ownership for what he said.

Referring to what happened at Michigan and Michigan State as "the ole universal diagnostic finger up the butt exam" is insulting to the victims of those tragedies.  Victims that included girls younger than 13. That's not an opinion, just a truth. You want to talk about how tragic those events were?  Great.  You want to torch universities for their role in the cover up? I'm with you 100%. You want to talk about how NIL will give athletes more financial security which may lead to less abuse in the future? I'm on board.  Do it without insulting the victims.
TAMU

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »
And you put it in the NIL topic. Which made no sense whatsoever.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2021, 12:01:20 PM »
Rocket, when you find yourself in a hole you should quit digging.

Yes, we understand that "it" happened. It's really astounding that you don't understand that your comment was in extremely poor taste.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:03:48 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2021, 12:41:24 PM »
He got what he wanted
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2021, 12:47:20 PM »
Rocket, when you find yourself in a hole you should quit digging.

When the only tool you own is a shovel...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2021, 06:56:36 PM »

Why would you bring it up in the NIL topic?

pay attention sully-do i gotta draw a picture for you and your sanctimonious buddies?   making money off their nil's or getting "paid to play" if you will, they will be able to afford their own doctors and not the larry nassars of the world

"michigan and michigan state athletes could then probably afford and choose their own doctors and bypassing the ole universal diagnostic finger in the butt exam"

tamu-get over yourself

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2021, 07:47:50 PM »
pay attention sully-do i gotta draw a picture for you and your sanctimonious buddies?   making money off their nil's or getting "paid to play" if you will, they will be able to afford their own doctors and not the larry nassars of the world

"michigan and michigan state athletes could then probably afford and choose their own doctors and bypassing the ole universal diagnostic finger in the butt exam"

tamu-get over yourself

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

As someone told me a few weeks back when I said the same thing, just wait
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2021, 09:04:06 PM »
making money off their nil's or getting "paid to play" if you will, they will be able to afford their own doctors and not the larry nassars of the world

Ah, so you admit that you were referencing convicted child rapist Larry Nassar. So this whole thing:

not sure how old kwiatkowski was at the time, 18-19?  doesn't make it any less egregious.  regardless,  you can step back from the "child abuse" claims which is your way to try to denigrate me even more.

Was just more bull$hit and you once again trying to worm out of what you said instead of just owning that you made a joke in poor taste.

tamu-get over yourself

It's not about me Rocket. It's not even about you either, as you've proven time and time again that you are at a child's level when it comes to taking responsibility for your actions. It's about the fact that anywhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 11 people in the United States experience child abuse in their lives. Assuming those stats apply to Scoopers, there are likely several regulars and dozens more readers who have experienced this kind of abuse. From having friends and family directly impacted by this, not to mention that I work to prevent this kind of stuff for a living, I know for a fact that they get plenty of comments/jokes equating child abuse and butt sex and at best it is draining, and at worst it is triggering. It's also about people who make those kind of jokes and have never really thought about the possible impact they can have on survivors and are open to hearing that perspective.

I know you think this is personal Rocket. I know because it is your go to defense anytime anyone challenges you on anything. "I didn't do anything wrong, they are just out to get me." Let me assure you, with me, it has nothing to do with you or your politics. It is because you repeatedly say problematic $hit and then refuse to take ownership for it. Remember when you posted about that lady from the View making a joke about the openly gay NFL player penetrating the end zone or something like that? I think your response was that someone needed to put a muzzle on her? Remember how no one disagreed with you and we all agreed that she said something stupid and deserved the shame coming her way? We're in a similar situation here, except instead of the joke being about one openly gay man having presumably consensual sex, it's about hundreds of children being molested by an adult. It's not about who said it, Rocket. It's about what was said. If Brew, Rocky, Sultan, Pakuni, Jockey, Goose, 4ever, 82, Topper, anyone said the same thing as you, they would've gotten the same response from me. I know you probably won't hear this, but I hope that you do.

I've said all I needed to on this and I don't want to drag down those who want to discuss NIL. If you want to continue over PM, please feel free to reach out.
TAMU

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »
Using my NLI money to see a doctor instead of: A. doctor the university assigns B. the one my personal insurance covers, to avoid sexual abuse, is a strange take.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2021, 08:25:24 AM »
Using my NLI money to see a doctor instead of: A. doctor the university assigns B. the one my personal insurance covers, to avoid sexual abuse, is a strange take.

accountability?  doesn't sound like the athletes had too much say when they went to university docs.  i understand these guys/girls were young, naïve and beholden to an athletic dept with a sport they loved and had been working their whole lives to achieve greatness, but...didn't sound like anyone cared

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2021, 08:27:19 AM »
accountability?  doesn't sound like the athletes had too much say when they went to university docs.  i understand these guys/girls were young, naïve and beholden to an athletic dept with a sport they loved and had been working their whole lives to achieve greatness, but...didn't sound like anyone cared

Right.  Which is an entirely separate issue that has been discussed in topics multiple times on this site.  But has nothing to do with NLI.  Student athletes aren't going to hire their own doctors - that's dumb.  Colleges and universities need to make sure their personnel aren't rapists. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2021, 01:02:34 PM »
https://miami.rivals.com/news/american-top-team-plans-500-000-plus-nil-commitment-to-miami-players

Every single Miami football player will get $6k under this NIL agreement.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2021, 01:11:06 PM »
https://miami.rivals.com/news/american-top-team-plans-500-000-plus-nil-commitment-to-miami-players

Every single Miami football player will get $6k under this NIL agreement.

So, the backup right guard won’t be jealous of the starting QB?

feedback