[Today at 04:54:06 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC sees myocarditis in boys/men ages 16-24 with mRNA vaccines.  (Read 14046 times)

statnik

• Team Captain
Re: CDC sees myocarditis in boys/men ages 16-24 with mRNA vaccines.
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »

Again, you keep saying 3-6 months.  That is inaccurate.

And your information about PhDs is old and was misleading.

You are a typical example of what's wrong with people who think they are smarter than they really are.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness-drops-after-6-months-study-2021-10-04/

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/09/28/1041133830/for-people-who-got-the-j-j-vaccine-some-doctors-are-advising-boosters-asap

Significant drop off within the timeframe mentioned, when you’re getting under 50% would you call that effective?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:39:00 PM by statnik »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »
And they have to worry about severe illness or death from the actual virus?  Very few do so like I said the decision is not clear cut as you want to think.

Current studies indicate that their (17 or younger) chance of death from Covid does not change much with the vaccine f(certainly the vaccine doesn't increase the chances).  However, their ability to pass the virus onto older loved ones in their lives does increase without the vaccine.  Also, those studies were mostly completed before variants started emerging.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
“After six months” is not “3-6 months”

I literally said good for three to six months which is correct when considering all the vaccines.  Maybe Novavax since it is a more traditional one may be longer, let’s hope so because right now all these rules ring hollow when those who chose not to get boosters or are not recommended to have worse protection than those who have natural immunity from a recent infection.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2021, 02:22:49 PM »

Also why do you think PHDs are among the most hesitant groups to get vaxxed?

Source?

Just like everything else I’ve called you out on, you won’t answer. Just throw Facebook crap on the wall and ignore.

Idiot.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 02:35:00 PM »
Source?

Just like everything else I’ve called you out on, you won’t answer. Just throw Facebook crap on the wall and ignore.

Idiot.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-with-phds-are-most-reluctant-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

Here you go, sport.  I provide links and then get nitpicked so I guess it’s not fair investment.

• All American
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-with-phds-are-most-reluctant-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

Here you go, sport.  I provide links and then get nitpicked so I guess it’s not fair investment.

Loooooooolz. Fluffy beat me to it, but knew the exact link that was coming.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2021, 03:07:45 PM »
I provide links and then get nitpicked so I guess it’s not fair investment.

If you're being "fair", you would come out and say that you believe that covid-19 and the vaccine are some sort of political power-play.  Anybody that believes it's a horrible pandemic (it is), or that the vaccine is our best way out of it (it is), is a sheep to you.

You've let your mind get twisted into all this bad info, because you let politics define you.  Be better, be your own person.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »
If you're being "fair", you would come out and say that you believe that covid-19 and the vaccine are some sort of political power-play.  Anybody that believes it's a horrible pandemic (it is), or that the vaccine is our best way out of it (it is), is a sheep to you.

You've let your mind get twisted into all this bad info, because you let politics define you.  Be better, be your own person.

So ironic that you want me to be my own person but submit to the vaccine.  Doesn’t seem very consistent.  The vaccine is one of several methods that will probably collectively slowly lead us out but it’s not the cure-all that some believe it is.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »
So ironic that you want me to be my own person but submit to the vaccine.  Doesn’t seem very consistent.  The vaccine is one of several methods that will probably collectively slowly lead us out but it’s not the cure-all that some believe it is.

I want you to get the vaccine because it's safe and effective.  I don't want you to "submit" to anything you don't want to.  But freedom has consequences and life is full of choices.

But I do want you to stop spreading disinformation.  You are part of the problem in that regard.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »
First time caller, long time listener.

Still waiting to hear the first story of any American forced to get the vaccine.

I’ll hang up and listen, thanks for taking my call.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2021, 04:26:02 PM »

I don't give a rats ass whether you get the vaccine, thought I do believe it would be in the best interest of your long term health.   But maybe you should stop preaching that others should not get it?  That's what's not consistent.  You're parroting fringe talking points, instead of believing the incredible scientists that developed the vaccines, or the scholars we employ as a country to vet the medicines that are approved. 

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2021, 04:28:58 PM »
I don't give a rats ass whether you get the vaccine, thought I do believe it would be in the best interest of your long term health.   But maybe you should stop preaching that others should not get it?  That's what's not consistent.  You're parroting fringe talking points, instead of believing the incredible scientists that developed the vaccines, or the scholars we employ as a country to vet the medicines that are approved.

I never said people shouldn’t get it, I did say it isn’t an easy decision for the young and healthy and there shouldn’t be mandates.  I stand by those thoughts, it’s useful for the immunocompromised, old and anyone obese or with clear comorbidities.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2021, 05:16:54 PM »
I never said people shouldn’t get it

Um, short memory...

I’m sorry about your breakthrough case.  You should be glad you can’t get a booster soon, you’re willingly exposing yourself again if you do, good chance you’d get flu like symptoms from the booster itself so soon after natural infection.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2021, 05:51:50 PM »
Um, short memory...

I stand by that statement too, nice try.  It is well documented that you should not get a vaccine or a booster to the original within 90 days of infection and I know if I got a breakthrough case within 6 months or so of a vax I wouldn’t be clamoring to get a booster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcnc.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/covid-19-breakthroughs-boosters/275-97ca674b-cba7-4041-a2b3-b0f515aacf06
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:55:31 PM by statnik »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2021, 07:09:00 PM »
I stand by that statement too, nice try.  It is well documented that you should not get a vaccine or a booster to the original within 90 days of infection and I know if I got a breakthrough case within 6 months or so of a vax I wouldn’t be clamoring to get a booster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcnc.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/covid-19-breakthroughs-boosters/275-97ca674b-cba7-4041-a2b3-b0f515aacf06

Sigh.  Well, thought I could help you.  Turns out you don't want help.  No worries, but be prepared for your bad info to be called bad info all the time. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »
Sigh.  Well, thought I could help you.  Turns out you don't want help.  No worries, but be prepared for your bad info to be called bad info all the time. 

SoCal IP again?

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
Current studies indicate that their (17 or younger) chance of death from Covid does not change much with the vaccine f(certainly the vaccine doesn't increase the chances).  However, their ability to pass the virus onto older loved ones in their lives does increase without the vaccine.  Also, those studies were mostly completed before variants started emerging.

I thought vaccination made no difference in transmission?

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccinated-people-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-but-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated

“ Although fully vaccinated people were less likely to contract an infection, when they did — what’s known as a breakthrough infection — they can transmit the Delta variant at a similar level as unvaccinated people.

Researchers found that 25 percent of household contacts exposed to a fully vaccinated person in the household contracted an infection themselves.

Of those exposed to an unvaccinated household member, 23 percent contracted an infection.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2021, 10:55:08 PM »
Super-sad article about an 8-year-old girl who had no pre-existing conditions suffering for months and months with long-haul COVID-19.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article255382901.html
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2021, 10:59:00 PM »

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccinated-people-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-but-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated

“ Although fully vaccinated people were less likely to contract an infection, when they did — what’s known as a breakthrough infection — they can transmit the Delta variant at a similar level as unvaccinated people.

Researchers found that 25 percent of household contacts exposed to a fully vaccinated person in the household contracted an infection themselves.

Of those exposed to an unvaccinated household member, 23 percent contracted an infection.”

Yeah I saw that as well.  Another thing that a lot of the vaccinated (especially liberals) misconstrue is that the vaccinated are all rebellious MAGA types in terms of masking and other precautions.  It’s simply not true, there are a lot of careful, freedom loving people that are ok with continuing masking in high risk areas to make up for the fact they may be a bit more likely to catch COVID.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2021, 01:39:10 AM »

???  That's not what the article says, nor what I'm saying.  In fact the headline is basically exactly what I was saying "Vaccinated People Can Transmit the Coronavirus, but It’s Still More Likely If You’re Unvaccinated"

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2021, 02:05:39 AM »
???  That's not what the article says, nor what I'm saying.  In fact the headline is basically exactly what I was saying "Vaccinated People Can Transmit the Coronavirus, but It’s Still More Likely If You’re Unvaccinated"

Did you miss the quote at the bottom of my post? It’s exactly the opposite of what you said.

I guess you committed the cardinal sin of just reading article headlines…

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2021, 06:56:38 AM »

::) ::) ::)

From the same article.  Perhaps you should read the whole thing next time because the fully vaccinated are infectious for a shorter period of time, which means they ARE less likely to transmit it.

"Even though the peak viral load was similar for vaccinated and unvaccinated people, the viral load decreased faster for fully vaccinated people with a Delta infection than for unvaccinated people.

“This study confirms that COVID-19 vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection
and also accelerates viral clearance in the context of the delta variant,” Wilders-Smith wrote.

Viral load is directly related to infectiousness. Higher viral loads are more likely to lead to transmission of the virus.

The study results suggest that because the viral load of vaccinated people drops off more quickly, their infection may be infectious for a shorter time than for unvaccinated people."

This is a prime example of risks of people misunderstanding what the science is saying.  "Doing your own research" is cool if you actually ya know....do the research.  But selectively quoting a portion of an article isn't doing research.  All you are engaging in is finding anything to support your ridiculous position. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:32:20 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »
Yeah I saw that as well.  Another thing that a lot of the vaccinated (especially liberals) misconstrue is that the vaccinated are all rebellious MAGA types in terms of masking and other precautions.  It’s simply not true, there are a lot of careful, freedom loving people that are ok with continuing masking in high risk areas to make up for the fact they may be a bit more likely to catch COVID.

Yes.  Scientific illiteracy cuts across all political leanings.