[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Will you get the Covid vaccine when it's available to you?

Yes
57 (75%)
Undecided
5 (6.6%)
No - I won't get one unless my job or the government requires it
14 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?  (Read 23386 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Will you get the Covid Vaccine?
« Reply #300 on: November 27, 2023, 12:59:51 PM »
I figure 1-2 days of suffering is much better than 6 weeks!

Google ocular shingles and you'll not complain one bit about the vaccine.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2023, 02:02:09 PM »
Vaccines are poison. Better to get shingles, smallpox, measels, mumps, Covid, etc.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2023, 08:14:52 AM »
COVID-19 hospitalizations jump in Milwaukee County by over 50% in last week, county official says

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/health/2023/11/27/covid-19-hospitalizations-jump-in-milwaukee-county-after-thanksgiving/71718667007/?utm_source=jsonline-dailybriefing-strada&utm_medium=email&***redacted***&utm_campaign=dailybriefing-greeting&utm_term=newsletter-greeting&utm_content=pmjs-milwaukee-nletter65

COVID-19 hospitalizations in Milwaukee County have jumped over the last week to levels not seen since last winter, according to a Milwaukee County health official.

Across Wisconsin, hospitalizations for COVID-19 have been rising since July. In the week starting Nov. 14, the number of Wisconsin hospital patients with COVID-19 increased sharply, by more than a third, according to the latest available data from the Wisconsin Hospital Association Information Center.

On Nov. 21, about 359 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 in Wisconsin, compared to about 263 a week before, on Nov. 14, according to the hospital association's data dashboard.

New data posted online Monday by Dr. Ben Weston, Milwaukee County's chief health policy adviser, shows that about 99 people in Milwaukee County were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Monday, a more than 50% jump from a week ago. That would be the most people hospitalized with COVID-19 since early February, according to county data.

In a follow-up interview, Weston clarified that the increase in hospitalizations was unlikely to have been caused by infections caught on Thanksgiving or over the weekend, as it usually takes about a week to two weeks for infections to become severe enough to require hospitalization. Still, he said the jump in hospitalizations was concerning.

"This is certainly a pretty major jump to get up to 99," he said.

He encouraged people to reach out to family and friends, especially those 65 and older, to urge them to get the latest, updated version of the COVID-19 vaccine, which was designed to target the specific strains of COVID-19 in circulation this year and to boost immune responses that may have waned since people's last vaccination or infection.

Federal and local health officials have been calling on people since the beginning of the fall respiratory season to get up-to-date on their vaccines, in the hopes of minimizing disease and deaths from COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses.

"We do expect the COVID, flu and RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) circulation to increase as we get deeper into fall and into winter," said Mandy Cohen, director of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in a call with reporters earlier this month. "Right now is the time to get vaccinated."

The updated COVID-19 vaccines — made by Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech and Novavax — offer the most protection to elderly people and others at high risk for severe infection from COVID-19, public health officials have said.

Fewer than 29% of Milwaukee County residents ages 65 and older have received the updated COVID-19 vaccine, which became available in September, according to data from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

The updated vaccines are also beneficial to younger, healthy people, who can still become severely ill, even without underlying conditions, or who can develop long COVID symptoms, even after a mild infection.

"There’s really compelling data showing that those who are vaccinated are less likely to develop long-COVID," said Paul Friedrichs, director of the White House Office of Pandemic Preparedness and Response Policy, during a call with reporters earlier this month. "We’ve still got many Americans across the country dealing with long-term consequences even if they had a mild infection."

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2023, 10:06:51 AM »
RIP to the olds. Not my problem.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2024, 04:09:43 PM »
Apparently hydroxychloroquine may have done more harm than good, according to a French study.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #305 on: January 04, 2024, 04:28:01 PM »
Apparently hydroxychloroquine may have done more harm than good, according to a French study.

Finally, the studies have, whoops
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #306 on: January 05, 2024, 05:31:17 AM »
https://x.com/sciam/status/1743225324119392377?s=46&t=ppua9BCUAa7dWM9-SthPmg

Several new studies reveal that getting multiple COVID vaccine doses provides strong protection against lingering symptoms
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #307 on: January 05, 2024, 11:23:38 AM »
Finally, the study that roqqet has been waiting for.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2024, 12:33:44 PM »
Purely empirical, but I’ve heard a lot about the new variant and how brutal it’s been for people.

I brought it back from Singapore right before Christmas.  Unfortunately gave it to my wife and our 15 month old.  Neither of us have gotten any boosters since the first one.  Both our symptoms were fairly mild, basically a bad cold.  I cleared it in 3 days, she took a bit longer, but that’s been the case most of the other times we got COVID. I don’t know the expected efficacy of the vaccines going out years but I can’t help but think it helped.

My son was congested and waffled between lethargic and his normal toddler exuberant energy, often within hours of each other.  So thankfully it wasn’t bad.  He got croup right before Thanksgiving and it was 10x worse.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #309 on: January 05, 2024, 12:39:34 PM »
Daughter spent Christmas with her future in laws in SC.  Future sister in law was sick, didn't get tested, predictable results.   Both of the future parent in laws went to the hospital but are now home.  Fiancé, allergic to the vaccine, got it, and went back to work today after 8 days.   Daughter, booster in the fall, has managed to avoid it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #310 on: January 06, 2024, 11:41:08 PM »
Neither of us have gotten any boosters since the first one. 

Glad everyone's ok.  And I know I shouldn't focus on sentences like this, but curious why not?  I've never gotten many non-required vaccines, but have stayed up with all the covid updates.  Even added the flu vaccine this year - a first in many years for me.  Partly since I was already there, and also because I would feel bad if I passed the flu onto someone older in my life.  But I mean, Kelce also told me I should do both...

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2024, 02:23:35 PM »
  He got croup right before Thanksgiving and it was 10x worse.

Wife and i were "reminiscing" over the holidays about battles with croup.  Rotating between sitting in the steamy bathroom to cold night air.  Will never forget that cough.
Willfully misinformed.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #312 on: January 09, 2024, 10:08:17 AM »
Glad everyone's ok.  And I know I shouldn't focus on sentences like this, but curious why not?  I've never gotten many non-required vaccines, but have stayed up with all the covid updates.  Even added the flu vaccine this year - a first in many years for me.  Partly since I was already there, and also because I would feel bad if I passed the flu onto someone older in my life.  But I mean, Kelce also told me I should do both...

Nothing philosophical or profound.  Both our GP and a cardiologist, who is a long time family friend, said given our ages, health, and previous experiences with our respective COVID infections (and given we were vaxxed and initial boosted) it was totally up to us and wouldn't strongly recommend either way.  If it popped up at another visit, we may have opted in, but didn't go out of our way to do so.  We both have gotten flu vaccines for the last 5-6 years, so that hasn't changed.

Interestingly enough, and obviously completely empirically, my COVID experiences each time Ive gotten it, since I got the booster, were very much the same as my peers who had gotten all boosters. 

Given my regular travel to Asia and how that seems to be sort of "start point" for many of the variants, I'll stay open minded and lean on my medical providers advice as we go along, but I'm not hurrying to get boosters whenver they are released, but obviously YMMV.  I will say I'm far more diligent about vitamins (Zinc, Vit C, B12, etc...) than I used to be and Ive reintroduced more cardio to my workout regiment whereas I was predominantly resistance training since my mid 20s, sort of as a way to buffer against stuff as well.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 09, 2024, 10:11:13 AM »

Wife and i were "reminiscing" over the holidays about battles with croup.  Rotating between sitting in the steamy bathroom to cold night air.  Will never forget that cough.

What was interesting for me was going through it here in Florida, in a warm climate.  Both my wife and I had our childhood experiences with croup on Long Island and in Wisconsin, respectively.  So sitting in the garage or in a doorway to get that cold air relief.   Well there is no option when its 65-70 degrees even at night...and a 15 month old isn't gonna let you put his head in the freezer for a bit for relief  ;D

But yea, I don't think any parent who goes through it will ever forget it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #314 on: January 09, 2024, 12:34:14 PM »
Nothing philosophical or profound.  Both our GP and a cardiologist, who is a long time family friend, said given our ages, health, and previous experiences with our respective COVID infections (and given we were vaxxed and initial boosted) it was totally up to us and wouldn't strongly recommend either way.  If it popped up at another visit, we may have opted in, but didn't go out of our way to do so.  We both have gotten flu vaccines for the last 5-6 years, so that hasn't changed.

Interestingly enough, and obviously completely empirically, my COVID experiences each time Ive gotten it, since I got the booster, were very much the same as my peers who had gotten all boosters. 

Given my regular travel to Asia and how that seems to be sort of "start point" for many of the variants, I'll stay open minded and lean on my medical providers advice as we go along, but I'm not hurrying to get boosters whenver they are released, but obviously YMMV.  I will say I'm far more diligent about vitamins (Zinc, Vit C, B12, etc...) than I used to be and Ive reintroduced more cardio to my workout regiment whereas I was predominantly resistance training since my mid 20s, sort of as a way to buffer against stuff as well.

And I do hope you're bringing horse de-wormer with you wherever you go, just in case.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #315 on: January 09, 2024, 04:51:42 PM »

Same advice from my GP. Don't rush to get boosters, just get them when you have time and you're getting your flu vaccine.

And same, I'm trying to get my body to a place that I'm healthy for the 2nd half of my life. It's the least I could do for myself after drinking so hard for all these years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2024, 07:32:33 AM »
COVID-19 (then commonly referred to as "the coronavirus") was declared a global pandemic 4 years ago today.

Millions have died, and a surprisingly large number of people - mostly unvaccinated - have continued to die from Covid and/or related effects.

From the NYT: Consider that about 95 percent of recent Covid-related hospitalizations in the U.S. have occurred among people who had not received an updated vaccine. This chart, based on data from Washington State, helps show the protective power of vaccines, especially for the elderly:

To this day, more than 30 percent of self-identified Republicans have not received a Covid vaccine shot, compared with less than 10 percent of Democrats. You can see the tragic effects of vaccine skepticism in this chart, which compares the death rates in red and blue counties:

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2024, 03:26:00 AM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-68477735

And some people are afraid of a single jab. 62 year old man gets 217 covid vaccines since they were released, no ill effects. Never got COVID.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2024, 12:48:55 PM »
Finally, the study that roqqet has been waiting for.

Truly the 1/10 dentists who don't approve

feedback