[Today at 12:08:31 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 College Football thread  (Read 63454 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: 2021-22 College Football thread
« Reply #300 on: October 09, 2021, 10:50:16 PM »
Bye-Bye Bama??
God, no.

I thought that kick was going left.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #301 on: October 09, 2021, 10:51:42 PM »
Wow.  That kick was a total shank but then sliced back right?   I thought it was 10 yards dead left before it curved. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2021, 10:55:24 PM »
I don’t have any grievance against Bama. However it was nice to see A and M get the upset.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2021, 10:55:41 PM »
Wow.  That kick was a total shank but then sliced back right?   I thought it was 10 yards dead left before it curved.

Crazy. Glad the kid made it. You could tell he was nervous.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2021, 11:16:27 PM »
The kick wasn’t a “total shank,” Muggs. Go golfing with me sometime and I’ll show you some shanks!

A lot of kickers have natural fade or draw on their kicks. I don’t know anything about this TAMU kicker, but isn’t it possible that he started it left on purpose because he knows his kicks tend to fade?

I admit that at first I thought he missed it, but it ended up comfortably inside the left upright.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2021, 11:27:03 PM »
The kick wasn’t a “total shank,” Muggs. Go golfing with me sometime and I’ll show you some shanks!

A lot of kickers have natural fade or draw on their kicks. I don’t know anything about this TAMU kicker, but isn’t it possible that he started it left on purpose because he knows his kicks tend to fade?

I admit that at first I thought he missed it, but it ended up comfortably inside the left upright.

A "natural fade"?  I'm gonna go with a no on that one.  That thing had no chance if it was beyond 40 yrds.  More like a natural pull/slice/shank.  This kid was clearly Shpilkiss??

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #306 on: October 09, 2021, 11:28:37 PM »
Sorry.  Shpilkes.  :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2021, 07:15:27 AM »
A "natural fade"?  I'm gonna go with a no on that one.  That thing had no chance if it was beyond 40 yrds.  More like a natural pull/slice/shank.  This kid was clearly Shpilkiss??

You've watched football for a long time, Muggs. You really haven't noticed that many kickers have natural fades and draws?

I am NOT saying that was the case with this one, as that's the first kick I've ever noticed this guy take. I simply don't know.

And go back and watch that kick again. Given the direction it was traveling at the end, it would have been good from 50+.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
Between Arkansas / Ole Miss, Texas / Oklahoma, Penn State / Iowa, Nebraska / Michigan and Alabama / TAMU, yesterday was such a great day for college football.

I wish the NFL would allow networks to places multiple games in the three Sunday windows.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »
BTW MU82, I think LSU might be coming for the Panthers' OC at the end of the year.  No way does Orgeron survive unless they turn their season around in a massive way.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
BTW MU82, I think LSU might be coming for the Panthers' OC at the end of the year.  No way does Orgeron survive unless they turn their season around in a massive way.

He’ll get an NFL job first
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
Between Arkansas / Ole Miss, Texas / Oklahoma, Penn State / Iowa, Nebraska / Michigan and Alabama / TAMU, yesterday was such a great day for college football.

I wish the NFL would allow networks to places multiple games in the three Sunday windows.

Toss in Notre Dame/Virginia Tech game as well last night. Outstanding day!
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »

After today's game, whatevs.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »
I accidenly looked at the Graham Mertz' merch website by opening my email from a buddy trying to mess with me.  30 bucks for a "GM" T-shirt?  Did the price go up after that huge win over Illinois?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2021, 04:56:43 PM »
I accidenly looked at the Graham Mertz' merch website by opening my email from a buddy trying to mess with me.  30 bucks for a "GM" T-shirt?  Did the price go up after that huge win over Illinois?

Price goes up with every interception.  Should be a $70 shirt by the end of the season.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2021, 05:23:08 PM »
Price goes up with every interception.  Should be a $70 shirt by the end of the season.

Ha.  I guess I didn't realize the strategy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »
Badgers dismiss Jalen Berger from the team.  No reason specified.  Local media currently waiting for the press release
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2021, 10:25:06 AM »

He’ll get an NFL job first

More on this ...

At least two Eagles defenders talked about knowing what was coming from the Panthers on a couple of key plays. And afterward, Rhule also said the offense had gotten too predictable, especially in big situations.

In general, my thought on Brady after watching every Panthers play since he's been here is that he's been fine. The idea that he was ready for a head-coaching job after last season, when he had a couple of interviews, was laughable. Now, the Panthers have some pretty big injuries -- were without their best offensive player and two starting linemen these last 2 losses, and that limits what an offense can do. But that's when a great offensive coordinator should be worth his weight in gold, no?

Anybody who watches the Panthers and says, "Wow, Joe Brady is an offensive genius!" must be watching different games than I am. He's not awful. I don't want to fire him. I just don't see the "special." Not yet in the NFL, anyway. What he did with Burrow at LSU, that certainly qualifies as "special," so I could see the allure for LSU.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2021, 11:15:24 AM »
More on this ...

At least two Eagles defenders talked about knowing what was coming from the Panthers on a couple of key plays. And afterward, Rhule also said the offense had gotten too predictable, especially in big situations.

In general, my thought on Brady after watching every Panthers play since he's been here is that he's been fine. The idea that he was ready for a head-coaching job after last season, when he had a couple of interviews, was laughable. Now, the Panthers have some pretty big injuries -- were without their best offensive player and two starting linemen these last 2 losses, and that limits what an offense can do. But that's when a great offensive coordinator should be worth his weight in gold, no?

Anybody who watches the Panthers and says, "Wow, Joe Brady is an offensive genius!" must be watching different games than I am. He's not awful. I don't want to fire him. I just don't see the "special." Not yet in the NFL, anyway. What he did with Burrow at LSU, that certainly qualifies as "special," so I could see the allure for LSU.

Don’t get caught up in where the current team ranks.  Matt LaFleur was the OC for the Rams in 2017 but that was McVay’s offense.  LaFleur’s stint in 2018 in Tennessee was, “eh”. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2021, 03:11:31 PM »
Don’t get caught up in where the current team ranks.  Matt LaFleur was the OC for the Rams in 2017 but that was McVay’s offense.  LaFleur’s stint in 2018 in Tennessee was, “eh”.

Not sure what you're saying, Unk. The Panthers' offense is 100% Brady's. He designed it, he calls all the plays. He deserves lots of credit when things go well, and plenty of blame when it doesn't.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #320 on: October 11, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
Not sure what you're saying, Unk. The Panthers' offense is 100% Brady's. He designed it, he calls all the plays. He deserves lots of credit when things go well, and plenty of blame when it doesn't.

I’m saying the results right now when discussing his future don’t mean much.  He’s still a hot commodity because he looks a lot like LaFleur, Staley and McVay and is young

MU82

• All American
« Reply #321 on: October 11, 2021, 03:59:59 PM »
I’m saying the results right now when discussing his future don’t mean much.  He’s still a hot commodity because he looks a lot like LaFleur, Staley and McVay and is young

Ah ... understood. Thanks.

I hope he does better the rest of the season and truly earns a head-coaching job.

And if he doesn't do better the rest of the season, I hope he gets a head-coaching job and my Panthers can get an OC just as talented.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2021, 04:01:57 PM »
Ah ... understood. Thanks.

I hope he does better the rest of the season and truly earns a head-coaching job.

And if he doesn't do better the rest of the season, I hope he gets a head-coaching job and my Panthers can get an OC just as talented.

It’s easy to justify hiring him, he had Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as QBs.  He did all he could!

I have no idea if he’ll be any good as a head coach but it’s a copycat league as we know

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2021, 04:38:01 PM »

Who has the bigger discounts? Mertz or Spencer Rattler?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2021, 05:01:57 PM »
Who has the bigger discounts? Mertz or Spencer Rattler?

I'm not the biggest Rattler fan, but assuming Williams keeps the job, he'll transfer and have a bunch of B12/SEC/Pac12 interest.  He was first team All-Big12 last year and while he wasn't good on Saturday, he'd been pretty good so far this year, he was excellent against KSU the week before.

If Mertz gets benched and transfers, after already losing the job to Jack Coan, who stinks, he probably ends up at Kansas or an AAC school at best.

feedback