collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 College Football thread  (Read 63605 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: 2021-22 College Football thread
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2021, 07:49:10 PM »
As I understand it  schools like Ohio State and Marquette require that all students be vaccinated but Madison does not. Anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Madison does not. But you must be tested weekly if you are not vaccinated. Currently, over 88% of students are fully vaccinated and 91% of students have received at least one dose. Also, 92% of employees are fully vaccinated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »
Any Madison loss is a good loss. If ND falls tomorrow, it will be a perfect college football weekend!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2021, 09:28:32 PM »
Any Madison loss is a good loss. If ND falls tomorrow, it will be a perfect college football weekend!

Least favorite college sports teams:

1.UW basketball
2.UW basketball
3.UW basketball
4.UW basketball
5.UW basketball
6.UW basketball
7.UW basketball
8.UW basketball
9.UW football
10.Any basketball team not Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
Least favorite college sports teams:

1.UW basketball
2.UW basketball
3.UW basketball
4.UW basketball
5.UW basketball
6.UW basketball
7.UW basketball
8.UW basketball
9.UW football
10.Any basketball team not Marquette

I like that list … though I do separate football from basketball.

My two favorite college football teams are whoever is playing  Madison and ND in a given week.

Basketball … hard to argue with your list!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2021, 11:04:03 PM »
I was told by many people in Madison Mertz "would be the best QB in the country" this year.  It's a small sample size but I'm gonna say no to that one.

Maybe he should have spent less time working in a personal logo and selling gear….

https://grahammertzshop.com/

And how about this Vanderbilt Commodores, everyone?

“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2021, 11:15:47 PM »
Maybe he should have spent less time working in a personal logo and selling gear….

https://grahammertzshop.com/

And how about this Vanderbilt Commodores, everyone?

Losing by 20 to an FCS school who went 7-11 the last 2 seasons isn’t good?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2021, 11:36:29 AM »
The ACC sucks, so Clemson will still win lots of conference games with defense, coaching and running. But Trevor Lawrence ain't walking through that door.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2021, 04:02:13 PM »
Rough day for the Pac-12.
#20 Washington lost to Montana of the FCS level.
Washington State lost to Utah State
Cal lost to Nevada.

UCLA help the cause with a big win over #16 LSU.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
So the Badgers kept the wrong QB.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »
So the Badgers kept the wrong QB.
I bet Mertz would look like a different QB elsewhere.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2021, 09:10:07 PM »
I bet Mertz would look like a different QB elsewhere.

Yep. I think the lack of talent at the receiver position is a problem for UW too.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2021, 10:21:40 PM »
Wow, Joe Tessitore, what an obnoxious call tonight.  Lighten up buddy, it’s a college football game, not the fate of the world riding on the outcome, with every storyline within the game overhyped and  overdramatized

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:33 PM »
Man ND blowing an 18 pt lead would have been a fantastic ending to an opening weekend of CFB.

Would have been an incredible story for Milton

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:42 PM »
Wow, Joe Tessitore, what an obnoxious call tonight.  Lighten up buddy, it’s a college football game, not the fate of the world riding on the outcome, with every storyline within the game overhyped and  overdramatized

Abysmal announcer.  Well said Hutch.  :)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2021, 10:43:43 PM »
Abysmal announcer.  Well said Hutch.  :)

One of the worst play by play I’ve ever heard.  Is he really ESPN/ ABC no 1 guy?!?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2021, 10:59:04 PM »
One of the worst play by play I’ve ever heard.  Is he really ESPN/ ABC no 1 guy?!?

Isn't it still Fowler?  I dunno.  I just remember finding Tessatore unlistenable and insufferable the first time I heard him on a broadcast.    That's exactly right.  He should give me a call if he wants to use hyperbole effectively.  :)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2021, 11:11:03 PM »
Isn't it still Fowler?  I dunno.  I just remember finding Tessatore unlistenable and insufferable the first time I heard him on a broadcast.    That's exactly right.  He should give me a call if he wants to use hyperbole effectively.  :)

I thought it’s Fowler too, hopefully so. 

Except for when the Packers play, I’ve paid little attention to MNF over the past several years, but can see clearly why Tessitore was dumped from that gig. 

It wasn’t that long ago we were still listening to icons like Keith Jackson, Verne Lundquist, Musberger call the top games.  What a come down from those days. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2021, 11:21:05 PM »
I thought it’s Fowler too, hopefully so. 

Except for when the Packers play, I’ve paid little attention to MNF over the past several years, but can see clearly why Tessitore was dumped from that gig. 

It wasn’t that long ago we were still listening to icons like Keith Jackson, Verne Lundquist, Musberger call the top games.  What a come down from those days.

Fowler is at the USOpen.  I'm not a huge college football guy but I do remember that Keith Jackson was fantastic.  My take is Ian Eagle is the best overall announcer but I'm not sure he does college football.  I guess Verne is done with football? He has always been outstanding.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2021, 11:41:11 PM »
Fowler is at the USOpen.  I'm not a huge college football guy but I do remember that Keith Jackson was fantastic.  My take is Ian Eagle is the best overall announcer but I'm not sure he does college football.  I guess Verne is done with football? He has always been outstanding.

Huge Ian Eagle fan too. Think he was on the call for our comeback against Davidson. 😁

Verne is retired unfortunately.

What any good play by play announcer understands is it’s not about them and they’re not trying to be bigger than the game they’re calling.  Which is unfortunately lost on the hack who called tonight’s game.  Took away from an exciting game too.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2021, 12:15:58 AM »
Huge Ian Eagle fan too. Think he was on the call for our comeback against Davidson. 😁

Verne is retired unfortunately.

What any good play by play announcer understands is it’s not about them and they’re not trying to be bigger than the game they’re calling.  Which is unfortunately lost on the hack who called tonight’s game.  Took away from an exciting game too.

Great points.  And that's exactly why Eagle is so good and a total pro.  Verne did the 2003 MU S16 and E8 games.  "There are some maneuvers for which there is no defense."  :)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »
Chris Fowler #1
Sean McDonough #2
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2021, 08:10:11 AM »

He is solid at play by play. Everything else is poor. Overhyped the great opening weekend of games. Saying in the "history". Please, it was about 5 years ago we had seven match up vs ranked match ups. Tess needs to learn his history.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »

Why would you waste your #1 guy on Notre Dame? Maybe use the thursday Night MAC Conference guy instead.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »
Brad Davison has to be better at quarterback than Graham Mertz, doesn’t he? And clearly his future in basketball is some mid level league overseas at best. So maybe it’d be in his best option to make that move too.

Davison iz a nut job, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »
Two blows to the Big Ten.

Michigan star WR Ronnie Bell's season-ending leg injury.

PJ Fleck confirmed Monday that running back Mohamed Ibrahim will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a lower leg injury.
-Bill Walton