Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UCLA/MU Next Year  (Read 18782 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: UCLA/MU Next Year
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2021, 06:15:26 AM »
The last thing anyone wants is the party that has tried to cancel Delta Airlines, Major League Baseball, Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, "Woke Companies", Goodyear Tire, Megan Kelly, Rolling Stone, Glenfiddich, Oreo Cookies, Apple, all Apple products, Mexico (the entire country), Italy (the entire country), CNN, AT&T, Macy's, HBO, Jonah Goldberg from National Review, Univision, Charles Krauthammer, Karl Rove, newspapers in Dallas and Arizona, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal editorial board, Young Pharoah, GOP House members Tom Rice, Dan Newhouse, Adam Kinzinger, Anthony Gonzalez, Fred Upton, Jaime Herrera-Beutler, Peter Meijer, John Katko, David Valadao, GOP Senators Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, Ben Sasse, and Pat Toomey, and an entire presidential election having free rein.
every gop politician you’ve mentioned have cancelled themselves. Mitt Romney...a special kind of terd. Adam Kinzinger...rimming. Next time you fly...to Mexico, no doubt, have your ID ready. To Vote? Forgetaboutit.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2021, 06:27:54 AM »
every gop politician you’ve mentioned have cancelled themselves. Mitt Romney...a special kind of terd. Adam Kinzinger...rimming. Next time you fly...to Mexico, no doubt, have your ID ready. To Vote? Forgetaboutit.

UCLA sucks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2021, 06:47:50 AM »
This is spectacular.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2021, 07:30:54 AM »
What a cluster.

IBFTL

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2021, 08:52:06 AM »
Nice conversation, dgies and naginiF. Thanks for showing respect to each other and making good points.

From what I can tell, there are many issues where Brother NaginiF and I disagree. But the common bond we have is the responsibility to treat each other respectfully and to hear each other out. If we understand each other, we find consensus in mutual respect, even if we disagree on how to attain a specific goal.

We're on opposite sides of this God thing, but the core belief we both have, if I can put words in both of our mouths, is that we're all equal in the eyes of our government and we do certain things because we care about each other.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
I doubt UCLA pulls out early.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2021, 08:53:46 AM »
I doubt UCLA pulls out early.

This joke has been Bruin for a while.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2021, 09:08:33 AM »
From what I can tell, there are many issues where Brother NaginiF and I disagree. But the common bond we have is the responsibility to treat each other respectfully and to hear each other out. If we understand each other, we find consensus in mutual respect, even if we disagree on how to attain a specific goal.

We're on opposite sides of this God thing, but the core belief we both have, if I can put words in both of our mouths, is that we're all equal in the eyes of our government and we do certain things because we care about each other.
Agree - I've found there's very little difference in thought and action between a christian (or follower of any religion) who is truly faithful and an atheist that is truly thoughtful.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2021, 09:11:40 AM »
They’re bringing in two top 50 guys and returning the majority of their team. Even better if Juzang comes back. Top 5 is somewhat ambitious, but they’ll be a top tier P12 team and top 25 for sure.
To support your point the final AP Coaches poll had them at #7 after their final four run.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2021, 09:16:34 AM »

Agree - I've found there's very little difference in thought and action between a christian (or follower of any religion) who is truly faithful and an atheist that is truly thoughtful.

My feelings exactly.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2021, 04:05:32 PM »
This is spectacular.
you the man!!
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »
Andy Katz has UCLA at No. 1 in his "too early Power 36" look.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2021-04-06/way-too-early-power-36-rankings-2021-22-college-basketball-season?fbclid=IwAR3l3LYUwv6SV7yw5zMZwn6I3O4tpAAG-dykQYYyhwWTvUHm0dSAknvdOGY

The Bruins had no senior contributors on a Final Four team. Mick Cronin has built a culture of winning, defense and toughness.

They also barely made the 2021 NCAA tournament -- meaning they weren't in the committee's "Power 36" this past season -- but whatevs.

He has Texas at No. 27, saying: Chris Beard. That’s all the information you need. He will put together a winning roster.

In addition to his Power 36, he has 16 teams listed as "Under Consideration," including Notre Dame, UConn, Seton Hall and Stan's LMU team.

Marquette ... nowhere to be seen. I guess he's not as impressed with Shaka as Jim Rome is.

I am looking forward to Katz writing next year about MU having been "overlooked" ... and forgetting to mention that he was one of the overlookers!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »
Last August he had his Becky at #6. Lol

Not the brightest dude when it comes to college basketball tbh
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2021, 09:41:38 PM »
Andy Katz has UCLA at No. 1 in his "too early Power 36" look.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2021-04-06/way-too-early-power-36-rankings-2021-22-college-basketball-season?fbclid=IwAR3l3LYUwv6SV7yw5zMZwn6I3O4tpAAG-dykQYYyhwWTvUHm0dSAknvdOGY

The Bruins had no senior contributors on a Final Four team. Mick Cronin has built a culture of winning, defense and toughness.

They also barely made the 2021 NCAA tournament -- meaning they weren't in the committee's "Power 36" this past season -- but whatevs.

He has Texas at No. 27, saying: Chris Beard. That’s all the information you need. He will put together a winning roster.

In addition to his Power 36, he has 16 teams listed as "Under Consideration," including Notre Dame, UConn, Seton Hall and Stan's LMU team.

Marquette ... nowhere to be seen. I guess he's not as impressed with Shaka as Jim Rome is.

I am looking forward to Katz writing next year about MU having been "overlooked" ... and forgetting to mention that he was one of the overlookers!

But of course I was attacked when I stated top 5.  We will never be free until shortism is abolished.  :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2021, 09:42:38 PM »
But of course I was attacked when I stated top 5.  We will never be free until shortism is abolished.  :)

OK, Muggs. I give you credit for being just about as wrong as Katz!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2021, 09:46:19 PM »
OK, Muggs. I give you credit for being just about as wrong as Katz!

Ha!!  If you give me a good Kreplach soup recipe I will forgive you.  That's the bomb... but seems rather difficult to make.

Kreplach >  Matzo Ball?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2021, 09:52:38 PM »
The last thing anyone wants is the party that has tried to cancel Delta Airlines, Major League Baseball, Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson, "Woke Companies", Goodyear Tire, Megan Kelly, Rolling Stone, Glenfiddich, Oreo Cookies, Apple, all Apple products,

Mexico (the entire country), Italy (the

entire country), CNN, AT&T, Macy's, HBO, Jonah Goldberg from National Review, Univision, Charles Krauthammer, Karl Rove, newspapers in Dallas and Arizona, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal editorial board, Young Pharoah, GOP House members Tom Rice, Dan Newhouse, Adam Kinzinger, Anthony Gonzalez, Fred Upton, Jaime Herrera-Beutler, Peter Meijer, John Katko, David Valadao, GOP Senators Richard Burr, Bill Cassidy, Lisa Murkowski, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, Ben Sasse, and Pat Toomey, and an entire presidential election having free rein.

This sounds like a Billy Joel song
Take a breath

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2021, 10:01:55 PM »
Looks like Katz took about 15 min to write that article.  Hilariously low effort

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »
Looks like Katz took about 15 min to write that article.  Hilariously low effort

He's not particularly good.....

but that doesn't mean he's always wrong.  :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2021, 10:46:29 PM »

Katz gonna be Katz.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2021, 10:53:08 PM »
Last August he had his Becky at #6. Lol

Not the brightest dude when it comes to college basketball tbh

I blame his education.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2021, 11:12:17 PM »
I blame his education.

A lesson in what can happen if you don’t invest in your future…

MU82

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2021, 11:21:09 PM »
Ha!!  If you give me a good Kreplach soup recipe I will forgive you.  That's the bomb... but seems rather difficult to make.

Kreplach >  Matzo Ball?

My mom won the award for Worst Matzo Ball Soup By Jewish Mother. My wife, a gentile ... she makes good soup.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2021, 11:49:48 PM »
My mom won the award for Worst Matzo Ball Soup By Jewish Mother. My wife, a gentile ... she makes good soup.

I have a very close friend who was raised  Orthodox and I sat through a Seder.  That was a little tough but his grandma dropped the hammer with some of those courses.  All I know is I was ready to eat about 1/10 of the way through.  I'm not being hyperbolic, it took forever.  Is there not a time limit MU82?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2021, 07:00:47 AM »
I have a very close friend who was raised  Orthodox and I sat through a Seder.  That was a little tough but his grandma dropped the hammer with some of those courses.  All I know is I was ready to eat about 1/10 of the way through.  I'm not being hyperbolic, it took forever.  Is there not a time limit MU82?

No, there is not, Muggs. I love the question, though. Made me laugh.

If you think an Orthodox seder took forever, you should be a kid trying to sit through a Yom Kippur service. Because of the history of the Jewish people, I will not use a word like "torture," but you get the idea!

feedback