[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Passports  (Read 10590 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vaccine Passports
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
Why does it have to be a passport?  If the concern is that nobody is going to spread the virus, why not use the quick temperature check at the entrance to a game or concert or at the airport?  That's what hospitals and other places have been using prior to the vaccine, and it doesn't discriminate against anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for whatever reason.

Because you can pass along the virus when you are presymptomatic.

Honestly, were people not paying attention months ago?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:55 PM »
They still are not. The vaccine is the end game and your get out of jail card. Take it in your arm and 2 weeks later you are done with this nonsense, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2021, 08:53:59 PM »
They still are not. The vaccine is the end game and your get out of jail card. Take it in your arm and 2 weeks later you are done with this nonsense, hey?

kinda like fentenyl laced heroin, eh?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2021, 09:06:58 PM »
What is enough?  70% is the number i hear.  What if 35% are against the vaccine is the past year the new normal.  At some point we need to move on with or without this passport.  If you do not want to get vaccinated that is your choice but it should not stop the rest of us from getting back to normal

The percent depends on whatever message Fauci is trying to send at a particular moment in time. It's constantly in flux and can even be different for different people, just cause. #science

---------------
How about... 'been positive' passports as well? Next week, why would I need a vaccine when I just had Covid?

7 days and I'll be at the Twins game. 8 days and I'll be at the TWolves game. Leggggoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps - normally wouldn't look forward to sitting through a TWolves game, even against the Nets... but, this one I kind of am. #HotDate
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2021, 09:14:18 PM »

Yep. Because they don't have a vaccine passport system, and Canada is well behind us in vaccinations.

Doesn't change what I said; they would likely change the requirement if there was a reliable way of verifying vaccination status.

You mean to tell me their national health system does not keep records of who was vaccinated?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 09:30:24 PM »
You mean to tell me their national health system does not keep records of who was vaccinated?

They do, but you ignored the part about Canada being way behind us in vaccinating people. I have a friend whose 90-year-old mother just got her first shot. Them rolling out a passport this early in the game would be meaningless.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2021, 09:38:27 PM »

They do, but you ignored the part about Canada being way behind us in vaccinating people. I have a friend whose 90-year-old mother just got her first shot. Them rolling out a passport this early in the game would be meaningless.

I think the "passport" is a terrible idea.  That said, a country like Canada that 1) has Fed-Med and 2) is just starting to vax people would be a better place to start that trying to play catch-up in a country like the US, where we are doing very good in vaxxing and have no way of knowing, in any kind of actionable way, who has and hasn't gotten the shot.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2021, 09:43:57 PM »
I think the "passport" is a terrible idea.  That said, a country like Canada that 1) has Fed-Med and 2) is just starting to vax people would be a better place to start that trying to play catch-up in a country like the US, where we are doing very good in vaxxing and have no way of knowing, in any kind of actionable way, who has and hasn't gotten the shot.

That’s fine. But if the government and/or business community follows your approach and waits, we won’t have full stadiums for six months or more.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »

That’s fine. But if the government and/or business community follows your approach and waits, we won’t have full stadiums for six months or more.

or at some point, teams and stadia are going to say F it, enter at your own risk.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 09:52:31 PM »
or at some point, teams and stadia are going to say F it, enter at your own risk.

You might be right, but I doubt it. Way too much liability.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 09:56:45 PM »

What's the crime or what are the damages, and how does a plaintiff prove it?

#OpenUp
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 10:04:16 PM »

Prove that that you caught it at the FF.  Or Miller Park.  Or Pick N Save.  Or at school.  Or at the nudie bar. 

You can't.

Eventually $$ talks, and these teams can't keep playing behind closed doors or at reduced attendance.  Especially once the vaccine rate gets higher (35%+ in WI for the first dose, IIRC.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2021, 10:09:14 PM »
Prove that that you caught it at the FF.  Or Miller Park.  Or Pick N Save.  Or at school.  Or at the nudie bar. 

You can't.

Eventually $$ talks, and these teams can't keep playing behind closed doors or at reduced attendance.  Especially once the vaccine rate gets higher (35%+ in WI for the first dose, IIRC.)

Maybe. Maybe not. Guess we will see.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2021, 10:13:45 PM »

Why would a passport be necessary if a Canadian citizen can access his/her vaccination records proving they have been vaccinated for all sorts of diseases including COVID? I am sure parents get theses records all the time so their children can go to school so why not an adult so they come into the country?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:16:21 PM by muwarrior69 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2021, 10:19:04 PM »
Why would a passport be necessary if a Canadian citizen can access his/her vaccination records proving they have been vaccinated for all sorts of diseases including COVID?

I don’t know the process for accessing a Canadian citizen’s healthcare records, so I can’t answer that. In any event, I’m more concerned with what happens here, so I’ll focus on that from now on, and you can worry about Canada if you prefer.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2021, 05:15:26 AM »
Even their own citizens must quarantine upon re-entering Canada even if vaccinated.  Can't speak to Australia.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

My wife knows someone who's married to an Australian.  They moved to Australia this year and they had to quarantine for 2 weeks before they could even move into their new house.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2021, 07:17:44 AM »
I think ‘vaccine passport’, the words, have now been designed to be the next meaningless fight.  In reality no national system is getting created in time for it to be useful, no matter if you feel you like it or don’t like it. 

In practice, I would guess there will be a period of time where the vaccinated will be able to do things the unvaccinated can’t. It will likely be up to the person to show their vaccine card or a picture of it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2021, 08:00:31 AM »
This is simply incorrect.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2021, 08:12:13 AM »
I think ‘vaccine passport’, the words, have now been designed to be the next meaningless fight.  In reality no national system is getting created in time for it to be useful, no matter if you feel you like it or don’t like it. 

In practice, I would guess there will be a period of time where the vaccinated will be able to do things the unvaccinated can’t. It will likely be up to the person to show their vaccine card or a picture of it.

Completely agree.  It will be one of those things a year from now that we will have trouble remembering what the fuss was about. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2021, 08:44:19 AM »
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

Can you point me to the section that says Canada believes vaccinations provide no protection against the virus?

That was your claim earlier.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure every shot recipient is being reported to health department vaccine registries.

the "any kind of actionable way" would be translating the centrally held EMR to something that a private business could ask for access to, like "show me your vaccine records" before I sell you coffee.

It's the same concept and mechanism that surround mandatory vaccination of children for school (at least until idiots and grifters bribed anti-vax exemptions into existence, but even that relies on a central repository of who *hasn't* been vaccinated).

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2021, 09:16:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure every shot recipient is being reported to health department vaccine registries.
This is exactly right.

the "any kind of actionable way" would be translating the centrally held EMR to something that a private business could ask for access to, like "show me your vaccine records" before I sell you coffee.
Right. Though practically, the private business won't be querying the records themselves, they'll use one of the dozens of companies currently working to pull this information into a usable, provable vax pass. And right now, the issue of writing APIs into the 50+ databases isn't a problem, the problem is that the health department databases themselves could be generously described as "chaotic".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »
This is exactly right.
Right. Though practically, the private business won't be querying the records themselves, they'll use one of the dozens of companies currently working to pull this information into a usable, provable vax pass. And right now, the issue of writing APIs into the 50+ databases isn't a problem, the problem is that the health department databases themselves could be generously described as "chaotic".

18 states, including Wisconsin use the same immunization tracking system. So, a big chunk can be addressed (and private companies are furiously working to make that data available safely and effectively  ;) ) but yes, some states are a mess and others such as Florida are actively preventing access to that information.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
Can you point me to the section that says Canada believes vaccinations provide no protection against the virus?

That was your claim earlier.

Their actions say that as they specifically state you must quarantine for 3 days even if you're vaccinated.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
So, the party of Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Fast and Furious Solyndra Uranium One Vince Foster Christmas card list tan suit Seth Rich baby Parts her emails Sidney Blumenthal secret lesbian and the TARMAC is now freaking out about "Covid Passports"? Biden and his jack-booted thugs are going to FORCE YOU to carry a Covid Passport to go to any sporting event or concert, local bar or day-care center. It's left-wing authoritarianism!!!

The funniest part is that there are actually people - even here on Scoop - that believe this. Stupidity running rampant! I'm guessing these evil passports will come in a tiny plastic wallet with a picture of The Cat in the Hat on the cover.