collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Passports  (Read 10602 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vaccine Passports
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 06:01:53 PM »
I think the current opposition is rooted in a general mistrust in our government more than anything.  If the general public trusted the government (including Fauci and the CDC) there would be little opposition at all to a COVID vaccine.  In fact, there'd be a mad rush to get jabbed.

Our gov't literally told people not to trust Fauci - who is a public servant, not a politician. You think maybe that might be why certain people don't trust him?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 08:22:46 PM »
Our gov't literally told people not to trust Fauci - who is a public servant, not a politician. You think maybe that might be why certain people don't trust him?

Eh, I'm pretty weary of fauci after the whole being in charge of aids thing.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 08:32:06 PM »
Eh, I'm pretty weary of fauci after the whole being in charge of aids thing.

Well, it’s pretty obvious that a guy who sold buildings would know more than a guy who was involved with infectious diseases for 40 years. Duh...

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 08:38:34 PM »
Well, it’s pretty obvious that a guy who sold buildings would know more than a guy who was involved with infectious diseases for 40 years. Duh...

Yup thats what I said   8-)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 09:15:37 AM »

Ugh. HIPAA has become the 21st century excuse to try to get out of nearly anything.

Can’t wait until someone tries to argue that requiring them to file their income taxes violates HIPAA, because the forms ask questions about deductions for healthcare expenses. 😂

Now do the ADA.  For a while on our vehicles, certain passengers could decline wearing a seat-belt because if they were riding a city bus they weren't required to wear one.  And they are afforded equal treatment under the ADA. 

Absolutely terrifying from a business standpoint.  Luckily the city changed their policy.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 06:01:38 AM »
If I wanted to travel internationally, I could see the benefit.    Other than that, meh.    Wait until enough are vaccinated and all go together.

Would not matter if you went to Canada. Even if you have been vaccinated and have no place to go you must quarantine for at least 3 days at your own expense in a hotel.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 07:58:02 AM »
If you’re an Australian returning  home, vaccinated or not, it’s 14 days hotel quarantine at your own expense, no choice of location. You find out where you go when the bus pulls up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 08:00:33 AM »
Would not matter if you went to Canada. Even if you have been vaccinated and have no place to go you must quarantine for at least 3 days at your own expense in a hotel.

If I wanted to go to Canada or Australia, I would play by their rules.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 08:44:18 AM »
Oh no question about it. Was just throwing it out there for informational purposes. Reading how people cope with it has actually been interesting for me.
DeSantis order in Florida forbids government entities from issuing vaccine passports,  how’s  that gonna work if other countries he doesn't control require them?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
Oh no question about it. Was just throwing it out there for informational purposes. Reading how people cope with it has actually been interesting for me.
DeSantis order in Florida forbids government entities from issuing vaccine passports,  how’s  that gonna work if other countries he doesn't control require them?

1. He doesn't care because he is fighting the culture war instead of making good policy.

2. Private entities will probably issue something that will be acceptable.  Although I don't think vaccine passports are going to be that necessary in the next 12-18 months.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2021, 09:29:33 AM »

It also forbids Florida businesses from asking for proof of vaccination. Wonder where the cruise industry moves to? Who needed them in Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral and Tampa anyway?
DeathSantis not only kills citizens but entire industries as well!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 09:55:03 AM »
It also forbids Florida businesses from asking for proof of vaccination. Wonder where the cruise industry moves to? Who needed them in Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral and Tampa anyway?
DeathSantis not only kills citizens but entire industries as well!

Cruise ship companies ain’t based in Florida

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2021, 10:36:09 AM »
Media reports said it’s unclear how it affects entities like cruise lines.
So much for the philosophy of local control and letting businesses decide things for themselves lol

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 11:27:40 AM »
Media reports said it’s unclear how it affects entities like cruise lines.
So much for the philosophy of local control and letting businesses decide things for themselves lol

Why aren't these fools protesting over driver's licenses? A required government "paper" if you want to drive. Then the gov't tells us how fast we can go. Then they tell us when we have to stop. Then they tell us what side of the road to drive on.

When will this government overreach stop? We are supposed to be free.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2021, 11:31:12 AM »
The flipping of sides from voter Id and then covid passports is funny to me.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2021, 12:18:17 PM »
If I wanted to go to Canada or Australia, I would play by their rules.

So according to their rules vaccination provides no benefit against COVID as you might still be infected and spread the disease.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
So according to their rules vaccination provides no benefit against COVID as you might still be infected and spread the disease.

Source?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2021, 01:14:45 PM »
Cruise ship companies ain’t based in Florida
They do business in Florida, a lot of business.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »
Why aren't these fools protesting over driver's licenses? A required government "paper" if you want to drive. Then the gov't tells us how fast we can go. Then they tell us when we have to stop. Then they tell us what side of the road to drive on.

When will this government overreach stop? We are supposed to be free.

I'm kinda pissed the FAA won't let me just jump into the cockpit of a loaded 747 and give it a shot. After all, I've tried a few flight simulators and I only crash about half of the time. Damn deep state.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2021, 01:49:24 PM »

No. Their rules are based on the fact that we don't have a reliable vaccine passport system to provide proof of vaccination. The paper cards are too easily forged.

If the US government came up with a secure and verifiable vaccine passport system (similar in security to the regular passport system), I suspect those governments would change their rules.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 06:23:04 PM »

No. Their rules are based on the fact that we don't have a reliable vaccine passport system to provide proof of vaccination. The paper cards are too easily forged.

If the US government came up with a secure and verifiable vaccine passport system (similar in security to the regular passport system), I suspect those governments would change their rules.

Even their own citizens must quarantine upon re-entering Canada even if vaccinated.  Can't speak to Australia.

muwarrior69

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »
Even their own citizens must quarantine upon re-entering Canada even if vaccinated.  Can't speak to Australia.

Yep. Because they don't have a vaccine passport system, and Canada is well behind us in vaccinations.

Doesn't change what I said; they would likely change the requirement if there was a reliable way of verifying vaccination status.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 07:47:08 PM »
Why does it have to be a passport?  If the concern is that nobody is going to spread the virus, why not use the quick temperature check at the entrance to a game or concert or at the airport?  That's what hospitals and other places have been using prior to the vaccine, and it doesn't discriminate against anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for whatever reason.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »
Why does it have to be a passport?  If the concern is that nobody is going to spread the virus, why not use the quick temperature check at the entrance to a game or concert or at the airport?  That's what hospitals and other places have been using prior to the vaccine, and it doesn't discriminate against anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for whatever reason.

Because temp checks are lagging indicators and basically worthless.  Just another shot in the dark at the beginning of this that hasn't gone away.

feedback