[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another day ... / mass shooting  (Read 34125 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Another day ... / mass shooting
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »
That's not the point.  Imagine the coverage if the dynamics were the opposite.

It's literally the top story on the front page of the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, NY Daily News, NY Post, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Milwaukee J-S, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Boston Globe, and dozens of other newspapers across the country, and it's on P1 everywhere (yes, including the evil New York Times).

https://www.freedomforum.org/todaysfrontpages/?tfp_display=gallery&tfp_region=USA&tfp_sort_by=state&tfp_show=all

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »
It's literally the top story on the front page of the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Newsday, NY Daily News, NY Post, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Milwaukee J-S, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Boston Globe, and dozens of other newspapers across the country, and it's on P1 everywhere (yes, including the evil New York Times).

https://www.freedomforum.org/todaysfrontpages/?tfp_display=gallery&tfp_region=USA&tfp_sort_by=state&tfp_show=all

Again, it's not about literally covering the story.  It's the narrative that would have been played if the dynamics were different. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2021, 11:16:50 AM »
Almost nothing from the mainstream media on the killer's background nor was there anything about the  disgusting Uber driver murder in DC last week.  That's the way it works with the far-left when they can't manipulate a narrative and play identity politics.  We see it time and time again.

You continue to lie over and over on this subject. You get called out and then the next time, you spew your lies again about the MSM not covering a subject.

If you want the truth about this kind of thing. check out how often Fox reported on Matt Gaetz. ZERO mentions of the biggest political story on Thursday.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »
Again, it's not about literally covering the story.  It's the narrative that would have been played if the dynamics were different.

You continue to embarrass yourself.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2021, 11:37:08 AM »

So you're whining about something that didn't happen?
The victimhood is strong with this one.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »

Muggsy, first you say there is no coverage in the “msm”. Someone posts multiple links showing that there is coverage. Then, despite what you wrote, all of a sudden “that is not the point.”

Just take the L in this one.

Regroup. Come back to fight another day.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2021, 11:48:47 AM »
If the dynamics were different the coverage would be 24/7 and probably mass protests and you all know this.  I shouldn't have written barely covered but more incessant coverage with the goal of polarizing society and creating division.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2021, 11:52:11 AM »
If the dynamics were different the coverage would be 24/7 and probably mass protests and you all know this.  I shouldn't have written barely covered but more incessant coverage with the goal of polarizing society and creating division.

You seem to be the one sewing division over an apparent suicide by cop. Sorry the guy didn't have a political motive I guess?

Stop watching cable news and your life will improve

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »
You seem to be the one sewing division over an apparent suicide by cop. Sorry the guy didn't have a political motive I guess?

Stop watching cable news and your life will improve

All of it.  CNN, Fox, etc
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2021, 12:05:06 PM »

It did happen and it was a story for like a week.  Remember the MAGA obsessed pipe bomber who sent IEDs to HRC, Cory Booker, Joe Biden...

But of course the motives of the pipe bomber was to literally kill political opponents of DTJ, opponents Trump routinely excoriated in speeches and on Twitter, but yeah whatever...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2021, 12:43:31 PM »
Yeah, why aren't we hearing more about the Louis Farrakhan following ass hole who rammed his car into police officers at the Capitol? Virtually nothing from the media. Like I said, when you're chit, you're chit, aina?

I posted it, and I'm no right-winger, as you know. And where do you think I got it? From the effen mainstream media, as others have pointed out. Virtually ALL of them ran long articles about it, some with analysis sidebars. When you have to lie to make a point, Doc, you don't have much of a point.

Anyway ... again ... thank goodness this "Louis Farrakhan following ass hole" didn't have a gun -- which is what this thread is about. Dozens probably would have died.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
Yeah but, this insurrection didn't get traction, like the other, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2021, 02:30:44 PM »

Can we have a 1 man insurrection? Do you just declare yourself to be having an insurrection, or what's the protocol there?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2021, 03:16:45 PM »

First, you lied. Now you're being ridiculous to cover your lie. Keep bending the knee, Doc, your Mad King appreciates it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2021, 04:05:53 PM »
Can we have a 1 man insurrection? Do you just declare yourself to be having an insurrection, or what's the protocol there?

Kinda like Micheal Scott?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2021, 04:14:19 PM »

The President didn’t incite this one

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »
Orr da udder won ether, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »
Orr da udder won ether, hey?

No, the guy that got humiliated in the election by a senile, old man refused to concede and kept lying to the public, insisting he won despite zero evidence to the contrary. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
Sure, you talking 'bout the election where 87% of eligible Milwaukeeans cast a vote, truckloads of ballots for Biden were suddenly found at 3:30 am, and pipes burst in ATL? Everything was on the up and up and kosher, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2021, 07:52:08 PM »
Sure, you talking 'bout the election where 87% of eligible Milwaukeeans cast a vote, truckloads of ballots for Biden were suddenly found at 3:30 am, and pipes burst in ATL? Everything was on the up and up and kosher, hey?

Y’all, don’t feed the troll.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2021, 09:12:38 PM »

Yeah, all the courts are part of the Deep State election coverup, as well. Even the SCOTUS justices and all the other conservative judges your Mad King appointed. They’re all in on it!

Tell me, does Q have a secret handshake, too?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:16:48 PM by MU82 »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2021, 11:14:45 PM »

That’s called all of the absentee and mail in ballots, since in WI poll workers weren’t allowed to count those until polls closed. Same in MI. Meanwhile, in Ohio, Biden had a big lead when the polls closed but Trump chipped away and won because they could count mail in and absentee ballots earlier.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2021, 06:50:15 AM »
It’s frightening to me that you are allowed to be free in society.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2021, 07:55:48 AM »
That’s called all of the absentee and mail in ballots, since in WI poll workers weren’t allowed to count those until polls closed. Same in MI. Meanwhile, in Ohio, Biden had a big lead when the polls closed but Trump chipped away and won because they could count mail in and absentee ballots earlier.

Yep. In a few of these states that counted ballots late, those were in accordance with laws enacted by Republican state legislatures.

But anyway, back to gun violence ...

Yeah, why aren't we hearing more about the Louis Farrakhan following ass hole who rammed his car into police officers at the Capitol? Virtually nothing from the media. Like I said, when you're chit, you're chit, aina?

As it turns out, this guy was mentally disturbed and suffered from "delusions, paranoia and suicidal thoughts."

In other words, even "Louis Farrakhan following ass holes" can be mentally ill - which is exactly what the gun-lovers say about every white supremacist terrorist who shoots people. "It's not guns, it's mental illness."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
Op-ed in today's Charlotte Observer, written by the mother of a UNC-Charlotte student who was killed while heroically trying to save fellow students from a gunman two years ago:

+++

Riley, my first child, died the way he lived – looking out for others. From an early age, it was clear he was one you could count on to have your back. He learned sign language when he was three years old, so he could talk to his deaf uncle. And when he and his friends went backpacking, he’d always volunteer to carry the heaviest pack, with the pots and pans digging into his back, to cook them a memorable meal at the day’s end. And when a shooter stormed into his UNC-Charlotte classroom on April 30, 2019 and started firing, he charged into danger to protect his classmates. He charged into danger – a decision and sacrifice he should have never had to make.

Riley was shot and killed that day, as he tackled the gunman. One other student was murdered, and four others were wounded. My life, our family, the victims’ families, and the whole UNC-Charlotte community will never be the same.

Change the setting, repeat. Change the motive, repeat. Change the people targeted, repeat. This crisis is the reality we are living in – gun violence happening anywhere, any time – with America leading the world among well-off countries in its own people being killed by fellow citizens armed with guns. To address this crisis, comprehensive gun violence prevention strategy is vital, and at the foundation of that strategy are background checks. Right now, Sens. Richard Burr and Thom Tillis have the opportunity to honor the lives of all those impacted by gun violence across our state and country by taking action on creating better background checks – a common-sense, prevention-oriented policy supported by vast, bipartisan majorities of North Carolinians, gun owners included.

Before Riley was murdered, I was a teacher; I taught middle school for 20 years in western North Carolina. I couldn’t go back to teaching, not after what happened. All the time, I cycle through my memories of Riley. I am grateful for the grace, resilience, and loving stubbornness he showed me as I learned what it meant to be a parent and he grew into the unique individual he was. We shared such perfect moments in the kitchen together – the kitchen certainly didn’t look perfect afterwards, but I smile when I think about how excited he was, trying a new recipe and getting it spot on. I remember when we (not just me, but cousins, aunts, uncles too) met his longtime girlfriend, Lauren, for the first time – on their first date, no less. They both handled the unexpected barrage with much, much more composure than I could ever imagine.

Riley lived his far-too-short life – he got to experience love, he was surrounded by beauty in nature and in his close friends whom he held dear, he gave and received steadfast companionship from the many beloved dogs in his life, he worked hard and played hard, and he knew the value of family. But like more than 100 people every day in the United States, his life was cut short by gun violence. And each of those people has left behind a whole universe. There’s a constellation of people in this country who have suffered this violent, abrupt trauma, not unlike the bullets that took our loved ones from us – a trauma that enters you, tears you up, and changes you in every way, that results in permanent devastation and unrelenting grief. And just over the past few days and weeks, that constellation – a constellation no one wants to be a part of – has grown in shocking, public fashion.

Like so many others before me, I’ve taken my trauma and turned it to advocacy. And right now, Sens. Burr and Tillis, and their colleagues in the U.S. Senate can protect lives and communities across our nation and honor those killed and wounded by gun violence by acting on strengthening our background checks laws to ensure that people who shouldn’t have guns can’t buy them at a gun show, from someone they meet on the internet, or from a total stranger with no background check and no questions asked. It’s a common-sense, constitutional policy that’s supported by 93% of Americans, including 89% of Republicans and 89% of gun owners. While there is no one law that can diminish or wipe out gun violence on its own, the collective effect of stronger gun laws can change what is happening in households, schools, and communities all over our country.

I share our story because no one else should have to live it. No more parents should have to say goodbye to their children forever. No more siblings should have to grow up without their brother, sister, mother, or father. No more.

In the moment when Riley knew that he was facing his last breaths, he chose to act to save lives. Our elected leaders, by working together and securing federal action on background checks to safeguard the well-being of our families and communities, can save lives as well. This isn’t about politics. It’s about protecting people. It’s about tightening the loopholes in our laws. It’s about our individual and collective safety. It’s about our elected officials owing us lifesaving action. It’s about creating an America free from gun violence.