Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Word is swirling : wojo is gone  (Read 73115 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Word is swirling : wojo is gone
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2021, 11:20:49 PM »
Deanes is a clown and a troll, but sure hope he’s wrong on Lewis.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2021, 11:45:38 PM »
Deanes is a clown and a troll, but sure hope he’s wrong on Lewis.

I just realized this is not the MikeDeanesDarkGlasses that I was originally assuming (bad naming choice by this guy), though I don't know that it makes him anymore credible. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2021, 12:17:10 AM »
I just realized this is not the MikeDeanesDarkGlasses that I was originally assuming (bad naming choice by this guy), though I don't know that it makes him anymore credible.

I think I dislike the former, but seat belt i have told the latter in a post-gameto enjoy the sweet embrace of an exhaust pipe. So, same sides of the coin?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2021, 01:09:23 AM »
On justin Lewis Instagram story he reposted Symir torrences transfer post with these emojis. 💔 😢. This would indicate that he is sad Symir is leaving him. Which would mean lewis staying. From what I saw Marquette baskeyball is still in his bio and he follows all the players. Just unfollowed wojo. Maybe wojo gone and he stays?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2021, 01:44:11 AM »
Just unfollowed wojo.

Unless you're certain that's true, hard to prove on Instagram.  I don't see he's following Wojo now (don't know that he ever did), but he is following Broeker and Wojo's wife - uh oh!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #330 on: March 17, 2021, 05:08:02 AM »
I think I dislike the former, but seat belt i have told the latter in a post-gameto enjoy the sweet embrace of an exhaust pipe. So, same sides of the coin?
Mike Deane would look better coaching MU than the current incumbent. BTW, is he still alive and available?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2021, 05:52:54 AM »
With all the speculation going on here, who really cares at this point who stays (i.e coaches and players) or who goes; the program desperately requires a course correction. If that means starting from scratch so be it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2021, 06:02:03 AM »
No "For Sale" signs dis mornin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:04 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/rick-pitino-has-brutally-honest-comment-on-indiana-job/ar-BB1eEtwA?li=BBnb7Kz

Pitino says he is not interested in the Indiana or any other job.    Retirement is his next option.    If you choose to believe him.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2021, 06:33:42 AM »
Unless you're certain that's true, hard to prove on Instagram.  I don't see he's following Wojo now (don't know that he ever did), but he is following Broeker and Wojo's wife - uh oh!
hmm. Well, Delonte West used to ‘follow’ LeBron’s mom, and everything was ok there🤨, so i’d say Lewis following Wojo’s wife is a definite positive that he stays.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2021, 06:34:22 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/rick-pitino-has-brutally-honest-comment-on-indiana-job/ar-BB1eEtwA?li=BBnb7Kz

Pitino says he is not interested in the Indiana or any other job.    Retirement is his next option.    If you choose to believe him.

I do not.  Saying he’s a candidate for another job would kill his team’s spirit.  He wants to win this weekend.

That said, he’s probably being truthful about not wanting Indiana.  He’s already been at a blue blood and wouldn’t be star struck if they made an offer, and he knows what a pressure cooker that particular gig is.

I’d be shocked if he ended his career at Iona.  Like, one of the more shocking sports things in recent memory.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2021, 06:58:18 AM »
Sad to log on this morning and see that all the rich MU alums here on Scoop still haven't ponied up so that MU's administration could take a dump on Wojo's forehead.

Let'$ go, boy$ and girl$!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2021, 07:12:38 AM »
Sad to log on this morning and see that all the rich MU alums here on Scoop still haven't ponied up so that MU's administration could take a dump on Wojo's forehead.

Let'$ go, boy$ and girl$!!

At this point, it’s obvious the alum and boosters don’t care about Marquette basketball. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2021, 07:19:01 AM »
Every single program that @CoachingChanges listed as top flammable hot seats (Minnesota, Iowa State, DePaul, Indiana and George Mason) entering this cycle has fired their head coach.

Marquette is the lone program listed in this grouping that has yet, or will have not, done so.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2021, 07:23:20 AM »
At this point, it’s obvious the alum and boosters don’t care about Marquette basketball. 

Utah and UNLV are the real cowards here.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2021, 07:26:30 AM »
Every single program that @CoachingChanges listed as top flammable hot seats (Minnesota, Iowa State, DePaul, Indiana and George Mason) entering this cycle has fired their head coach.

Marquette is the lone program listed in this grouping that has yet, or will have not, done so.

Wow
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2021, 07:28:41 AM »

I'd ask if that means Wojo wasn't actually on a "flammable hot seat," but so many Scoopers have emerged to say sources tell them he's gone that it would be a silly question.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2021, 07:50:21 AM »
It is a new day and we need to keep fanning the flames of the Pitino to MU rumors. Once we get some inertia behind them it becomes a reality .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2021, 07:54:12 AM »
Herman

I'll keep on fanning the flames. We had a family dinner last night and Rick was the topic of the evening. Three generations of Warrior fans were all on board. Most fun we have had talking MU ball in a long time. First conversation that did not end quickly in regards to the program and it was fun dreaming about what a Rick led MU program would look like next season.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2021, 07:55:21 AM »

MU cant....because covid....or lack of a pair.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2021, 07:59:28 AM »
Yes, but is the word still swirling?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2021, 08:00:30 AM »
Herman

I'll keep on fanning the flames. We had a family dinner last night and Rick was the topic of the evening. Three generations of Warrior fans were all on board. Most fun we have had talking MU ball in a long time. First conversation that did not end quickly in regards to the program and it was fun dreaming about what a Rick led MU program would look like next season.

I'm glad an unrealistic message board-fueled fantasy made your family dinner more enjoyable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2021, 08:06:37 AM »
I think Coaching Changes Twitter wants MU to open. I voted next year btw.

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/status/1372170280697741316?s=21

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2021, 08:08:09 AM »

4/5 of those had significantly smaller buyouts and coaches that performed significantly worse than Wojo. The 5th is Indiana who had a booster pay the buyout, is a large state football institution, and had a coach who at best was on par with Wojo. Coaching changes may end up being correct, I don't think the decision has been made yet, but if there was one they were going to be wrong about, it was Marquette.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2021, 08:09:13 AM »
I think Coaching Changes Twitter wants MU to open. I voted next year btw.

https://twitter.com/coachingchanges/status/1372170280697741316?s=21

The administration wasn't going to do anything. But now that Coaching Changes Twitter is involved, I'm sure that will spur them to action!

I was disappointed that "Already #donedeal" wasn't an option.

feedback