Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Word is swirling : wojo is gone  (Read 73023 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Word is swirling : wojo is gone
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2021, 12:57:09 PM »
This thread is the most enjoyable thread in a long time, IMO. Most would be happy with Wojo shown the door and majority enjoying the Pitino talk. I hope this thread lasts until Pitino lands another big time gig in a couple of weeks.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
People have suggested MU needs to clean house at the top.  That we need a President who realizes the importance of a Liberal Arts education.  And who knows how to hire.  I have just the guy:

Seamus Carey, Ph. D.

https://www.iona.edu/about/college-leadership/office-president

Checks so many boxes:

Seamus Carey (IRISH AF), Ph.D., serves as the ninth president of Iona College. (LAYMAN AT A CATHOLIC SCHOOL, WHO RECENTLY MADE AN OUT OF THE BOX HIRE)

President Carey is a national leader in higher education who has been vocal on the relevance and importance of a liberal arts education.

A Bronx native and first-generation college student, Carey earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy and a Master of Arts from Fordham University, and a bachelor’s degree from Vassar College. He attended Harvard’s Management Development Program.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:46:35 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2021, 01:05:09 PM »
Can anyone confirm Billy Donovan was spotted at Caff's with admin? I heard Calipari is coming later this week, but I figured that was fake news.

They'd have to do a press conference to rename the BBQ the The BBQ CaliParty
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »
This thread is the most enjoyable thread in a long time, IMO. Most would be happy with Wojo shown the door and majority enjoying the Pitino talk. I hope this thread lasts until Pitino lands another big time gig in a couple of weeks.
Emerald Green Weenie?

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2021, 01:06:08 PM »
Agree would like Beilein first, second Rick Pitino. Has anyone Mentioned Stan Johnson on this thread yet. LMU’s NET was near Marquette’s.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 01:07:47 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »

When that happens, we'll know that Wojo can't even recruit his own replacement. Green weeinie.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »
As long as we're talking Pitino, there's another name we should probably toss into the discussion.

Dave Bliss.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
As long as we're talking Pitino, there's another name we should probably toss into the discussion.

Dave Bliss.
And, despite the Baylor baggage, he is only 77.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »

Dave Bliss.

Players enjoyed a lot of bliss during Pitino's time at the 'Ville.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2021, 01:29:16 PM »
Since we are granting forgiveness for past transgressions, I am hearing Bo Ryan is getting antsy in retirement.

Too soon

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Would have to keep Bo away from PT students

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »
That's 3 players. Our 3 best ones.

And a key reason for "underperfroming" with this group is 3 of our players with a pulse were a frosh, frosh and basically frosh.
Some people will never learn. 7 years and the same song and dance.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2021, 01:53:06 PM »
MU82

Spot on about Rick. It would put MU on the map in two seconds and it would be an exciting era of MU ball.

Goose

Can you imagine Pitino patrolling the sidelines at FISERV in his white suit? Or better yet, a new baby blue one? It would be AWESOME, baby!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2021, 01:56:50 PM »
Lenny

I would be camping out for tickets.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »

Dave Bliss.

And, despite the Baylor baggage, he is only 77.

Could always hire the other Dave Bliss. OKC Thunder assistant, 34 years old, Wisconsin native, played at Georgia.

He was on the 2008 SEC tourney champs; the year tornados hit the Georgia Dome.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2021, 02:11:51 PM »

Or until Iona and sweet Rick get smoked by Alabama.  Iona has played 17 total games and did not play any team going to the NCAA Tournament.  Now they go up against the SEC Champ.  Good luck.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2021, 02:15:54 PM »
nyg

I hope Rick does get smoked because he can then interview for a much bigger job. Not exactly sure what your response had to do with anything, but I appreciate the good luuck.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2021, 02:20:13 PM »
Can't believe some people think hiring a guy who was too sleazy for Louisville - Louisville! - is a good idea.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2021, 02:21:09 PM »
Or until Iona and sweet Rick get smoked by Alabama.  Iona has played 17 total games and did not play any team going to the NCAA Tournament.  Now they go up against the SEC Champ.  Good luck.

I don’t think anyone realistically expects Pitino to win that game, and a loss will not reflect poorly on his coaching acumen or hurt his job prospects.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »
Can't believe some people think hiring a guy who was too sleazy for Louisville - Louisville! - is a good idea.

Just some board fun. Not to mention there is no opening at the moment. I agree with you. There is no chance MU hires him.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2021, 02:24:36 PM »
nyg

I hope Rick does get smoked because he can then interview for a much bigger job. Not exactly sure what your response had to do with anything, but I appreciate the good luuck.

Good luck to Iona being almost a 20 point underdog.  I am all for upsets, but if Iona gets slaughtered, he may fall off the mantle just abit. Can't wait to see what big time gig Rick lands in the next few weeks, would be very news worthy.   

Goose

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »
Pakuni

I wish we had hired a sleazy UL guy in 1977. Might have had a much different 43 years.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »
Pitino is a good coach but he's almost 70.  Maybe ten years ago this was a good idea, but cmon... 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2021, 02:37:55 PM »
Pitino is a good coach but he's almost 70.  Maybe ten years ago this was a good idea, but cmon...
Louisville had to vacate it's bball records from 2011 - 2015, hiring him at the absolute hight of his cheating/horrible behavior may not have been the good idea you're thinking it would've been
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 02:40:03 PM by naginiF »

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2021, 02:40:33 PM »
I am all in on Pat Kelsey   Absolutely zero interest in Rick Pitino.

feedback