collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 185746 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2021, 11:54:38 AM »
I'm just hoping they're working out a deal with Jrue while he's out.  It's very clear how important he is to this team.  If he were to walk this offseason, that's a major issue.

If he walks it would be catastrophic after what they gave up to get him.

I don't pretend to know how this could be done, but the Bucks have to move away from Lopez. Also, need another scorer, preferably at the 2 guard, hey? As their team is constituted now, they are at best, behind the Nets and '6ers, hey?

I agree. Him, Pat, Augustin are the spots they need to upgrade. And getting a decent 2 can strengthen that second unit if Donte heads to the bench.

The bench unit is just so bad defensively, that if they're not making shots it's hard to play any of 'em. At least Portis hits the glass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2021, 12:17:50 PM »
He accelerated the organization by 2 years.  But he's plateaued where he plateaued in Atlanta.  He was the right hire, but he's not going to be the guy that gets them to the Finals.

Thanks. NBA history (and all pro leagues' history, for that matter) is filled with guys who are good (maybe even very good) coaches but are not "the right coach" to get a team to the promised land.

Doug Collins, obviously, is the example that many cite, but there have been plenty of others.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2021, 02:19:23 PM »
Pistons looking to trade or waive Blake Griffin.     Who needs an over the hill power forward?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2021, 02:21:11 PM »
Maebea Kendall Jenner, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2021, 02:24:08 PM »
Pistons looking to trade or waive Blake Griffin.     Who needs an over the hill power forward?

Assuming the Pistons would have to pay just about his entire salary, I could see several teams taking him as a role player. That would be the same way Portland took Melo, who somewhat surprisingly has re-emerged as an important player for him.

If the Hornets didn't have to pay him more than scraps, I absolutely would take him on the team. He'd be pretty good as a 20-minute guy on the second unit. And who knows ... maybe he'd pull a Melo and actually become a serious contributor again if he doesn't have to be the alpha male.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #330 on: February 15, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »
It all comes down to his knee.  Even after getting shipped out of LA, he was REALLY damn good his first years in Detroit.  That 18-19 season was arguably his best all around season as a pro.  And he developed into a solid 3pt shooter on good volume, 25-8-5.  But he’s just not been the same with the knee issues in the last 2 years.  He could be a later in career K Love type with his ability to stretch the floor and step out, but he’s just been so pedestrian since he got hurt.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2021, 11:53:48 PM »
Zach Lavine should be an All-Star this year. Anyone disagree?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2021, 06:45:21 PM »
JFB was just the $1000 answer (in the form of a question of course) on Jeopardy! - single jeopardy of course. He’s officially a superstar!

Of course the 3 nerds didn’t get it.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2021, 09:22:56 PM »
Bucks playing like crap again. Letting the Raps score at will. But love love LOVE needing a bucket down 8 under 3:30 left and having Pat C out there bricking deep shots  ::) ::)

Edit: Bucks scored 4 points in the last 5 minutes. Only 1 FG.

I know they are missing Holiday but SHEESH this is not a good team
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 09:33:55 PM by JWags85 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #334 on: February 16, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »
I'd fire Bud today.  Darvin Hamm has gotten some head coaching interviews.  See what he's got.  If not go get Juwan Howard in the offseason or maybe the Celtics move on from Brad Stevens.  This team gets punked by far inferior teams night in and night out.

Oh and Jrue now can ask the Bucks for anything and everything he wants.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2021, 07:52:03 PM »
I'd fire Bud today.  Darvin Hamm has gotten some head coaching interviews.  See what he's got.  If not go get Juwan Howard in the offseason or maybe the Celtics move on from Brad Stevens.  This team gets punked by far inferior teams night in and night out.

Oh and Jrue now can ask the Bucks for anything and everything he wants.

BUMP.  This team is absolute trash, Jrue or not

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
Bucks sleep walking through another game, just like their coach.  Absolutely no fire, no sense of urgency. Bud gives the vibe that he just doesn't care.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2021, 07:58:54 PM »
Bud accelerated the timeframe by 2 years for the Bucks. But it’s over for him.

And outside of getting Jrue, Horst had an absolutely terrible offseason. THREE year deal for DJ Augustin? He’s absolutely terrible. Not realizing that by giving Pat C a 2 year deal you’re using part of your mid level exception, which you need because you have literally no cap room? So then you have to go back to him and give him an extra year for more money/year just to incentivize him to sign that instead of the 2 year deal? How are you that incompetent?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »

And outside of getting Jrue, Horst had an absolutely terrible offseason. THREE year deal for DJ Augustin? He’s absolutely terrible. Not realizing that by giving Pat C a 2 year deal you’re using part of your mid level exception, which you need because you have literally no cap room? So then you have to go back to him and give him an extra year for more money/year just to incentivize him to sign that instead of the 2 year deal? How are you that incompetent?
Buds gotta go. I loved him at first, but teams have figured them out, he hasn't adjusted and his own team isn't responding to him. They really look flat and disinterested.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2021, 08:38:28 PM »

Not only is Augustin terrible, he’s the worst type of PG for a team like the Bucks. He plays like the quintessential back up Euro PG. Doesnt like to push, takes no chances with aggressive passes, loves to drive and just dribble under the hoop and back out for a pass to reset the offense. Just a horrible fit for a team who is so explosive offensively like the Bucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:57 PM »
I also loved that even though we were down 15 and on a 4 game losing streak, Bud will still go 4 backups and one starter to close out the first half. And we’ll sit Giannis down 14 for the first 4 minutes of the fourth, but we’ll leave him in down 20 with 2:30 left until the shot clock is turned off. He’ll be fresh enough to cut it to 9 by the end of the game at least!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »
I also loved that even though we were down 15 and on a 4 game losing streak, Bud will still go 4 backups and one starter to close out the first half. And we’ll sit Giannis down 14 for the first 4 minutes of the fourth, but we’ll leave him in down 20 with 2:30 left until the shot clock is turned off. He’ll be fresh enough to cut it to 9 by the end of the game at least!
Yup, his rotations are atrocious
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:57:40 PM by hairy worthen »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2021, 09:24:56 PM »
Does Darvin Ham change the trajectory of this season? I doubt it.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard cap this year. Roster is what it is. I think you play it out and make the change after losing the 4-5 series in the first round.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2021, 09:26:33 PM »
Does Darvin Ham change the trajectory of this season? I doubt it.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard cap this year. Roster is what it is. I think you play it out and make the change after losing the 4-5 series in the first round.

You know what you have with Bud. At least you can let Hamm audition for the job. If it doesn’t work out it’s no problem, he’s just the interim for the rest of the year.

Jrue might be the league MVP. This team is totally lost without him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2021, 10:51:40 PM »
You know what you have with Bud. At least you can let Hamm audition for the job. If it doesn’t work out it’s no problem, he’s just the interim for the rest of the year.

Not just that. You can attempt to realistically assess your roster.  The team is super flat, uninspired, apathetic. Give Bud the boot, see if there is any burst from new blood with Ham, or is it just a team that’s not set up to be any better than they are. Cause otherwise it can be hard to tell

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2021, 07:57:51 AM »
Sometimes in the NBA, you just need a change of voice.  This team is crying for one.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »
At the end of the day...this team sucks, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2021, 09:28:40 AM »
At the end of the day...this team sucks, hey?

The more I think about it, the more I think they're screwed when it comes to roster construction. If you sign Jrue for 30M, you'd have 118M spent on four guys. If Jrue walks, you f*cked your draft prospects for a decade for a one year rental.

It's hard enough to pry Lasry's wallet open when he's not funding a senate race.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »
I'm hoping Ayo falls back far enough to be available for the Bucks.  I love his game and think he could push Donte to the bench, where Donte would be really good.  I don't know why Ayo is projected at the very end of the first round.  If I had a pick somewhere between like 7-13 I'd be thrilled with Ayo.  Otherwise I would like to see Jared Butler.

If Jrue signs with the Bucks long term (I think he will), they'll be fine.  I still like Brook, but Bud's unwilingness to let him eat in the post when teams put a guy like Paskal on him makes him useless.  If you're going to keep Bud they should trade Brook.  But with Jrue, Middleton, and Giannis you have a legit big 3.  You just have to be smart with what you put around them.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2021, 11:38:40 AM »
I'm hoping Ayo falls back far enough to be available for the Bucks.  I love his game and think he could push Donte to the bench, where Donte would be really good.  I don't know why Ayo is projected at the very end of the first round.  If I had a pick somewhere between like 7-13 I'd be thrilled with Ayo.  Otherwise I would like to see Jared Butler.

He’s not all that athletic is the main knock.  So it limits his rebounding potential and ability to finish at the rim in the NBA.  His form and release point for his jumper I’ve read are a concern too.  They work fine now, but could be an issue projecting forward.  But he would be good value there.  Also don’t hate the idea of Nix