[Today at 05:32:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 184925 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
NBA Thread 2020-21
« on: December 07, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »
The Heat have decided not to field a G-League team this year (Sioux Falls Skyforce)

https://heatnation.com/team-news/report-miami-heat-decide-not-to-field-g-league-team-this-season/

It will be interesting to see if other teams follow the Heat's lead, and how many games the Heat's 2-way players will get. I'd imagine a lot.

Could be a dream come true for Markus Howard if this becomes a trend.

JWags85

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »
The Heat have decided not to field a G-League team this year (Sioux Falls Skyforce)

https://heatnation.com/team-news/report-miami-heat-decide-not-to-field-g-league-team-this-season/

It will be interesting to see if other teams follow the Heat's lead, and how many games the Heat's 2-way players will get. I'd imagine a lot.

Could be a dream come true for Markus Howard if this becomes a trend.

Wonder how much geography plays into this as well. Every other G League affiliate is a relatively short car ride away from their parent club. No other G League squad is so remote in comparison. It’s always been funny imagining the culture shock of going from no money in Sioux Falls to even NBA minimums in South Beach, but this could be a legit factor.

The Pelicans are the only other with their G League being in Erie, PA. Interesting to see if they follow. That club is slated to move to Birmingham in the next year or two, they only play in Erie due to red tape in creation so they used the existing structure after the Hawks’ affiliate moved to Atlanta

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
Wonder how much geography plays into this as well. Every other G League affiliate is a relatively short car ride away from their parent club. No other G League squad is so remote in comparison. It’s always been funny imagining the culture shock of going from no money in Sioux Falls to even NBA minimums in South Beach, but this could be a legit factor.

Normally I think you'd be onto something, but I dug into it a little further into the rumor mill:

The G-league is planning to play a shortened season in a bubble in Atlanta this year. 1-month, $500k entry fee per team.

There are reports that the following NBA teams will not be fielding a G-Leauge team in the bubble: Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Pistons

The Sixers and the Raptors are in, so not all teams are opting out. Still, this will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Source: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/heat-lakers-among-teams-likely-to-bypass-g-league-bubble.html

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »
Anyone else anxious that Giannis hasn’t signed the Supermax yet? He has until 12/21, but was hoping he’d have signed by now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:02:56 AM »
Nah, he wood bee an itdeeot knot ta sign, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
Oops. Wrong topic.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:44:33 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 07:35:52 PM »
So Dez has a positive test so they pulled him off the field pregame. The NFL says that they did contact tracing and no one else is impacted.

The Fox guys were dumbfounded. Curt asked Jimmy how that could be, and the response was “I don’t know. Who am I? Dr. Fauci?”

?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »
Anyone else anxious that Giannis hasn’t signed the Supermax yet? He has until 12/21, but was hoping he’d have signed by now.

After that presser today, I'm very concerned.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »

He gone
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 05:23:27 PM »
As much as I want to see him on the Heat with Jimmy, I want the Bucks to keep him. Sucks being a small market team.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »

A lot of fairly plugged in “NBA culture” people on Twitter have been hinting at it for awhile. Not the NBA writer types, but those with lots of friends and relationships either with players or their personal teams behind the scenes. Desperately want to be wrong, but I haven’t felt good about it in awhile

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 06:24:40 PM »
Didn’t think just Jrue was enough to keep him and wish they backed out when the Bogdan deal broke down. They’re going to be bad for a long time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »
What did he say? Quick summary, please.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »
What did he say? Quick summary, please.
From Malika Andrews:
Giannis Antetokounmpo, when asked about his contract, says: "Right now, I am not focused on that. I am just trying to focus on myself."

He adds that he is leaving those discussions to his agent, Alex Saratsis, and the front office.
--------------
To be clear, there are no real negotiations in the supermax except the existence of a player option.

In summary for us Bucks fans:

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 07:27:54 PM »
Eye sed last summer da Bucks should trade his sorry ass. Dis smacks of Abdul-Jabbar v2. Chit happens wen da inmates run da asylum, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 07:29:27 PM »
From Malika Andrews:
Giannis Antetokounmpo, when asked about his contract, says: "Right now, I am not focused on that. I am just trying to focus on myself."

He adds that he is leaving those discussions to his agent, Alex Saratsis, and the front office.
--------------
To be clear, there are no real negotiations in the supermax except the existence of a player option.

In summary for us Bucks fans:

My thought/hope is he’s looking for a 2 year extension plus a player option for the third. That way he can sign a bigger deal later and keep some flexibility.

I just can’t picture them making that Jrue trade without assurances. They gave up so much that if Giannis leaves, you can’t even tank for a good pick.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
Eye sed last summer da Bucks should trade his sorry ass. Dis smacks of Abdul-Jabbar v2. Chit happens wen da inmates run da asylum, hey?
Yes, free agency, which has been around for 50 years, is the problem.  Bring back the reserve clause!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 08:00:54 PM »
I just can’t picture them making that Jrue trade without assurances. They gave up so much that if Giannis leaves, you can’t even tank for a good pick.

In an actual professional front office, yeah. But that's not the Bucks.

If he's not gonna extend, you have to shop him. It's the only way to not totally suck for the next decade.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »
In an actual professional front office, yeah. But that's not the Bucks.

If he's not gonna extend, you have to shop him. It's the only way to not totally suck for the next decade.

Looking forward to bringing back all of the Warriors expensive trash like Wiggins, Oubre or the remains of Klay Thompson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »
I’d take Klay Thompson on one leg over Middleton if both were on max deals

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 10:48:24 PM »

Huh? What inmates?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 04:10:57 AM »

You mean when players decide to exercise their contractual rights?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
You mean when players decide to exercise their contractual rights?

Rumors have been that Giannis wants assurances that the team is “going for it” and wants specific players, which he denies.

Giannis has to bear some responsibility for the playoff losses. He is 2-time mvp and hasn’t exactly carried the team in the playoffs. At the end of the day, I think he signs before 12-21. Nothing in his answers yesterday make me feel differently.  It would be a huge distraction to the season if he didn’t. If he doesn’t sign, he should just say he is going into free agency instead of stringing everyone along.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 09:06:37 AM »
Rumors have been that Giannis wants assurances that the team is “going for it” and wants specific players, which he denies.

Giannis has to bear some responsibility for the playoff losses. He is 2-time mvp and hasn’t exactly carried the team in the playoffs. At the end of the day, I think he signs before 12-21. Nothing in his answers yesterday make me feel differently.  It would be a huge distraction to the season if he didn’t. If he doesn’t sign, he should just say he is going into free agency instead of stringing everyone along.

Bogdan was the guy he wanted. I really think that one going south could have swung his view.

And you're absolutely right about that. Until that jumper develops it's gonna be the same story in the playoffs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »
Harden added Milwaukee to his list of destinations. Probably similar to AD adding the Bucks to show he wasn’t just focused on the Lakers.

Other than trading Middleton, which is still far below what’s needed, I don’t know what the Bucks could offer to have Houston not hang up immediately. Plus, I don’t know if we have the gentleman’s clubs to make a Harden trade successful.

feedback