'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 4everwarriors greatest hits  (Read 24617 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 4everwarriors greatest hits
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2020, 10:32:00 PM »

I’m glad you joined. Having your involvement in the thread just took the odds of if being locked to even money.

I'm glad you've returned to Scoopdom, Goose. You're fun!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2020, 10:38:33 PM »
It seems like I’m in the minority here, but I find 4ever’s act to be pretty funny.  If nothing else, his combination of Yooper speak mixed with Ebonics is wholly original.  I’ve perused a lot of message boards in my time, and have never come across a poster with a schtick quite like his. 

Having posters of different ages and viewpoints makes Scoop a better place.  I was not around during the Al years, but I do find it fascinating to hear about them.  So I think it’s pretty crappy when people use terms like “sweater vests” to describe fans who, over the last five decades, have helped build the foundation of the program we currently have.  The Al era was a lifetime ago, and I’m glad there are still a few people around who remember it and like to talk about it.  I’ll always be happy to listen.

Judging by this thread, though, it looks like there are others who’d prefer it if Scoop was more like the Dodds board.

4ever?

Just kidding. Honestly didn’t realize his schtick was yipper with Ebonics, but I don’t really know what that means anyway.

All I know is that people say he’s a dentist, and I wonder who he is. I’m a dentist as well, likely 30 classes his youth, but maybe he taught me at the dental school? Or maybe not- either way I just read what he says and wonder what’s rolling thru the lumber inside the skull.

That said, i do misspell things on purpose in my everyday life so maybe I’m on the same path

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2020, 10:40:52 PM »
TAMU

I applaud your sense of proportion and fair play (and agree that we should be celebrating instead of starting threads attacking one of our posters) but let’s not kid ourselves. This thread (and all the piling on) is more about politics than Marquette basketball.

Is it? I honestly don't know, I didn't venture into the politics board when it was a thing and I don't go into the COVID board. Do most of the nojos gravitate towards one political party and the projos another? Cause if that's a thing, that's fascinating.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »
Goose

I was sitting out the piling on your guy. I didn't do it, and I won't. The other dentist chose to go political so I thought I'd have some fun.

you've got to be "soiling" me!  every time you post it's political- your cute little subliminal "battle cry" quote, umm bottom of your posts-funny thing(well not really) is he probably doesn't even remember saying that
don't...don't don't don't don't

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2020, 11:03:51 PM »
Is it? I honestly don't know, I didn't venture into the politics board when it was a thing and I don't go into the COVID board. Do most of the nojos gravitate towards one political party and the projos another? Cause if that's a thing, that's fascinating.

Some crossover, for sure, but I’d venture there is likely some correlation. More importantly, though, in this election/covid year 4ever has been vocal about his politics - and they definitely don’t mesh with the politics of the mods or the majority here. His views on the basketball program are no different now than they were last year, the year before or the year before that. Suddenly, a lynch mob is up in arms over them. LOL.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2020, 11:21:51 PM »
I bet Rocky didn't see these 4 pages coming when he posted this!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2020, 11:22:39 PM »
Some crossover, for sure, but I’d venture there is likely some correlation. More importantly, though, in this election/covid year 4ever has been vocal about his politics - and they definitely don’t mesh with the politics of the mods or the majority here. His views on the basketball program are no different now than they were last year, the year before or the year before that. Suddenly, a lynch mob is up in arms over them. LOL.

Lynch mob? Really?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2020, 11:26:10 PM »
Lynch mob? Really?

Metaphor, Mike. Did you think I was being literal?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »
Funny thing is that 90% of the posts are from rocky and his crew. I think the younger crew needs to get lit and laid. Lot of frustration with the faction of scoop.

Goose, Good lord.  I take plenty of heat here from lots of people.  And I'm happy you think I'm young (hah) or have a crew.  I'd venture to say I correspond socially with less people on MUScoop than you do. 

My initial post was just things 4ever posted today that he deserved to be razzed for.  In, fact maybe you missed my words in that post:
Bro, I know you love MU hoops, but your posts from the last 24 hours don't make it seem like you're rootin' for an MU win...

Huge win today, and I spent the evening partying.  Did you.  Did 4ever?  Hope you got laid today!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2020, 11:30:21 PM »
Metaphor, Mike. Did you think I was being literal?

Nope. And I didn't think you meant anything evil by it, Tony. But it's probably not the best metaphor to use in this day and age -- or any day and age, really.

Only my opinion, of course. Maybe others love metaphors that invoke images of the kind of horrific violence Black folks faced in America for generations.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
So 4neverwarriors got banned because of politics?

I guess politics are important but we all know they don’t mean chit compared to MUBB, aina?

This is muscoop no?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »
So 4neverwarriors got banned because of politics?

I don't think 4ever has ever been banned.  And even if he ever got a vacation, certainly never a perma-ban.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2020, 11:35:17 PM »
I don't think 4ever has ever been banned.  And even if he ever got a vacation, certainly never a perma-ban.

Vacation sounds great right about now. Please instruct me on how to earn one of these

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2020, 12:11:49 AM »
Vacation sounds great right about now. Please instruct me on how to earn one of these

Just say something sacrilegious about Arby's. Should get you at least a day long vacation
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2020, 12:39:48 AM »
I just wanted to jump in to say that my absolute favorite thing on Scoop is when one of the Meat Eating Lover members jumps in and challenges another Scooper to some sort of physical fitness challenge.

"Hey, bro.  Let's do some pushups and we'll see who is really a man!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2020, 12:45:53 AM »
Bro, I know you love MU hoops, but your posts from the last 24 hours don't make it seem like you're rootin' for an MU win...

I know the personalities on this site are a lot to deal with.  I'm a frequent reader, and a lackluster poster, but damn man...we just downed an overrated, top 5, rival bucky.  4ever can truly be annoying, but how about we put our guns in their holsters for 36 hours.  We back the same team.  Whether you are projo/antichowski, koby/kobe, or JFB/JFL (Lewis) we should take a minute to smile and enjoy a good win.  Just because we had a good game without a ton to complain about doesn't mean you need to project your B.S. on others.  R-E-L-A-X.  It's a good night. 

You (ideally) never have to watch a Brad Davison flop again.  That is cause for celebration.  Enjoy it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2020, 12:56:39 AM »
I have argued with Goose and 4ever over a million and one things but I respect them both as diehard MU fans.
Maybe from a different perspective then I come from but I will never doubt their fandom. In tonight's moment of celebration I don't think either deserved to be called out.

They can be ageist when the season gets on and their views are challenged but they are intelligent individuals that are proud MU alumni.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2020, 12:57:21 AM »
Ok...

1) gun in the holster (that's what she said)
2) I really didn't say anything Inflammatory! Read my words.
3) I mean, a simple reply from a guy (4ever) that posted in the game thread (i.e., was home and watching scoop and the game) excited about the win would have been the end of this thread!

Peace!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2020, 01:01:18 AM »
Ok...

3) I mean, a simple reply from a guy (4ever) that posted in the game thread (i.e., was home and watching scoop and the game) excited about the win would have been the end of this thread!

Peace!

You're absolutely right that he's been 
Ok...

Peace!

You had every right to call out a bit of extreme negativity.

When someone becomes a pessimist maybe they need to be told. But again, and I don't think you need to be told, I don't think he's a troll or a non MU diehard
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
I actually don’t.  I take him for the the douche he is.  But some people here think because he went to a few basketball games at the Mecca he needs to be defended. I don’t.

I don't understand the need for name calling.  He's just a guy saying things on a message board.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2020, 06:18:02 AM »
I could see picking on a fellow poster from another fellow poster, but from a Mod who has all the power, even to ban us if we misbehave, is beyond the pale. So forever is a little annoying so don't be a nag.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2020, 06:21:16 AM »
Oh FFS people.  Rocky poked fun at 4ever.  The idea that it was "all about politics" or is about power differential is just nonsense.  But so is the piling on.

People just need to calm down and not take things so damn seriously.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2020, 07:07:17 AM »
I feel like there are a lot of anti-dentite bastards on this board.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2020, 07:14:44 AM »
All the old time posters are coming out. I feel like I am in some bastardized version of a Christmas Carol, and am reading hot takes from the ghosts of posters past.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »
I feel like there are a lot of anti-dentite bastards on this board.

feedback