[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: In defense of Wojo  (Read 13638 times)

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Re: In defense of Wojo
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »
His performance off the court, how he was ahead of the curve supporting his players during the unrest during the late spring, his being the anti-Buzz when it comes to getting investigated by the NCAA, are taken very seriously by the powers that be at MU.

Why do "Projo's" always use this excuse. It's not an either/or. It can be an "and". look no further than Wisconsin. Gard has stayed out of the media AND has a top 5 program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Why do "Projo's" always use this excuse. It's not an either/or. It can be an "and". look no further than Wisconsin. Gard has stayed out of the media AND has a top 5 program.

He didn't say it was an either/or. Reread tower's post.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »
I do not think Projo's use this excuse. They are saying that he will be fired because the MU higher ups want it to be this way. MU higher ups do not want another Buzz situation.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
There's a lot I agree with in here but I don't see what's wrong with the Yoga or Bicycling. I don't personally do yoga but there's a lot of evidence it helps with your joints and flexibility as you age. Furthermore we're going to fault a guy for biking? That just seems stupid. Every person whether they're a failing salesperson failing CEO or failing Coach has their right to their own hobbies and fitness routine. There's more than enough to criticize without just being an A$$ about his personal life

The whole false machismo of "biking isnt manly or grinding" has never tried to actually ride in a competitive manner in their lives. It's a painful crapshow of pain if you're actually training right.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »
Fire him and start over. It sucks, I know, but he isn't cutting it now, and won't cut in the near future (5 - 10 years). Marquette Basketball would be obsolete by that point. Even starring down another 4-5 year rebuild, I still believe a new coach is our best path forward.

When I asked, “What do you suggest we do?” the WE I was referring to was not Marquette.

The WE I meant was you, me and other Scoopers.

And last I heard, for better or worse, fans don’t have the power to fire and hire coaches.

Given the side conversation some of our fellow Scoopers had about Nova fans wanting to fire Jay Wright, I think it’s probably for better.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
When I asked, “What do you suggest we do?” the WE I was referring to was not Marquette.

The WE I meant was you, me and other Scoopers.

And last I heard, for better or worse, fans don’t have the power to fire and hire coaches.

Given the side conversation some of our fellow Scoopers had about Nova fans wanting to fire Jay Wright, I think it’s probably for better.

Then you've never seen a Scoop letter writing campaign!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2020, 05:34:16 PM »
Then you've never seen a Scoop letter writing campaign!

I mean, I make fun of importance here.  But it is a fact that if the Hausers had gotten Scoop on board with their letter it would have been successful.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »

Gard still has his Wisconsin bridges.

Wojo burned all of the Wisconsin bridges (Burton, DuWil, Ellensons, Hausers)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2020, 08:07:59 PM »
Saying the administration does not care about MU Scoop does not mean they don’t hear the same opinions from those who,  perhaps, do not post here.

Wojo has literally lived off his false reputation from Duke as a blue collar crazy competitor. Meanwhile, we’ve heard about his lunchtime hot yoga sessions, his sporty bicycle rides and how he takes weeks to pour over “every single game” from the previous year. Wojo is a fraud. I think he’s an awful, awful coach. We were told he stayed at Duke as an assistant for 10+ years because he was “waiting for the right opportunity.” What a bunch of horse sh*t. They were protecting the poor baby. Coach K handpicked Marquette because of the resources and because he thought Wojo could hide from criticism in Milwaukee. You can laugh about people criticizing his televised huddles, but they’re alarming. The Hausers leaving (and now thriving) is one of the worst things to
happen to this program ever. At every turn there are alarming examples of deep problems. Wojo will “lose” every team he ever coaches because he’s devoid of passion and cannot communicate. Wojo is a media/Duke created fraud. He completely miscast as a basketball coach. He ain’t Jay Wright! What a joke! At least Bob Dukiet could play the piano.

Chirp Chirp
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2020, 08:14:22 PM »
12/4/20

tower912

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
MU loses.   People act like it is impossible, should never happen, is a personal insult.    Blame the coach.     Nothing new or original.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback