[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 159870 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread
« Reply #1175 on: September 03, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »
I sit corrected.

Thanks for the info, 9-9-9 and JB.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: September 03, 2022, 11:51:54 AM »
You have to weigh in a lot of considerations, but the Celtics declining his 2022-23 & instead negotiating this deal could work out worse for Sam vs if he had been exercised, yes?

This coming season, he’s gonna be paid about the same either way.

If they had exercised, then it’s a question of does he have a job next year? Does he get a hefty bump and a longer term deal?

Now, he gets a small bump in 2023-24, but it’s guaranteed. If the next two years go well and Boston exercises year 3, it looks bad for him in hindsight.

If he really wanted the security of these next 2 years, likes the organization, etc… could totally makes sense for him. But, to me it looks like a nice deal for the Celts. Low risk, with the potential to have a rotation player for the cheap for a couple of years.

Plus, I think he’ll be in his late 20s after the 3 years, should they exercise.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1177 on: September 03, 2022, 01:24:38 PM »
This is patently false. Stop the lies!!

Oh no, only $3.6 million guaranteed. Poor dude, off to the poor house he goes.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1178 on: September 03, 2022, 01:29:15 PM »
You have to weigh in a lot of considerations, but the Celtics declining his 2022-23 & instead negotiating this deal could work out worse for Sam vs if he had been exercised, yes?

If they had exercised, then it’s a question of does he have a job next year? Does he get a hefty bump and a longer term deal?

Now, he gets a small bump in 2023-24, but it’s guaranteed. If the next two years go well and Boston exercises year 3, it looks bad for him in hindsight.

If he really wanted the security of these next 2 years, likes the organization, etc… could totally makes sense for him. But, to me it looks like a nice deal for the Celts. Low risk, with the potential to have a rotation player for the cheap for a couple of years.

I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: September 03, 2022, 06:09:29 PM »

It gives both sides a sense of security. I like to think Sam's lawyer/agent/adviser told him about all the options and he made a choice he felt good about. I wish him well.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1180 on: September 23, 2022, 05:19:36 PM »
I wonder how if Udoka suspension will hurt Sam. He was a big sponsor of Sam.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nia-long-fiance-ime-udoka-affair-suspension-boston-celtics-171135016.html
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1181 on: September 23, 2022, 05:38:34 PM »
I wonder how if Udoka suspension will hurt Sam. He was a big sponsor of Sam.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nia-long-fiance-ime-udoka-affair-suspension-boston-celtics-171135016.html

Maybe he was sleeping with Sam’s mom
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2022, 07:40:05 AM »
The Celtics rested several players last night, so Hauser got the preseason start against the Hornets.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401474869

Sam had 9 pts on 3-7 shooting (all from 3), 4R, 2A in 24 mins. He was a -6, and he and the rest of the starters were outplayed by a bad Charlotte team; the Hornets led 35-22 after 1 quarter.

I didn't watch the game. Saw a few highlights later, and the only one I saw involving Hauser was him getting beat by Terry Rozier after a switch. Rozier is extremely fast and Sam is, well, Sam.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: October 08, 2022, 08:00:59 AM »
You just don't like him. Its obvious, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1185 on: October 08, 2022, 08:05:27 AM »

Don’t let the door hit yeah on the way out, aina?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: October 08, 2022, 08:14:17 AM »
Why not put the blame for the entire Howard/Hausers fiasco squarely on the nitwit who was in charge. Ultimately, it resulted in his chitcannin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1187 on: October 08, 2022, 08:17:21 AM »
Why not put the blame for the entire Howard/Hausers fiasco squarely on the nitwit who was in charge. Ultimately, it resulted in his chitcannin', aina?

If you leave Marquette as a player, it has been established, don’t let the door hit you on the way out, aina?

Not white sure why the Hausers get a pass in this regard

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: October 08, 2022, 09:01:36 AM »
Howard is a better scorer than either Hauser. But, Joey and Sam both are better basketball players than Markus. The problem was Woj alined himself with #0 from the start and that was doomed to take him down. A better coach and more experienced head coach would have handled that spat within the locker room and pissed out the little campfire long before it became a 5 alarm blaze. Shout out to Fahrenheit 451, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1189 on: October 08, 2022, 09:02:58 AM »
Howard is a better scorer than either Hauser. But, Joey and Sam both are better basketball players than Markus. The problem was Woj alined himself with #0 from the start and that was doomed to take him down. A better coach and more experienced head coach would have handled that spat within the locker room and pissed out the little campfire long before it became a 5 alarm blaze. Shout out to Fahrenheit 451, hey?

Joey sucks

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1190 on: October 08, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »

i believe sam was caught in the crossfire and tried to do things the right way for himself and his family.  his decisions, although probably uncomfortable are paying off for him.  he minds his own business, works hard and good things are happening.  even if it doesn't work out long term in NBA or europe(if he wants), character always wins. he just got engaged to a real sweetheart of a girl and they are going to do very well
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: October 08, 2022, 10:11:27 AM »

Wojo frankly had no idea how to coach his rosters and Howard's talents actually highlighted his incompetence as a HC.  I dunno if he "aligned  himself" with Markus but he didn't define roles for anyone else.  There was a smoke and mirrors aspect to our success because Howard was electrifying and Rowsey could also go bananas.   However, our great fans and others that had eyes knew this was not sustainable for tournament success.  Especially because our defense was a dumpster fire. I still think Sam should have stayed his Sr. season and worked through the tumult but Wojo was honesty an unmitigated disaster.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »

As I’ve said many, many times, I liked Sam during his time at Marquette. He played hard and played well.

But L’il Bro put him in a no-win situation. And once he felt forced to quit MU due to his family … next man up, nu?

BTW, I was one of the few here who thought Sam would have an NBA career. I even won a bet from your buddy Crash, not that I ever expect to get paid.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2022, 04:58:02 PM »
Joey didn't put him in a no win spot. Limp Dick Woj was hoping beyond hope that he could play good cop, good cop. How that disaster ever qualified for admittance to Duke is beyond logical explanation, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »
Joey didn't put him in a no win spot. Limp Dick Woj was hoping beyond hope that he could play good cop, good cop. How that disaster ever qualified for admittance to Duke is beyond logical explanation, hey?

https://twitter.com/bobbystompy/status/1502467656561180673?s=46&t=lj6ymgQOAyTvu72QoF5toQ

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2022, 06:18:13 PM »

You seem fascinated with male genitalia.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1196 on: October 08, 2022, 06:27:15 PM »
The Celtics rested several players last night, so Hauser got the preseason start against the Hornets.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401474869

Sam had 9 pts on 3-7 shooting (all from 3), 4R, 2A in 24 mins. He was a -6, and he and the rest of the starters were outplayed by a bad Charlotte team; the Hornets led 35-22 after 1 quarter.

I didn't watch the game. Saw a few highlights later, and the only one I saw involving Hauser was him getting beat by Terry Rozier after a switch. Rozier is extremely fast and Sam is, well, Sam.
Sam is paid by the Celtics  to shoot 40 percent from 3 and pick up a couple of assists here and there. So pretty much doing his job as defined .

Delighted to see him getting minutes . much better than DNP- Coaches Decision
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: October 08, 2022, 07:18:17 PM »
Sam is paid by the Celtics  to shoot 40 percent from 3 and pick up a couple of assists here and there. So pretty much doing his job as defined .

Delighted to see him getting minutes . much better than DNP- Coaches Decision

I neither said nor suggested anything else.

I expected him to have an NBA career because he is an elite shooter, and he is having an NBA career because he is an elite shooter.

I presented a fact-filled post and, as with any post about the Hausers, it results in the relitigation of the fiasco that both Hausers, their parents and Wojo all played a major part in.

I mean, it’s only been 3 1/2 years … so of course.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 07:46:05 PM by MU82 »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1198 on: October 14, 2022, 12:02:44 PM »
Sam shooting 60 percent pre season games ,Pushing for minutes .

https://nesn.com/2022/10/celtics-sam-hauser-reveals-which-nba-players-he-studies/
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1199 on: October 14, 2022, 12:21:52 PM »
Sam shooting 60 percent pre season games ,Pushing for minutes .

https://nesn.com/2022/10/celtics-sam-hauser-reveals-which-nba-players-he-studies/

Hope he gets them or he’ll have to write a very stringent letter