[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 37906 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2020, 03:18:59 PM »
Brent Spiner in Independence Day.

100% this

NO PEACE

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2020, 03:35:13 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
POTUS headed to Walter Reed.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 04:45:43 PM »

That and the experimental cocktail doesn’t sound great.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:10 PM »

Next to no information coming from the White House. If the Hope Hicks news didn't leak, what would the American people know? There is little reason to believe that he isn't in significantly worse shape than is being reported.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2020, 04:49:01 PM »
Next to no information coming from the White House. If the Hope Hicks news didn't leak, what would the American people know? There is little reason to believe that he isn't in significantly worse shape than is being reported.

Patients don't deteriorate this quickly.

I'm going to actually believe that they're taking him there so he can be monitored constantly.  UK messed up by not sending BoJo to the hospital early.  No way that happens with a world leader again.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2020, 05:29:51 PM »
So, if the vice president takes over, will that mean the Political process gets a come-up-Pence?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2020, 05:58:03 PM »
So, if the vice president takes over, will that mean the Political process gets a come-up-Pence?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »
Dad joke comedy gold.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »
Another Rose Garden attendee, R-Sen Thom Tillis tested positive.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2020, 07:21:43 PM »
At least 3 White House Journalists have tested positive for COVID-19 today

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

This was his debate last night with Cal Cunningham.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2020, 07:45:24 PM »
Yup, that definitely seems to be the superspreader event. Idiots without masks, shaking hands, hugging...reality biting them in the ass.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:32 PM »
A real-life US Senator has profound thoughts.

@KLoeffler: Remember: China gave this virus to our President @realDonaldTrump and First Lady @FLOTUS.  
WE MUST HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
A real-life US Senator has profound thoughts.

@KLoeffler: Remember: China gave this virus to our President @realDonaldTrump and First Lady @FLOTUS. 
WE MUST HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

Thanos-esque long game from China

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »
The monoclonal antibodies are being used under something called ‘expanded access’ or ‘compassionate use,’ a provision in the FDA regulations for patients who have “an immediately life-threatening condition or serious disease or condition to gain access to an investigational medical product (drug, biologic, or medical device) for treatment outside of clinical trials when no comparable or satisfactory alternative therapy options are available.” When I have seen this provision used in the past, it was for people like end-stage cancer patients who had failed other treatment regimens and are literally on death’s door. In other words, a desperate Hail Mary pass.

Given that other therapeutic combinations (particularly vitamin C, zinc and dexamethasone) have shown great promise, the expanded access use of the antibodies tells me that he is more ill than they are letting on.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/expanded-access

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:20 PM »
The monoclonal antibodies are being used under something called ‘expanded access’ or ‘compassionate use,’ a provision in the FDA regulations for patients who have “an immediately life-threatening condition or serious disease or condition to gain access to an investigational medical product (drug, biologic, or medical device) for treatment outside of clinical trials when no comparable or satisfactory alternative therapy options are available.” When I have seen this provision used in the past, it was for people like end-stage cancer patients who had failed other treatment regimens and are literally on death’s door. In other words, a desperate Hail Mary pass.

Given that other therapeutic combinations (particularly vitamin C, zinc and dexamethasone) have shown great promise, the expanded access use of the antibodies tells me that he is more ill than they are letting on.

I don't think he is necessarily more ill than they are letting on. These monoclonal antibodies were the treatment that I though would come online first.

I think this is a case where it's the president, has a good safety profile, and he is 74. A 74 year old that may have had a stroke earlier this year. He likely had a high viral titer with no antibodies yet. He is the poster child of someone at great risk.

This was likely precautionary, so that he doesn't turn south...because if he does, I don't think he makes it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2020, 08:57:03 PM »
No mention of Chris Wallace confirming the Trump's purposely arrived late for the debate and left no time to be COVID-19 tested.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2020, 09:05:55 PM »
I don't think he is necessarily more ill than they are letting on. These monoclonal antibodies were the treatment that I though would come online first.

I think this is a case where it's the president, has a good safety profile, and he is 74. A 74 year old that may have had a stroke earlier this year. He likely had a high viral titer with no antibodies yet. He is the poster child of someone at great risk.

This was likely precautionary, so that he doesn't turn south...because if he does, I don't think he makes it.

That is certainly possible as well.

Still, given the high success rates that have been reported recently with other regimens, I think it is very possible that he is gravely ill. The fact that we have not yet heard from the physicians treating him also raises concerns.

Anyhow, time will tell.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2020, 09:09:54 PM »

It may just be that normal rules don't apply when you're treating POTUS. And probably shouldn't.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »
It may just be that normal rules don't apply when you're treating POTUS. And probably shouldn't.

I totally understand that, and agree.

Just putting some background facts out there for context. And again, it is not as though there are no other effective therapies available.

If he really is doing well, it would be good to hear it from his treating physicians. We knew far more about Reagan within a couple of hours of him being shot.

Guess we will see.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:59 PM »
Kellyanne Conway is COVID-19 positive. Her daughter has mentioned that her mom is showing symptoms.

(She spent a lot of time near Bill Barr at the superspreader event. No word yet on him)

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/1312214949658152960?s=19

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:27:37 PM by shoothoops »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2020, 09:26:39 PM »
KellyAnne Conway is COVID-19 positive. Her daughter has mentioned that her mom is showing symptoms.

(She spent a lot of time near Bill Barr at the superspreader event. No word yet on him)

I may be out of it, but I thought her and her husband stepped away from their day jobs a few months ago?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:13 PM »
KellyAnne Conway is COVID-19 positive. Her daughter has mentioned that her mom is showing symptoms.

Man Trump's mask answer from the debate is really not aging well.