[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: POTUS - COVID Positive  (Read 37831 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
POTUS - COVID Positive
« on: October 01, 2020, 11:18:09 PM »
Trump quarantining after White House adviser Hope Hicks tests positive for COVID-19

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5889312002?__twitter_impression=true

President Donald Trump announced he and the first lady are beginning to quarantine after White House adviser Hope Hicks tested positive for the coronavirus.

Hicks tested positive for the coronavirus after she traveled with Trump in the last few days, according to a person familiar with Hicks' situation.

Trump said he and Melania Trump took coronavirus tests and were awaiting results.

Jonathan Reiner, professor of medicine and surgery at the George Washington University, said in tweets that those who traveled with Trump this week should quarantine themselves.

Since the president has been potentially exposed to the coronavirus, he should quarantine at home for 14 days and be separated from the Vice President to reduce the possibility that they both contract the virus," he said.

——————

We will see if he stays in for two weeks, as recommended by the physician quoted in the article.

forgetful

• All American
Re: POTUS - COVID Positive
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:35 PM »
Trump quarantining after White House adviser Hope Hicks tests positive for COVID-19

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5889312002?__twitter_impression=true

President Donald Trump announced he and the first lady are beginning to quarantine after White House adviser Hope Hicks tested positive for the coronavirus.

Hicks tested positive for the coronavirus after she traveled with Trump in the last few days, according to a person familiar with Hicks' situation.

Trump said he and Melania Trump took coronavirus tests and were awaiting results.

Jonathan Reiner, professor of medicine and surgery at the George Washington University, said in tweets that those who traveled with Trump this week should quarantine themselves.

Since the president has been potentially exposed to the coronavirus, he should quarantine at home for 14 days and be separated from the Vice President to reduce the possibility that they both contract the virus," he said.

——————

We will see if he stays in for two weeks, as recommended by the physician quoted in the article.

I've seen contradicting information on this. Some reports say that he is quarantining, others say he plans to go to fundraising events and a Florida rally tomorrow, provided his test is negative.

Will be interesting to see if he actually quarantines.

Frankly, it would be surprising if he is already positive. If he indeed develops COVID, it would be a bit more likely in a couple days, unless of course his exposure was to some other third party that may have infected both Trump and Hicks.

Curious as to why there was such a delay in notifying everyone. Apparently they knew about this yesterday. Trump even attended a fundraiser today, after they knew about the exposure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:33:12 PM by forgetful »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:06:33 AM »
Well that answers that. Trump COVID positive.

Something seems odd timeline wise, but that means that he was COVID positive during a fundraiser TODAY, that he attended despite knowing about exposure to Hicks.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:16:53 AM by forgetful »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 12:14:53 AM »
Well that answers that. Trump COVID positive.

Something seems odd timeline wise, but that means that he was COVID positive during a fundraiser TODAY, that he attended despite knowing about exposure to Hicks.

It was bound to happen eventually. If you play with fire, you will get burned.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-positive-coronavirus.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20201002&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=88591053&segment_id=39618&user_id=a4394b6a5672354a123af665691a6f2d

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 12:15:43 AM »
Dow futures plummeting by the minute on the Trump news.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 12:17:15 AM »
Other aspects. Who else is positive at this point. Other family members?

Flotus and Potus both could have been infectious at the debate. Was Biden exposed? Trump family members refused to wear masks, were any of them positive?

Things could get crazy.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 12:25:02 AM »

Flotus and Potus both could have been infectious at the debate. Was Biden exposed? Trump family members refused to wear masks, were any of them positive?

Things could get crazy.

Indeed.

Hopefully there was enough distance between Biden and Trump to prevent Biden from getting infected. It is potentially devastating for anyone to get it, but Biden has done the right things in terms of remote campaign events and wearing a mask in public.

As for the remainder of Trump’s family and traveling party…the flights and other traveling together make it hard to imagine there won’t be at least a few more. I really hope I am wrong about that.

And Pence needs to be sequestered as far away from people as possible....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:17 AM »
Hallie Jackson reports that Jim Jordan, exposed maskless to Hicks and both Trumps who now have Covid, is declining to quarantine.

Un-F*ing-believable!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:13 AM »
POTUS and FLOTUS test positive.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 05:58:22 AM »

Things could get crazy.

THIS IS 2020

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 06:28:59 AM »
I am aware of all of the potential political implications.  I won't dwell on them for a second.   This is certainly nothing to celebrate.   My only hope is that this finally breaks down the resistance of the anti-maskers.   The deniers.   That finally everybody takes it seriously and that everybody starts taking the necessary steps to slow infection.   That the stupidity ends.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 06:52:46 AM »
I am aware of all of the potential political implications.  I won't dwell on them for a second.   This is certainly nothing to celebrate.   My only hope is that this finally breaks down the resistance of the anti-maskers.   The deniers.   That finally everybody takes it seriously and that everybody starts taking the necessary steps to slow infection.   That the stupidity ends.

Have I got news for you 🙁
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 06:55:34 AM »
Wow.

Wowie wowie wow wow.

Wow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:31 AM »
Have I got news for you 🙁
You can say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

You are probably correct.   But I can hope.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 07:47:25 AM »
Biggest worry at this point is Biden. Have to hope that the distance was enough.

Hope Trump recovers fully so SDNY can still have their say.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 07:50:34 AM »

That only happens if he is gravely ill or dies.

Otherwise it will be "See!  Even a 74 year old gets it and survives.  What's the big deal?"
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »

That only happens if he is gravely ill or dies.

Otherwise it will be "See!  Even a 74 year old gets it and survives.  What's the big deal?"

This times a million
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 08:43:31 AM »
Split this topic off from the COVID thread.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 08:48:51 AM »
Split this topic off from the COVID thread.

Since we have a COVID thread and a POTUS - COVID thread could we also get a POTUS thread?  I think it would be interesting to hear others' opinions on our current President.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 08:56:11 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:02:36 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »
Let's do some reasoning here.  POTUS takes HCQ as a precaution and does not get covid.  POTUS stops taking HCQ as a precaution and gets covid.  Were rocketsurgeon and POTUS right all along?  HCQ is the covid killer?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2020, 09:18:41 AM »
Since we have a COVID thread and a POTUS - COVID thread could we also get a POTUS thread?  I think it would be interesting to hear others' opinions on our current President.

Post of the year

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
I wish everyone afflicted with COVID a speedy recovery.

But, how contact tracing and notifying those exposed to the president, his wife, and Hope Hicks was an outright failure. Trump was still holding fundraisers after being knowingly exposed, no one on the Biden campaign was notified, press on the plane were not notified. Quite frankly probably 100's exposed to them were not notified. They heard about it on the news.

There is a continuing lack of organization and responsiveness on everything COVID. That is nothing but gross negligence.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:08 AM »
Let's do some reasoning here.  POTUS takes HCQ as a precaution and does not get covid.  POTUS stops taking HCQ as a precaution and gets covid.  Were rocketsurgeon and POTUS right all along?  HCQ is the covid killer?

Let me repeat. I love sarcasm.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 09:32:45 AM »
They were telling him how to avoid getting COVID, but he kept interrupting.

feedback