[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Update on Sam Hauser  (Read 11807 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Update on Sam Hauser
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 03:31:22 PM »
6-10 guy with a decent outside shot who can handle the ball. I'm not saying he'll be an all star or that he's unbelievably athletic but I certainly think he'll get his cup of coffee.

Cup of coffee?  Sure.  200 games like Dekker?  I doubt it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 03:38:11 PM »

Cup of coffee?  Sure.  200 games like Dekker?  I doubt it.

Oh yeah I highly doubt he gets 200 games just think that he gets there.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 03:42:53 PM »
Yeah, I mean I am sure Izzo is going to get more out of him than what we saw his freshman year, but I didn't see an overabundance of athleticism from Joey. 

I don't know...looks like Joey is getting a good sniff of the NBA in that pic.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »
Oh yeah I highly doubt he gets 200 games just think that he gets there.

Gotcha.  I originally meant not getting to 200 games.  So yet again, another Scoop debate brought you by a miscommunication.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 04:11:05 PM »
I think work ethic and lack of entitlement leans severely in the favor of the Hausers over Henry.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
I think work ethic and lack of entitlement leans severely in the favor of the Hausers over Henry.

Work ethic maybe.

But lack of entitlement? These are the guys who left because our go-to guy happened to be one of the NCAA's all-time leading scorers. And Sam had already been here a couple of years before Joey showed up and 'noticed' Markus. C'mon.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 04:41:06 PM »
Work ethic maybe.

But lack of entitlement? These are the guys who left because our go-to guy happened to be one of the NCAA's all-time leading scorers. And Sam had already been here a couple of years before Joey showed up and 'noticed' Markus. C'mon.

The left to go to the two most selfless teams in the country.  I would see your point more if they ran off to Iowa State or Nebraska but when you leave for UVA and MSU, that tells me you want to play the game a certain way.  No different than Jimmy Butler working his way to the Heat.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
The left to go to the two most selfless teams in the country.  I would see your point more if they ran off to Iowa State or Nebraska but when you leave for UVA and MSU, that tells me you want to play the game a certain way.  No different than Jimmy Butler working his way to the Heat.

A very Badgeresque response.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 04:46:52 PM »

But again, Joey had been watching Sam play this way for two years. If the goal was to play a different style of ball, it was a pretty silly decision to come in the first place. Did he really think he was going to change how Wojo coached?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 04:52:53 PM »

It tells me they wanted to go to the best program that would have them.
Who picks Iowa State over Virginia? Or Nebraska over Michigan State?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »

What way does Michigan State play?  Hope he likes playing with a bunch of one-and-dones looking to get to the Association
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 05:55:30 PM »
C’mon

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 06:34:41 PM »
What about Joey Hauser's freshman year makes you think he can sniff the NBA?
4x BE Freshman of the Week? Sure, Ja Morant made him look silly, and his whiny attitude contributed to a 2nd half of the season tailspin, but there is a lot of talent there.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Yeah, I mean I am sure Izzo is going to get more out of him than what we saw his freshman year, but I didn't see an overabundance of athleticism from Joey. 

Everytime I see this picture in an attack on Joey I lose braincells.

It was very clearly 100% on Bailey...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8xzYNhvpxk&ab_channel=GPII

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
4x BE Freshman of the Week?

Lol. Sure. Nothing says NBA ready like being the BE Freshman of the Week, not once, not twice, not even three times. ..BUT FOUR TIMES!!!!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 06:41:59 PM »
4x BE Freshman of the Week? Sure, Ja Morant made him look silly, and his whiny attitude contributed to a 2nd half of the season tailspin, but there is a lot of talent there.

How many player of the week/month/year awards did Markus win?  Are they going to help him make the Association?  There is a lot of talent there.

NBA value is based on who you can defend, and I honestly don't see either player being able to defend well enough to stick with a roster.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 06:57:42 PM »
How many player of the week/month/year awards did Markus win?  Are they going to help him make the Association?  There is a lot of talent there.

NBA value is based on who you can defend, and I honestly don't see either player being able to defend well enough to stick with a roster.

Most college BB fans don't understand this point.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 07:06:44 PM »

Most college BB fans don't understand this point.

Yep, there's also a difference between being a bad defender because you make a lot of mental mistakes, and being a bad defender because you don't posses the physical attributes to succeed.  Juan was a liability as a Freshman because he had no clue what was going on, but no one ever doubted his physical abilities.  Joey had his fair share of mental lapses, but on top of that, doesn't appear to have the capability to be a good enough defender even if those lapses get fixed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2020, 07:20:28 PM »
Lol. Sure. Nothing says NBA ready like being the BE Freshman of the Week, not once, not twice, not even three times. ..BUT FOUR TIMES!!!!
The question wasn't "NBA ready", was it?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2020, 07:26:36 PM »

My mistake, Joey actually won BE Freshman of the Week 5 times, not 4. Markus won the award 3 times. Both were named to the All BE Freshman Team.

I agree that it is unlikely that either is good enough to stick, but IMO both have enough talent to have a chance of a sniff at the NBA, which was what the question was.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »
My mistake, Joey actually won BE Freshman of the Week 5 times, not 4. Markus won the award 3 times. Both were named to the All BE Freshman Team.

I agree that it is unlikely that either is good enough to stick, but IMO both have enough talent to have a chance of a sniff at the NBA, which was what the question was.

But you didn't say that you thought he had the talent to get a sniff.  You said Joey winning this award as a freshman means that he'll sniff the NBA.  By that logic, anyone that wins a BEast Freshman of the week should be able to sniff the NBA.  Haanif made the all-Freshman team, was that enough for him to sniff the NBA?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2020, 10:19:16 PM »
But you didn't say that you thought he had the talent to get a sniff.  You said Joey winning this award as a freshman means that he'll sniff the NBA.  By that logic, anyone that wins a BEast Freshman of the week should be able to sniff the NBA.  Haanif made the all-Freshman team, was that enough for him to sniff the NBA?
No, not really, but we are definitely talking minutia at this point. The exact question was, "What about Joey Hauser's freshman year makes you think he can sniff the NBA?"

I didn't say "he'll sniff the NBA" as you did above, I was answering whether he "can sniff the NBA". I wasn't predicting he definitely would, only that IMO he has enough talent that there is a reasonable chance. I mean, we are kind of violently agreeing at this point.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
What way does Michigan State play?  Hope he likes playing with a bunch of one-and-dones looking to get to the Association

MSU has the occasional one and done but we’re not talking UK or Duke here. The last I can remember is Jaren Jackson, Jr. But Valentine  and Winston were BT POY and four year guys.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2020, 11:01:53 PM »

Damn you and your logic/common sense. People here prefer their sour grapes.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »
MSU has the occasional one and done but we’re not talking UK or Duke here. The last I can remember is Jaren Jackson, Jr. But Valentine  and Winston were BT POY and four year guys.

Yeah he won't be playing with one and dined just a heck of a lot more players at his talent level or better.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback