[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245467 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2020, 03:29:28 PM »
I guess Mahomes isn’t invincible after all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #301 on: October 11, 2020, 04:19:45 PM »
I guess Mahomes isn’t invincible after all.

We’ll see.  He lost a pretty meaningless regular season football game.  Nobody has said he would never lose another game in his career.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #302 on: October 11, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
In retrospect, here is what the NFL should have done with its schedule.

Each team plays 15 games over 17 weeks.  No inter-conference games.  There are AFC only bye weeks in November and December.  Ditto the NFC.  Any games that need to be postponed are moved into those weeks.

Having an early bye week makes no sense.  What are the Packers going to do if they, or their opponent, has positives now?  The NFL didn't make any schedule adjustments and here we are...

Then they need to take a week off after the season and move into postseason bubbles in different locations a la MLB.  I don't know what they are going to do if they have positives during a playoff week.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #303 on: October 11, 2020, 05:01:11 PM »
Sounds like Dan Quinn is finally on his way out.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #304 on: October 11, 2020, 05:40:43 PM »
Ugh. I hope Dak will be able to recover from that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #305 on: October 11, 2020, 05:46:34 PM »
Why would they not have put him on a stretcher and lifted him onto the cart? Or at the very least pull the cart right up next to Dak? Having had a pretty ugly ankle injury in middle school, I can’t imagine them handling that any worse. It’s obviously excruciating no matter what, but any movement is going to be an absurd amount of added pain. Trying to hold his leg while he hops 10-15 feet over to the cart? What?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2020, 06:32:50 PM »
Ugh. I hope Dak will be able to recover from that.

This is exactly why players should hold out in contract negotiations.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2020, 06:52:47 PM »
Anywhere I can place a bet on the Chiefs going 19-0?

12 days ago you could have. Now you can bet on them going 18-1.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2020, 06:58:34 PM »
12 days ago you could have. Now you can bet on them going 18-1.

Where?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2020, 07:00:39 PM »
We’ll see.  He lost a pretty meaningless regular season football game.  Nobody has said he would never lose another game in his career.

Totally agree. I was being goofy. If I had to bet today, I’d bet on them to win it all again.

Meanwhile ...

Panthers better without McCaffrey?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2020, 07:25:10 PM »
Where?

Las Vegas.

Draft Kings sports book would have given you 25-1 odds before the season started. 3 weeks in (when you wanted to make the bet) my guess is you could have gotten around 18-1. If you can’t find the actual prop bet, play a 14 team open parlay and take the Chiefs vs the money line every week through the Super Bowl.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 07:27:34 PM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2020, 07:33:47 PM »
Las Vegas.

Draft Kings sports book would have given you 25-1 odds before the season started. 3 weeks in (when you wanted to make the bet) my guess is you could have gotten around 18-1. If you can’t find the actual prop bet, play a 14 team open parlay and take the Chiefs vs the money line every week through the Super Bowl.

Never used Draftkings. As far as I can see on their site, they only have game lines for tonight’s game and tomorrow night’s game. Only futures I can find on KC are their Division and Conference winner odds.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »
Never used Draftkings. As far as I can see on their site, they only have game lines for tonight’s game and tomorrow night’s game. Only futures I can find on KC are their Division and Conference winner odds.

The Draft Kings line was up before the season. Once the Season started they would either adjust the line or stop taking bets on the prop. Maybe the only way to play it now is with a book who will allow a big open ended parlay.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »
The Vikings, stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2020, 10:32:26 PM »
If I'm the Vikings, I kick the FG and take the 8-point lead. Then you can't lose the game in regulation.

The "sheet" says go for it, though. So it's hard to blame Zimmer doing what he's "supposed" to do.

Russell Wilson ... wow. I don't know if he's frontrunner for MVP or not, but did I hear right ... he's never received a single MVP vote in his entire career? If that's true, given all that he has accomplished, it's totally effen amazing.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2020, 10:46:55 PM »
If I'm the Vikings, I kick the FG and take the 8-point lead. Then you can't lose the game in regulation.

The "sheet" says go for it, though. So it's hard to blame Zimmer doing what he's "supposed" to do.

Russell Wilson ... wow. I don't know if he's frontrunner for MVP or not, but did I hear right ... he's never received a single MVP vote in his entire career? If that's true, given all that he has accomplished, it's totally effen amazing.

I hate the way Zimmer coaches, and this was completely out of his style, and thus perfectly stupid.  He’s the sort of dude that would LOVE to to win 14-0 with you having 2 possessions, one per half.  Hate watching it.

But to the play, maybe that’s your move at home in front of 80K fans when you’re on D, but on the road against an MVP candidate, it’s just awful.  Loved the way it turned out. Though it was EXCRUCIATING to lose the over, which was dead all game, on a dropped 2 pt conversion after all of that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2020, 10:55:48 PM »
This is exactly why players should hold out in contract negotiations.

100%

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2020, 11:04:13 PM »
Looks like the Vikings are trying to out-Lions the Lions.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2020, 07:47:03 AM »
I hate the way Zimmer coaches, and this was completely out of his style, and thus perfectly stupid.  He’s the sort of dude that would LOVE to to win 14-0 with you having 2 possessions, one per half.  Hate watching it.

But to the play, maybe that’s your move at home in front of 80K fans when you’re on D, but on the road against an MVP candidate, it’s just awful.  Loved the way it turned out. Though it was EXCRUCIATING to lose the over, which was dead all game, on a dropped 2 pt conversion after all of that.

I think you go for that every time.  They had the right call, it was blocked well, but the back just kinda ran into the line.  If he cuts, he gets it, and the game is over.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »

I think you go for that every time.  They had the right call, it was blocked well, but the back just kinda ran into the line.  If he cuts, he gets it, and the game is over.

I wasn't jumping up and down and screaming at the TV. I just texted my son and said, "I'd be kicking the field goal."

But I don't think it's a "go for it every time" situation, either, because all kinds of bad things can happen ... including the back running into the line, and then a future HOF QB in the prime of his career taking his team downfield with 2 minutes remaining, a time-out in his pocket, and not even needing an extra point to win.

Of course, in wet conditions, bad things can happen on even a short FG attempt, too, I fully recognize that. And then there's the old, "If you can't gain less than a yard when you need to, you don't deserve to win." Over the years, that thinking has helped -- and hurt -- numerous teams.

Collinsworth said he would kick the FG but then kinda fudged because he didn't want it to seem he was ripping Zimmer.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »
I wasn't jumping up and down and screaming at the TV. I just texted my son and said, "I'd be kicking the field goal."

But I don't think it's a "go for it every time" situation, either, because all kinds of bad things can happen ... including the back running into the line, and then a future HOF QB in the prime of his career taking his team downfield with 2 minutes remaining, a time-out in his pocket, and not even needing an extra point to win.

Of course, in wet conditions, bad things can happen on even a short FG attempt, too, I fully recognize that. And then there's the old, "If you can't gain less than a yard when you need to, you don't deserve to win." Over the years, that thinking has helped -- and hurt -- numerous teams.

Collinsworth said he would kick the FG but then kinda fudged because he didn't want it to seem he was ripping Zimmer.

One other aspect is Matthison was killing them on the ground. He had a gaping hole but missed it.  Kicking the FG gives Seattle 20 yards of field position with a touchback and them needing a TD anyways. Then you get into OT with Seattle who have played a much better second half.

Maybe I’m scarred by the Packers giving up so many tying/losing touchdowns at the end of games, but I think going for it was the right call. Russ just showed why he’s a top flight QB. Going for it was the only way to have the chance of him not touching the ball again.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2020, 11:31:41 AM »
Part of this is the culture that decries risk-adverse coaches.  But of course we then criticize them when the risky move doesn't work out.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »
It was the right decision, IMO. Game over if you can get a yard. Seahawks have a chance if a FG is attempted, make or miss. End the game when you get a chance. Unfortunately the RB just missed the hole.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »
Again, I'm saying what I would have done. I fully understand the rationale for going for it. You make the foot, you win the game. It's understandable.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #324 on: October 12, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »

Math says go for it.
Math is science.
Therefore science says go for it.

People who kick the field goal are science deniers.

feedback