[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 245973 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2020, 02:56:17 PM »
Math says go for it.
Math is science.
Therefore science says go for it.

People who kick the field goal are science deniers.

I love you.
All the world loves a lover.
You are all the world to me.
Therefore, you love me.

That was one my Logic 1 prof taught us. I tried it on a few girls; it finally worked on one of them! 37 years later, she's starting to think she was scammed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2020, 03:39:22 PM »
Now that Quinn is gone, how much time does Zimmer have left?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2020, 03:48:08 PM »
Ordinarily, I would agree with the decision to go for it. However, they were playing a backup RB. He had been having a great game after Cook’s injury, but still that’s a lot of pressure to put on an inexperienced player’s shoulders.

Then again, I’m glad they lost, so I fully support the decision to go for it, even with an inexperienced RB.  ;)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2020, 08:23:07 PM »
This Saints team has 8-8 written all over it.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »
Brees doesn’t look very good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2020, 08:41:54 PM »
Brees doesn’t look very good.

Age has a way of catching up with people. Both Brady and Brees are great quarterbacks, but they clearly are well past their prime.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »
Would love to see have seen Chargers win not blow this effen game.

Fixed it for myself.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:37:10 AM by MU82 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2020, 10:05:36 PM »
I love you.
All the world loves a lover.
You are all the world to me.
Therefore, you love me.

That was one my Logic 1 prof taught us. I tried it on a few girls; it finally worked on one of them! 37 years later, she's starting to think she was scammed.

Facts instead of junk (all the world loves a lover? Really?) change things just a little.

Sorta like

God is love
Love is blind
Ray Charles is blind
Therefore, Ray Charles is God
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 10:51:43 PM by Lennys Tap »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2020, 12:36:08 AM »
Facts instead of junk (all the world loves a lover? Really?) change things just a little.

Sorta like

God is love
Love is blind
Ray Charles is blind
Therefore, Ray Charles is God

Well ... duh!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2020, 01:19:33 AM »
Would love to see have seen Chargers win not blow this effen game.

Fixed it for myself.

It’s fascinating how many coaches in this league just have zero ability or understanding of how to play with a lead.

This is the second week in a row that the Chargers went into halftime with a lead, with their young QB playing well and confident, and Anthony Lynn went into the second half deciding to run the ball and eat clock. Do that in the 4th up 10-14, sure. But I can fathom how these coaches don’t try to attack in the 3rd with what’s working.

My best friend is a Browns fan, and it’s the same issue. Scoring 20-30+ pts in the first half and then letting your opponent back into the game late as you play not to lose, instead of going for a win. They’ve pulled the last 4 games out, but not without worry

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »
Fortunately (?) for the Jets, it was a false positive.
At this point the Jets need to get that 0-16/1-15, get that first draft pick and trade it for a slew of picks.  Do what Cleveland did.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #336 on: October 13, 2020, 09:34:40 AM »
It’s fascinating how many coaches in this league just have zero ability or understanding of how to play with a lead.

This is the second week in a row that the Chargers went into halftime with a lead, with their young QB playing well and confident, and Anthony Lynn went into the second half deciding to run the ball and eat clock. Do that in the 4th up 10-14, sure. But I can fathom how these coaches don’t try to attack in the 3rd with what’s working.

My best friend is a Browns fan, and it’s the same issue. Scoring 20-30+ pts in the first half and then letting your opponent back into the game late as you play not to lose, instead of going for a win. They’ve pulled the last 4 games out, but not without worry

Yep. Going into the prevent offense too soon has cost teams many games over the years.

It also happens in college hoops. <Cough - four corners - cough>

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:05 AM »
At this point the Jets need to get that 0-16/1-15, get that first draft pick and trade it for a slew of picks.  Do what Cleveland did.

If the Jets get the first pick, they should and will draft Trevor Lawrence.
Nothing matters more to a team's long-term success than having a franchise QB. Sam Darnold ain't it, and you don't pass on a potential generational talent at the position.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »
Nothing matters more to a team's long-term success than having a franchise QB. Sam Darnold ain't it, and you don't pass on a potential generational talent at the position.
I disagree.  A franchise QB would be wasted with this roster.  A quality QB on this roster, with its poor O line and no running game and no weapons would get pounded and potentially ruined.  Look at what happened to Shane "Footsteps" Falco.  I don't like Darnold much either, as he too often misses receivers on the rare occasions they are open, but he's never been given a real chance with a competent team.  As a Jets fan, I'd actually feel sorry for Lawrence if the Jets drafted him, unless they let him back up for a year and let Darnold take the lumps, which this franchise would never be patient enough to do.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:18 AM »

And if I’m Trevor Lawrence, I ain’t going there unless they have a competent new GM and coach
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
I disagree.  A franchise QB would be wasted with this roster.  A quality QB on this roster, with its poor O line and no running game and no weapons would get pounded and potentially ruined.  Look at what happened to Shane "Footsteps" Falco.  I don't like Darnold much either, as he too often misses receivers on the rare occasions they are open, but he's never been given a real chance with a competent team.  As a Jets fan, I'd actually feel sorry for Lawrence if the Jets drafted him, unless they let him back up for a year and let Darnold take the lumps, which this franchise would never be patient enough to do.

The Colts were crap when Manning got drafted. Same with the Cowboys when Aikman got picked. Broncos sucked when Elway went there. The Panthers were brutal when they got Cam. Etc etc etc. All took their lumps. That’s way more likely than a rookie lighting it up for a very good team.

If the Jets think Lawrence is the best, they should draft him -and they probably will.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #341 on: October 13, 2020, 02:29:53 PM »
The Colts were crap when Manning got drafted. Same with the Cowboys when Aikman got picked. Broncos sucked when Elway went there. The Panthers were brutal when they got Cam. Etc etc etc. All took their lumps. That’s way more likely than a rookie lighting it up for a very good team.

If the Jets think Lawrence is the best, they should draft him -and they probably will.

The Broncos were one season removed from a winning record when Elway forced the Colts to trade him.

But the Colts and Cowboys made wholesale front office and coaching changes before drafting Manning and Aikman. If the Jets don't do something similar and they hold the #1 pick, I'm either pulling an Eli Manning or I'm going back to school. There is zero way I am tying my future to Adam Gase if I'm Lawrence.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #342 on: October 13, 2020, 02:41:18 PM »
The Lions were terrible before they drafted Stafford.   Oh, wait...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #343 on: October 13, 2020, 02:57:31 PM »

The Broncos were one season removed from a winning record when Elway forced the Colts to trade him.

But the Colts and Cowboys made wholesale front office and coaching changes before drafting Manning and Aikman. If the Jets don't do something similar and they hold the #1 pick, I'm either pulling an Eli Manning or I'm going back to school. There is zero way I am tying my future to Adam Gase if I'm Lawrence.

Broncos were 8-8, 10-6, 2-7 (strike) previous 3 seasons. I'm not gonna get into a silly Scoop semantics war. I said they "sucked" before he went there. 2-7. But sure, at 20-21 previous 3 seasons I'll happily move to "mediocre" for the sake of harmony.

Good points about the staffing changes on other teams. The Jets certainly should be looking to do the same, but maybe they won't.

I would think it would be difficult for Lawrence to turn down the trappings of NY, but maybe he will do what you say. They don't have great leverage, though. For every Elway or Eli situation, there are lots of Joe Burrows who just go where they're drafted.

I think we probably will get to see, because the Jets sure as shyte ain't winning many games.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #344 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:27 PM »

What MU82 said.
The Bungles have pretty much the same roster as last year, but just adding Burrow - who's not the prospect Lawrence is - has made them competitive.
You don't pass on a potential franchise QB, especially not one seen as the top QB prospect in a decade.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2020, 05:07:55 PM »

I would think it would be difficult for Lawrence to turn down the trappings of NY, but maybe he will do what you say. They don't have great leverage, though. For every Elway or Eli situation, there are lots of Joe Burrows who just go where they're drafted.

If there is anyone who may be the one to turn down NY, I feel like it could be Lawrence. From small town Georgia, very religious, already engaged to a GF that doesn’t even go to Clemson. Now many have started on that path and veered sharply once fame and riches of the big show beckoned, but on paper I could see it.

Burrow I think was also unique cause the Bengals allowed him to be a hero in his home state after not having the chance at OSU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »
Agree the Jets should take Lawrence if they have a chance...but I also agree that he very well could become just the next in a long line of 'sure-fire' QBs who went bust. See, e.g., Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, etc, etc.

It takes a unique mix of talent, chemistry and coaching to get from here to there....

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2020, 06:15:31 PM »
Agree the Jets should take Lawrence if they have a chance...but I also agree that he very well could become just the next in a long line of 'sure-fire' QBs who went bust. See, e.g., Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, etc, etc.

It takes a unique mix of talent, chemistry and coaching to get from here to there....

Lawrence is light years ahead of the guys you mentioned but your point stands
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
Saints unhappy with New Orleans, so they're going to take their ball to Baton Rouge

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2020, 07:13:31 PM »

None of those guys were considered surefire.
And Lawrence isn't surefire either, but he's the closest to it since Luck.

feedback