[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 74173 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Kenosha
« on: August 23, 2020, 10:51:37 PM »
Black Lives Matter.

At least they do to me. And should to everyone. This is why teams will wear a patch. I will support Theo and the team.

#BLM.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 11:01:33 PM »
Agreed.

Proud of MU and the BE.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 11:09:47 PM »
Looks very bad.

@davenewworld_2: WARNING GRAPHIC ⚠️ Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin shoot an unarmed man in the back https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1297698630875385856/video/1

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:10:49 PM »
Haven't had time to read much about it and will refrain from commenting further until then.

Really hope he pulls through.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:26:50 PM »
Looks very bad.

@davenewworld_2: WARNING GRAPHIC ⚠️ Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin shoot an unarmed man in the back https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1297698630875385856/video/1

Probably IBTL, but here is my biggest thought with this whole video...even if he had a button to unleash a nuclear warhead towards downtown Milwaukee in his center console so him opening the door and entering the car is clear and imminent life threatening danger...how do THREE officers allow him slowly and methodically round the car and get to the door and open it? No tasers, no attempt at physical force to stop him, just train your weapon on him and wait for “justification” to open fire? He could have been armed or attempting to arm himself and it’s STILL just comically inept and lackadaisically policing IMO.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
Probably IBTL, but here is my biggest thought with this whole video...even if he had a button to unleash a nuclear warhead towards downtown Milwaukee in his center console so him opening the door and entering the car is clear and imminent life threatening danger...how do THREE officers allow him slowly and methodically round the car and get to the door and open it? No tasers, no attempt at physical force to stop him, just train your weapon on him and wait for “justification” to open fire? He could have been armed or attempting to arm himself and it’s STILL just comically inept and lackadaisically policing IMO.

The irony here is that according to witnesses, the man who was shot here wasn't directly involved in the incident that brought police there in the first place. Apparently he was trying to break up a fight.
Obviously there are a lot of unanswered questions here, and the cop's actions may end being justified. But regardless, it's troubling.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 11:53:06 PM »
Holy crap.  For those that don't like seeing black men shot in the back, don't watch.

Don't tell certain folks here, they've assured us that all live matter, and black people are given business opportunities that white people can't get, and that Marxists are trying to take over the country, and that protesters are trying to destroy cities, and that most violent crimes are committed by black people, and  that calling something "white fragility" is racist, and that Wendy's franchises' lives matter too.

I'm not necessarily "woke", but wake up folks. 

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 01:36:17 AM »
Holy crap.  For those that don't like seeing black men shot in the back, don't watch.

Don't tell certain folks here, they've assured us that all live matter, and black people are given business opportunities that white people can't get, and that Marxists are trying to take over the country, and that protesters are trying to destroy cities, and that most violent crimes are committed by black people, and  that calling something "white fragility" is racist, and that Wendy's franchises' lives matter too.

Well written

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 06:04:13 AM »
Until the day comes that unarmed black men aren't shot in the back by police, I support BLM.

And to you who say 'Marxism', I say to you that racism is a far worse scourge.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 06:50:23 AM »

Proud to have you as our moderator, rocky.

Until the day comes that unarmed black men aren't shot in the back by police, I support BLM.

And to you who say 'Marxism', I say to you that racism is a far worse scourge.

That's just silly. Ners says that the day Obama got elected, racism in the U.S. magically disappeared and it's us white males who became the oppressed.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
That's just silly. Ners says that the day Obama got elected, racism in the U.S. magically disappeared and it's us white males who became the oppressed.

Don’t pick fights.  It’s too sad and important for that petty stuff

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »
What can anyone say at this point? 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 07:49:33 AM »
What can anyone say at this point? 

Oh I'm sure someone will find something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 08:44:20 AM »
Don’t pick fights.  It’s too sad and important for that petty stuff

I understand what you're saying, but systemic racism isn't petty. Indeed, it almost certainly is what led to this person being shot.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 09:18:03 AM »
That's one of the worst caught on video police shootings I've ever seen. Every part of this is terrible. I'm sure in their report it says something about resisting arrest as that seems to be a constant in every police report post shooting.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »
Proud to have you as our moderator, rocky.

Since your triggered soul can't help yourself...I'll indulge you:  Please go quote where I've posted white males are oppressed.

Unlike you, I simply don't associate the actions of individual police officers with the entirety of the profession, nor the entirety of their race. 

As I've posted before, my solution to this continued problem of officer involved shootings is to simply make the entire police department Black.  Simple solution.   

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »
As I've posted before, my solution to this continued problem of officer involved shootings is to simply make the entire police department Black.  Simple solution.

I don't (want to) know the prior dialogue that lead to this suggestion or how serious its meant to be, but if the demographics of police departments reflected the communities they serve, a vast majority of these problems would disappear.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 09:42:21 AM »
Since your triggered soul can't help yourself...I'll indulge you:  Please go quote where I've posted white males are oppressed.

Unlike you, I simply don't associate the actions of individual police officers with the entirety of the profession, nor the entirety of their race. 

lol, serious man is serious.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »
Funny how people see different things in the same video.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:26 AM »

Anybody who sees anything but how its being portrayed here should probably have a long look in the mirror.  Because if anybody thinks that this was justified, unless he had a gun on the front seat of his car that he was reaching for, it most certainly wasn't.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:55 AM »

What do you see?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 09:52:40 AM »

I see an unarmed guy getting capped 7 times in the back from point blank distance. What do you see?

And if they were worried about the presence of a weapon, they easily could have cuffed him prior to that. Or used a taser instead of likely lethal force.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2020, 09:54:17 AM »

Anybody who sees anything but how its being portrayed here should probably have a long look in the mirror.  Because if anybody thinks that this was justified, unless he had a gun on the front seat of his car that he was reaching for, it most certainly wasn't.

::) I'm not saying it was justified. Yet, i did see a man walking away from the cops when guns were on him. We need more answers.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:56:43 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2020, 09:55:32 AM »
::)

Lack of substantive response noted.  And I'm not suprised.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »

Lack of substantive response noted.  And I'm not suprised.

I was adding to my comment. Response noted.  ;)
-Bill Walton