[Today at 01:56:18 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BEast teams will wear BLM patch  (Read 12154 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: BEast teams will wear BLM patch
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »
Love it!  Awesome to support a "movement" that believes: 

There is state sanctioned and deliberate and rampant violence inflicted on Blacks.  (Totally false)

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." 

(Sweet! I hereby support BLM and am now all for banging whomever, making babies, abandoning them, and leaving the village to raise those bastards!  No doubt absentee fathers and single parent households are the surefire formula for success!) 

Western/European culture needs to reconsider its viewpoints and support this enlightened "movement" (of idiocy).

Hey, at least you aren't someone who is trying to hide the fact they are clear racists.  You just come out and let the world know.  Good for you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
Black. Lives. Matter.  That's all I came here to say.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." 

But while I'm at it, I'll add "It takes a village."  I couldn't raise my daughter without the support of my extended family, my friends, the day care workers, the teenagers I hire to babysit her, and someday her teachers.  As a teacher myself, I am proud to be part of the collective raising other people's children. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »

There is state sanctioned and deliberate and rampant violence inflicted on Blacks.  (Totally false)

(Sweet! I hereby support BLM and am now all for banging whomever, making babies, abandoning them, and leaving the village to raise those bastards!  No doubt absentee fathers and single parent households are the surefire formula for success!) 

Western/European culture needs to reconsider its viewpoints and support this enlightened "movement" (of idiocy).

Hey folks, if you're wondering why I'm sometimes embarrassed to be an American (let alone an MU alumi) it because of knuckle dragging simps like this that lack the ability to critically think.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
Hey, at least you aren't someone who is trying to hide the fact they are clear racists.  You just come out and let the world know.  Good for you.
Calling someone a racist is the saddest and most common response for someone who does not want to debate facts. Grow up.

For the record, I'm cool with the BLM patch on uniforms.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »
Hey, at least you aren't someone who is trying to hide the fact they are clear racists realist  You just come out and let the world know.  Good for you.

Fixed for you.  It would be nice if BLM transacted in an actual honest discussion of the reality of race in the U.S. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 01:22:53 PM »

1. Your quoting the non-profit's mission statement. Just because a non-profit has co-opted the name of a popular movement doesn't mean their mission statement applies to the rest of the movement. During the days of MLK, there were many in the Civil Rights movement who resorted to rioting, violence, communist leanings, etc. That doesn't mean MLK and the entire Civil Rights Movement should be demonized (though many opponents at the time tried to do just that).

2. The reference to "state-sanctioned violence" is in reference to police officers and others who are found not guilty after committing violent crimes against black people. We can argue about how much of it is "deliberate" (certainly at least some of it is) and what "rampant" means but I think your claim of totally false doesn't hold water.

3. I'm really not sure where you got "bastards" and "absentee fathers" from that second quote, seems like a....stretch.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
Calling someone a racist is the saddest and most common response for someone who does not want to debate facts. Grow up.

Nah.  Elon's posting history on this issue is pretty clear.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 01:24:41 PM »
Hey folks, if you're wondering why I'm sometimes embarrassed to be an American (let alone an MU alumi) it because of knuckle dragging simps like this that lack the ability to critically think.

Pure irony right here folks.

Yet, your embarrassment to be an American doesn't surprise me in the least as a far left liberal.  The angst you guys have over the country you live in (that so many people from all over the world are willing to die for to get into), is beyond bizarre. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 01:26:04 PM »

Nah.  Elon's posting history on this issue is pretty clear.

Simple question:  Do you believe a nuclear, two-parent household is a better environment for a child than the alternative?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

For the record, I'm cool with the BLM patch on uniforms.

So when is it appropriate to call somebody or something racist?
TAMU

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2020, 01:31:28 PM »
Pure irony right here folks.

Yet, your embarrassment to be an American doesn't surprise me in the least as a far left liberal.  The angst you guys have over the country you live in (that so many people from all over the world are willing to die for to get into), is beyond bizarre.

You don't want to learn anything about BLM.  You'd rather drop your racist views and rail about black on black violence.  Which happens about as often as white on white violence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/27/why-doesnt-black-lives-matter-doesnt-focus-talk-about-black-black-crime/87609692/

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-talk-about-black-on-black-crime-an-answer-1819092337

You're just parroting a talking point.

BECAUSE YOU'RE RACIST, AND CAN'T SEE IT

You can call me far left if you'd like, but I'm quite sure you don't understand the meaning.  A reoccurring theme for you.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:16 PM »
Just reading through this thread is kind of a downer. The problem is that in today's America, EVERYTHING is politicized - and the PC police are everywhere and oh, so vigilant.

What's the matter with "Black Lives Matter?" Of course they do. But why all the blowback against "All Lives Matter?" That's not anti-anything, it's pro-humanity. But not PC-enough, apparently - can't express THAT at Goodyear.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »
Simple question:  Do you believe a nuclear, two-parent household is a better environment for a child than the alternative?

That entirely depends. What does said nuclear family look like? Divorce hits 50% of all marriages currently, is it healthier for a child to grow up between two parents screaming at each other all the time or be raise by a group? Ideally we'd all have two parents on the same page that are madly in love and put the child first. That's not reality, so BLM subscribes to a notion that accepts reality saying it's ok and there's no shame in not having the traditional family.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:53 PM »

That's a false dichotomy. I would much rather a child be raised by a loving single parent than by two abusive married ones. It also makes the assumption that someone is "at fault" if there isn't two parents in the household.

Also, that has nothing to do with anything that we are talking about here. What you quoted says nothing about "absentee fathers" and "bastards" as you put it earlier. It's a recognition that just because there aren't two married parents doesn't mean it is not a family. And as SaveOD said, "it takes a village." My daughter is less than a year old and she already has a team of people outside of my wife and I helping to raise her.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:35:22 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »

In ideal circumstances sure.  But it isn't always the better alternative.

If you look at the sentence you quoted from BLM, it doesn't dispute the concept of a two-parent nuclear family either.  In fact it made it clear that the "collective care for one another" concept is only extended "to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable."

That's hardly a knock on the nuclear family.  It just states that it doesn't need to be a "requirement."  Which is true.  (Although I don't think that it is actually a "requirement" in many places these days.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2020, 01:37:48 PM »
What's the matter with "Black Lives Matter?" Of course they do. But why all the blowback against "All Lives Matter?" That's not anti-anything, it's pro-humanity. But not PC-enough, apparently - can't express THAT at Goodyear.

It's been explained repeatedly.  Not going to do it again.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 01:38:09 PM »
Just reading through this thread is kind of a downer. The problem is that in today's America, EVERYTHING is politicized - and the PC police are everywhere and oh, so vigilant.

https://www.parents.com/kids/responsibility/racism/reasons-all-lives-matter-doesnt-work-in-terms-simple-enough-for-a-child/

My personal favorite one:

TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »
Calling someone a racist is the saddest and most common response for someone who does not want to debate facts.

One of America's long-standing problems is that people have been too willing to let racists say and do racist crap. We understandably don't like conflict or confrontation. So we nervously shift our weight in our chairs when somebody tells a racist joke, we say nothing when an acquaintance does or says racist crud.

Thankfully, that is changing, as more people of all races have had it up to here with it.

Ners has demonstrated repeatedly, and in numerous threads, over a long stretch of time, that he is a racist. I am glad he is being called out. Again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2020, 01:41:52 PM »
If it walks, quacks and looks like a duck, it’s a duck. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2020, 01:49:30 PM »
One of America's long-standing problems is that people have been too willing to let racists say and do racist crap. We understandably don't like conflict or confrontation. So we nervously shift our weight in our chairs when somebody tells a racist joke, we say nothing when an acquaintance does or says racist crud.

Thankfully, that is changing, as more people of all races have had it up to here with it.

Ners has demonstrated repeatedly, and in numerous threads, over a long stretch of time, that he is a racist. I am glad he is being called out. Again.

Correct.  It is the responsibility of everyone to call out racist behavior when they see it.  Silence is deafening, and bad behavior doesn't change if we just ignore it.  If we don't say something, this same bad behavior is something children pick up on.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »

"All Lives Matter" was created to politicize Black Lives Matter. 

"All Lives Matter" diminishes the message of Black Lives Matter.

All Lives can't matter until Black Lives Matter.  So just say it.  It isn't hard.  Black Lives matter.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »

I don't think you're trying to be a bad guy here, so all I'll say is that you should do a little homework on this if you really don't understand.

For example, here is a nice piece on the subject from Parents magazine:

https://www.parents.com/kids/responsibility/racism/reasons-all-lives-matter-doesnt-work-in-terms-simple-enough-for-a-child/

White people do not have to be validated in this country. They are not being pulled over by cops or profiled in stores just because they are white. Us white folks have mattered in America since before America was America. We KNOW white people matter.

I do hope you get the distinction.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2020, 01:55:31 PM »
I know a lot of people can't comprehend the anti-BLM side of things and just boil things down to racism, which is understandable. Just know that me and it seems like others are not going to support this organization in anyway. If that means losing one of my greatest loves, marquette basketball, then it is what it is. I cannot support even a Marxist adjacent organization, let alone one that is openly Marxist.

I wish they could just do a patch like "End Police Brutality" or "End Racism" or promote racial issues in any other way other than increasing the BLM brand.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 10 years and it looks like I won't even watch games this year let alone get season tickets.

I love you all, even those that think I'm being racist, I wish you all the best in life. God bless.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2020, 01:57:43 PM »

As any right thinking person would agree, less racism is good and just. I think the term is over used to end conversations or debates and is becoming a term that resembles the 'boy who cried wolf'. It does not carry as much weight like it should. JMHO.

feedback