collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 College Football Thread  (Read 90244 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: 2020-21 College Football Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2020, 01:01:53 PM »
Dave Neal is on the call for Syracuse at UNC ACC matchup today. He is easily in my top tier of p×p broadcasters. He's very good. He's an FSU alum and has been doing SEC games for various sports for many years.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:28:11 PM by shoothoops »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2020, 02:23:39 PM »
Pretty rough start to the first CFB Saturday. Top 20 UNC turned it on late but looked pretty brutal through 3Qs. Top 25 ISU looked lackadaisical in defeat. Though on the bright side, through a quarter and a few possessions, ND looks atrocious

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
Pretty rough start to the first CFB Saturday. Top 20 UNC turned it on late but looked pretty brutal through 3Qs. Top 25 ISU looked lackadaisical in defeat. Though on the bright side, through a quarter and a few possessions, ND looks atrocious

Go Dook.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »
I think you are going to see a lot of inconsistent play.  Games cancelled.  Uneven schedules.  And eventually they will crown a champion.

Whether or not the B10 and P12 should have participated in this mess will be judged by history.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2020, 02:51:34 PM »
I went an entire season without watching college football in protest of conference realignment.   I am seriously contemplating doing it again.   

I doubt that seriously impacts the game.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2020, 03:50:11 PM »
Mike “Antisocially Distant” Caltagirone
@caltagm
So they’ve stopped play at the Georgia Tech-Florida State football game because of lightning in the area.  I don’t know why.  More people die of the flu every year than being struck by lightning.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »
I'm on the Sun Belt Conference fan club today!!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

• All American
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
I'm on the Sun Belt Conference fan club today!!

Matt Campbell probably should have struck while the iron was hot.  Pretty hard to win consistently at Iowa State.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2020, 04:32:55 PM »

The notion of playing around Thanksgiving is in embryonic discussion, and there’s a desire among coaches to start as early as possible.

Does this mean Thanksgiving 2020 may now be officially celebrated in the Spring of 2021?

• All American
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2020, 07:22:52 PM »
Ever see a -10 yard punt with a zero yard return for a touchdown?  Well...

https://twitter.com/bryandfischer/status/1304933211772915712?s=21

College football is just so awesome.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2020, 08:07:49 PM »
Got lucky while flipping around. Saw it live. The punter's reaction was funny.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:11:42 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2020, 09:11:54 PM »
Ever see a -10 yard punt with a zero yard return for a touchdown?  Well...

https://twitter.com/bryandfischer/status/1304933211772915712?s=21

College football is just so awesome.

A punt return record that will never be broken…

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2020, 09:47:55 PM »
I went an entire season without watching college football in protest of conference realignment.   I am seriously contemplating doing it again.   

I doubt that seriously impacts the game.

I’m not watching because I don’t think they should be playing. Pros are fine but not college.

I was supposed to be at the Oregon/Ohio State game today. It would have been cancelled anyway due to the fires and the air quality in Oregon being the worst in the world. Some things are just bigger than football.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »
I’m not watching because I don’t think they should be playing. Pros are fine but not college.

Some things are just bigger than football.

That’ll show ‘em, Billy!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2020, 10:33:28 PM »

Matt Campbell probably should have struck while the iron was hot.  Pretty hard to win consistently at Iowa State.

Tim Brando published his Top10 on the Paul Finebaum Show last week. He had Iowa State #6. Oops.

• All American
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2020, 10:51:21 PM »
Boy the B12 probably wishes they would have cancelled the season right?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2020, 09:00:11 AM »

Kinda like losing interest in MU basketball because they’re in support of Marxist communism, ain’t?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »

Unlike some, I don’t believe my decision matters to them. It’s just a personal decision. After Liverpool/Leeds yesterday ND/Duke came on NBCand I had no interest.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »
Kinda like losing interest in MU basketball because they’re in support of Marxist communism, ain’t?

LOL. Said by me never. One of my roommates (and a very close friend) was at one point the president of SDS at  Marquette. We had many long, detailed and spirited political discussions/disagreements about the merits (or lack thereof) of all of the “isms”. Never affected how we viewed each other as people - the idea that we would boycott, cancel or claim moral superiority over politics was ridiculous to us. You and Billy may roll that way. Not me.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2020, 01:44:21 PM »
LOL. Said by me never. One of my roommates (and a very close friend) was at one point the president of SDS at  Marquette. We had many long, detailed and spirited political discussions/disagreements about the merits (or lack thereof) of all of the “isms”. Never affected how we viewed each other as people - the idea that we would boycott, cancel or claim moral superiority over politics was ridiculous to us. You and Billy may roll that way. Not me.

There have been dozens of posts about not watching the NBA or MU basketball because of BLM. Why didn't you make this post in response to those posts?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2020, 03:22:25 PM »
There have been dozens of posts about not watching the NBA or MU basketball because of BLM. Why didn't you make this post in response to those posts?

I have been clear that “cutting off your nose to spite your face” is (IMO) foolish. And I haven’t seen any MU fan saying they are boycotting MU Hoops over their support for BLM.

I have, however, seen it from the “other side”. Wades (and I guess Theo John, too) say that those of us who don’t share their politics are unwanted/unwelcome as fans of the program. I consider that attitude childish, ignore it and continue to support the program.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2020, 03:24:17 PM »
I have been clear that “cutting off your nose to spite your face” is (IMO) foolish. And I haven’t seen any MU fan saying they are boycotting MU Hoops over their support for BLM.

I have, however, seen it from the “other side”. Wades (and I guess Theo John, too) say that those of us who don’t share their politics are unwanted/unwelcome as fans of the program. I consider that attitude childish, ignore it and continue to support the program.

If you have only seen it on one side,  then you have proven my point
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 03:28:06 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »

Saying "Black lives matter" is not a political statement. It's a human rights statement. The fact that some people can't tell the difference is a big part of the problem.

feedback