[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180750 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1025 on: December 09, 2020, 05:31:08 PM »
yes, yes the horse is thoroughly beaten and has been dead for some time guys.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1026 on: December 09, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
Apparently not beaten near enough.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: December 10, 2020, 06:13:05 AM »
Apparently not beaten near enough.

You're right, this is the place that people come to learn that you're upset that people don't wear masks, and that it is political.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1028 on: December 10, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »
You're right, this is the place that people come to learn that you're upset that people don't wear masks, and that it is political.

The Covid board has gotten near unreadable because every other statement is a political one without substance. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1029 on: December 10, 2020, 09:34:38 AM »

The Covid board has gotten near unreadable because every other statement is a political one without substance.

Agree that the political statements without substance are getting out of hand.

The other thing that makes this board unreadable are posters who make claims, then post links that directly contradict those claims. I wish people would look past the headline and read the actual article before they post something. I won't give examples because it would just reopen previous, fruitless arguments.

(And FWIW, I am not accusing you of this.)

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1030 on: December 10, 2020, 11:29:58 AM »

It is not political. Try common sense.

I am upset because 3,100+ people died yesterday. I am upset that about 3,000 people died the day before. I am upset that more will die tomorrow and the tomorrows to follow. I am upset that many of these deaths could be prevented if people wore masks.

That is why I am beating the carcass of a horse. The fact is that the reason this many people are dying is because of politics. Pretend it doesn't exist or whine that you don't want to hear about it anymore, if you want.

That doesn't change the facts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1031 on: December 10, 2020, 11:32:26 AM »

I am upset because 3,100+ people died yesterday. I am upset that about 3,000 people died the day before. I am upset that more will die tomorrow and the tomorrows to follow. I am upset that many of these deaths could be prevented if people wore masks.

That is why I am beating the carcass of a horse. The fact is that the reason this many people are dying is because of politics. Pretend it doesn't exist or whine that you don't want to hear about it anymore, if you want.

Yeah, we all know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1032 on: December 10, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
Agreed its political. But, we differ on which party to blame, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1033 on: December 10, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »

never change.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1034 on: December 10, 2020, 12:01:01 PM »

“I’m so upset that I am endlessly posting the same thing on a message board.”
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: December 10, 2020, 12:02:38 PM »
never change.

He didn't use aina.

Which is interesting in only that I have been doing Finnish on Duolingo and "aina" is the Finnish word for "always".

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: December 10, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »
JFC
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1037 on: December 10, 2020, 02:37:17 PM »
Ok, back to masks now.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1038 on: December 11, 2020, 03:50:46 AM »

You'd be screaming foul punching someone in the nuts, ala brad. TBH

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1039 on: December 11, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »
A group calling itself Trump Event Images is organizing a "Trash the Mask" event in Charlotte. I wonder how many will end up very sick or dead because of it.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/concord-mills-trash-the-mask-event-police-response/275-8b65d51c-925e-4f37-90c9-c435aca74476

CONCORD, N.C. — Officials in Concord, North Carolina, issued a statement saying they are aware of a "Trash the Mask" event being organized by anti-mask advocates at Concord Mills Mall Friday.

The event, which was organized on Facebook by Amy Moore Benjamin and a group called Trump Event Images, is in response to Gov. Roy Cooper's new COVID-19 restrictions, including the statewide nightly curfew that begins Friday. North Carolina is experiencing a major surge in COVID-19 cases that health officials project will only get worse as more infections linked to Thanksgiving are reported.

Organizers are asking supporters to show up at Concord Mills and meet in the food court Friday evening before going shopping, all while not wearing face masks. in November, Cooper issued an executive order that tightened North Carolina's mandate on face masks and top state health officials have asked the general public to wear masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1040 on: December 11, 2020, 09:06:39 PM »
A group calling itself Trump Event Images is organizing a "Trash the Mask" event in Charlotte. I wonder how many will end up very sick or dead because of it.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/concord-mills-trash-the-mask-event-police-response/275-8b65d51c-925e-4f37-90c9-c435aca74476

CONCORD, N.C. — Officials in Concord, North Carolina, issued a statement saying they are aware of a "Trash the Mask" event being organized by anti-mask advocates at Concord Mills Mall Friday.

The event, which was organized on Facebook by Amy Moore Benjamin and a group called Trump Event Images, is in response to Gov. Roy Cooper's new COVID-19 restrictions, including the statewide nightly curfew that begins Friday. North Carolina is experiencing a major surge in COVID-19 cases that health officials project will only get worse as more infections linked to Thanksgiving are reported.

Organizers are asking supporters to show up at Concord Mills and meet in the food court Friday evening before going shopping, all while not wearing face masks. in November, Cooper issued an executive order that tightened North Carolina's mandate on face masks and top state health officials have asked the general public to wear masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19.

Wow - that's about all I can say.  This event never ended up taking place at least - https://statesville.com/news/state-and-regional/trash-the-mask-event-at-concord-mills-fizzles-out/article_18185b4b-081a-595d-8879-0b647762f857.html#tracking-source=home-the-latest

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: December 12, 2020, 10:26:32 PM »
Looking out at the largely-maskless throng of attendees at a pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, Republican congressman-elect Bob Good dismissed the coronavirus pandemic as “phony” and lauded the crowd as “a group of people that gets it.”

“I can’t tell you how great it is to look out there and see your faces,” said Good, who won Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat last month. “This looks like a group of people that gets it. This is a phony pandemic.”

These people are f’in crazy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1042 on: December 12, 2020, 10:28:58 PM »
3,100+ phony deaths yesterday. Now almost 300K phony dead Americans.

They. Simply. Don't. Care.

The biggest abdication of leadership in U.S. history. Disgusting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: December 12, 2020, 11:49:45 PM »
3,100+ phony deaths yesterday. Now almost 300K phony dead Americans.

They. Simply. Don't. Care.

You sound like me now.

I’m sure Sultan will be admonishing you in the morning.  :-\

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: December 13, 2020, 08:09:40 AM »
No--best president in some people's lives doncha know.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: December 16, 2020, 09:48:17 AM »
Dodge City, Kansas Mayor resigns because she no longer feels safe. She no longer feels safe due to the threats she received after issuing a mask mandate Nov 16th.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1339212351925592064?s=19

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1046 on: December 16, 2020, 11:04:27 AM »
Dodge City, Kansas Mayor resigns because she no longer feels safe. She no longer feels safe due to the threats she received after issuing a mask mandate Nov 16th.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1339212351925592064?s=19

So she got the hell outta Dodge, aina?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1047 on: December 16, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »
Looking out at the largely-maskless throng of attendees at a pro-Trump rally in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, Republican congressman-elect Bob Good dismissed the coronavirus pandemic as “phony” and lauded the crowd as “a group of people that gets it.”

“I can’t tell you how great it is to look out there and see your faces,” said Good, who won Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat last month. “This looks like a group of people that gets it. This is a phony pandemic.”

These people are f’in crazy.

I fail to comprehend how anyone can stay with a straight face that this is pandemic is phony and it made me a little sick to my stomach when I read this story.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1048 on: December 16, 2020, 09:16:03 PM »
Parents charged with renting a party bus for their 14 year old's Birthday that had 60 kids on it without masks:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/party-bus-ohio-trnd/index.html

Besides the Covid implications there were fights when the kids got off the bus at the shopping mall and the police had to deal with it after the bus driver fled the scene.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1049 on: January 04, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »