collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180785 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Masks
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »
St. George, Utah:

https://twitter.com/jared_carrabis/status/1305521504365535232
We're screwed! I don't know what part of that is more depressing (paraphrased):
- "George Floyd couldn't breath and he died, now we have to wear masks and can't breath"
- "You know why I don't like masks? Most child molesters like them!"
- the 'I identify as a fresh air breather' t-shirts
- 'all agreed that masks are bad for children's health

I'm sure I'm missing some.

We spent a little over 2 weeks in that area this summer, stayed NE of Zion so opposite of St. George, and you could 100% tell the tourists from the locals - our provisioning trip to the closest Wal-Mart traumatized the kids.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #426 on: September 14, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #427 on: September 14, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
- "George Floyd couldn't breath and he died, now we have to wear masks and can't breath"

We spent a little over 2 weeks in that area this summer, stayed NE of Zion so opposite of St. George, and you could 100% tell the tourists from the locals - our provisioning trip to the closest Wal-Mart traumatized the kids.

The most concerning part for me is that it is an obligation of ABC 4 News in Utah to separate fact from fiction instead of just presenting the piece as it is. While many people may believe it is SNL parity, it’s real life, and needs a disclaimer from the television station.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #428 on: September 14, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »
You know the brainwashing is working when a young boy says "The flu kills more people".  Sigh.  Depressing.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #429 on: September 14, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
That video was very depressing.
In my thirty years as a public defender, I represented accused child molesters. Not one case involved a mask.
What is so discouraging to me is that with so many of those delusional people around, and with no one wanting to actually enforce mask mandates, we are letting them control the response. Which means we are never getting out of this.

Pakuni

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #431 on: September 14, 2020, 02:32:03 PM »
I wonder where they get it from. Hmm...leaders lead. This short clip is from today, just after the President is informed that the vast majority of Forest land in California is Federal, and, when the discussion switches to Science and Climate Change:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1305580235941974017

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #432 on: September 14, 2020, 02:55:51 PM »
You know the brainwashing is working when a young boy says "The flu kills more people".  Sigh.  Depressing.

Stupidity kills more people.  Depressing.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #433 on: September 14, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »

The way to combat mask wearing child molesters and child sex trafficking is to...checks notes...hire them to run your state campaigns in Kentucky and Oklahoma?

https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1148992332680896520

Wear a mask.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
In comparison to the other challenges posed by the virus, wearing a mask is one of the easiest and most innocuous.

People can deal with job losses, food insecurity, long lines for testing, stay at home orders, business closures, restaurant and bar closures, and other restrictions…but wearing a simple mask is a bridge too far?

::)

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2020, 05:50:07 PM »

Straight outta Qanon

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
I wonder where they get it from. Hmm...leaders lead. This short clip is from today, just after the President is informed that the vast majority of Forest land in California is Federal, and, when the discussion switches to Science and Climate Change:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1305580235941974017

Trump on climate change: "It'll start getting cooler. You just watch ... I don't think science knows, actually."

I think it is gonna happen the same day that Covid “just disappears”.

You can’t make up this kind of stupid.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2020, 06:15:13 PM »

"Local authorities in Indonesia ordered eight people who broke the country’s face mask laws to dig graves for COVID-19 victims, according to a report."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/anti-maskers-forced-to-dig-graves-for-covid-19-victims-in-indonesia/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2020, 06:23:26 PM »
Paul Rudd Public Service Anouncement to wear a mask, is gold:

https://twitter.com/seanseaevans/status/1305597203688435714?s=09

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2020, 06:35:52 PM »

Being forced to wear masks also reminds me of internment camps and the holocaust.  Surprised they didn't mention that.

So, so doomed. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
I’m trying to organize a mass rally against the government seat belt mandate. I can’t get the sheep to stand up with me for their god given freedom to be free of government oppression.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »
Gotta love the my body my choice sign one lady's holding... just assuming some stuff from demographic trends here but I don't think she sees the irony.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2020, 08:44:44 PM »
Being forced to wear masks also reminds me of internment camps and the holocaust.  Surprised they didn't mention that.

So, so doomed.
40 years of intentionally making people dumb through talk radio is really paying dividends.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2020, 08:53:10 PM »
Gotta love the my body my choice sign one lady's holding... just assuming some stuff from demographic trends here but I don't think she sees the irony.

Seems to be a popular meme among people too dumb to understand that you wear a mask to protect others, not yourself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2020, 09:33:42 PM »
Trump on climate change: "It'll start getting cooler. You just watch ... I don't think science knows, actually."

I think it is gonna happen the same day that Covid “just disappears”.

Like a miracle.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #445 on: September 15, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »

That wasn't brainwashing, that was a kid 100% parroting what his parents told him to say cause he'd be on camera.  That was the same delivery as when you tell a kid to go up to someone and say "thank you for the birthday gift, i really liked it"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:21 PM »
That wasn't brainwashing, that was a kid 100% parroting what his parents told him to say cause he'd be on camera.  That was the same delivery as when you tell a kid to go up to someone and say "thank you for the birthday gift, i really liked it"

In the moment, you are right - he was just parroting his parents.

But what do think he will say if the cameras are off and he's chatting with friends online? I'm gonna guess it'd be the same thing...and he would believe it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Parenting is essentially brainwashing (mostly in a good way!), But even if it's just parroting, it's not like he is learning differently or knows differently.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2020, 11:37:41 PM »
At his town hall tonight, trump trashed wearing masks and blamed Biden for not issuing a national mandate for their usage.

Yup.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2020, 08:03:53 AM »

A few weeks ago, I had a waiter in Utah tell me that more people have died of abortions than Covid-19.

Yikes. Not exactly polite dinner conversation.
Have some patience, FFS.